• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Lucid Truth First Run w/ Pics

SteezeOG

Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi
I've been patiently waiting the release of the truth since I first had Rusco tell me it was coming in July and would be similar to a Buzzz. That was back in February when I was asking about the Renegade.

Thursday I got to find out if it was going to replace the buzzz in my bag or just be another good try.

Since then I've received a lot of requests for a profile pic so here it is.

ru2y5t.jpg

and another

2hdvaj5.jpg

I took both of the lucid first runs aroung 178g and threw them side by side with my tenth anniversary buzzz of the same weight. Immediately I could tell the lines I was able to throw were the same but every time both DD discs went just a little further.

The truth certainly feels like a Buzzz in the hand but I think it's got a slightly sharper edge profile and that makes it a little longer.

The truth held a perfectly straight line in a mild head wind with very minimal fade. A couple people in the shop said that starts to wear off the disc first during wear so that is something I look forward to. Even on powered down shorter shots I noticed the Truth does not fade much.

It doesn't take bad form and magically turn it good but it's forgiving to form flaws like the Verdict and not the Fugitive. It's more of a Core rim than the mace or pain style. Will pair nicely with the Verdict since they feel so close but I don't see it overlapping much with the suspect so I intend to carry both.

2d2ng7.jpg

Not sure of all the colors but I liked the very bright yellow and pink.

Not much else to say. It's a great mid for me. Fills the spot I used my Buzzz for perfectly so far. Order one monday and see if I'm full of it. :D

Thanks for the profile shots Steeze! Have you thrown Pains? The numbers on this are close, but you describe it as having less fade, so I am curious if you can compare...

Thanks for the profile shots Steeze! Have you thrown Pains? The numbers on this are close, but you describe it as having less fade, so I am curious if you can compare...

I've had an opto pain in the bag before. I don't think they're all that close to these unless you have a really straight pain. I was pretty impressed with how straight these go. Even on nose up hyzers that usually will fade a lot it stayed along that initial path pretty well. I wouldn't compare it to anything from another company but a buzzz. It's really close to their Verdict but stable where I would say the verdict is overstable.

Tried to throw one on a hard anny line with some OAT and it fought out of it pretty well. I had the best results just ripping it flat or a little hyzer and letting it flip up to neutral in the slight wind. Not going to replace the fugitive or suspect for longer upshots though because I think it will be harder to get it to land short. It likes to glide. I know their number on it are 6, 5, 0, 2 and I think that's close. I would call it 6, 6, 0, 1

Looks like a Zombee. How would you compare the two?

That's what I thought of when I noticed it was slightly faster than a Buzzz. It's not that tweener between a fairway and mid though like a zombee. It's just a really fast and long mid that still feels and handles like one I think. The zombee has a sharper rim and I think should be longer for most players. As for flight it could be close but the truth is so very straight. I know I'm being redundant on that point but it's the biggest thing that stuck out to me. I had heard it was going to be like that but I doubted it. Everything fades pretty hard for me when new but this disc has been dead straight for me since I got it Thursday and since then it just seems to get better.

I started throwing it along side my classic fugitive which I absolutely love and while they both took the same line to get there the fugitive stalled and pulled hard to the left at the end which made me miss my gap. The truth maybe faded three feet or so off my line but kept it right there in the tunnel and I was able to hit my putt. I feel like I can use that to my advantage.

The last couple months I haven't reached for the buzzz much. Maybe it's the new factor but the last two rounds I've been looking for an excuse to use the truth. That name too....I like throwing awesome shots with it and saying "ain't that the truth" or any other stupid play on the word.

Might be willing to make a deal for tenth year buzzz and stock stamp truth swap. Just putting that out there for people. :D I want to throw them a little more before I commit that far.

How would you compare the Truth to a Core or even Warship? It sounds like it might be close to the Warship.

How would you compare the Truth to a Core or even Warship? It sounds like it might be close to the Warship.

I would say the comparison to a warship ends after the flight discussion. That's the only similarity. The warship is to the Mace like the Truth is to the Verdict. If that makes sense. You could compare the flight of a warship to the truth and the flight of a mace to the verdict but that's about where the similarities end. knock the bead off a warship and round out the rim like a buzzz then you're starting to get there. It's much closer to a Core but I feel like the truth is a little more forgiving to slight form issues.

How's it handle low lines? I've got a Mako3 coming for the straight-no-fade shot but am skeptical about it low. If the Truth can handle those low Buzzz lines it sounds like a winner.

How's it handle low lines? I've got a Mako3 coming for the straight-no-fade shot but am skeptical about it low. If the Truth can handle those low Buzzz lines it sounds like a winner.

good for me so far but the buzzz is always the mid I threw if I needed to keep it low but still go far. This does that just as well if not a little better because of the glide. I haven't had a problem keeping it low under branches or anything.

good for me so far but the buzzz is always the mid I threw if I needed to keep it low but still go far. This does that just as well if not a little better because of the glide. I haven't had a problem keeping it low under branches or anything.

Sounds like i may have to replace my comets with this or at least look into it. Hopefully it doesn't overlap with my shark 3 though. i love the low profile mids, great flick discs.

Sounds like i may have to replace my comets with this or at least look into it. Hopefully it doesn't overlap with my shark 3 though. i love the low profile mids, great flick discs.

I've been wanting to try the shark3. It was always my favorite innova mid. I have a champ shark that flies a little similar to the truth. The truth is longer for sure and less fade but I'm a fan of the shark mold. I would say the dome on the truth is closer to a shark than a buzzz but it's not domey. It's not super flat either. A nice mix.

I've actually got my champ shark, z buzzz, and a truth here with me. I'll go take a couple profile comparison shots on the hot tub lid. That always comes out better.

I'm curious, if it is so fast for a mid, how it does not have that hard fade out when powered down, like the buzzz?

That is my least favorite part about the Buzzz, and is what ultimately led me to choose a beaded mid (Wasp in my case) for my workhorse mid. My Wasps show a similar fade regardless of speed, which makes them much easier to throw consistently. I found the Buzzz to require speed. Throw it at it's intended speeds and it was a lazer with no fade (Great!), lighten up on it even a little bit and it faded out early and harder than anticipated (Not so great!).

I've been wanting to try the shark3. It was always my favorite innova mid. I have a champ shark that flies a little similar to the truth. The truth is longer for sure and less fade but I'm a fan of the shark mold. I would say the dome on the truth is closer to a shark than a buzzz but it's not domey. It's not super flat either. A nice mix.

I've actually got my champ shark, z buzzz, and a truth here with me. I'll go take a couple profile comparison shots on the hot tub lid. That always comes out better.

I appreciate that, that will help me determine whether to invests in the first runs or not. I love my suspect. The truth sounds like an awesome complement

I'm curious, if it is so fast for a mid, how it does not have that hard fade out when powered down, like the buzzz?

That is my least favorite part about the Buzzz, and is what ultimately led me to choose a beaded mid (Wasp in my case) for my workhorse mid. My Wasps show a similar fade regardless of speed, which makes them much easier to throw consistently. I found the Buzzz to require speed. Throw it at it's intended speeds and it was a lazer with no fade (Great!), lighten up on it even a little bit and it faded out early and harder than anticipated (Not so great!).

I'm curious about that too. It just doesn't have a heavy fade. Even new. That's my opinion on it at least. I've never thrown a mid that was that straight when brand new. Not even a Buzzz SS. The tursas was close but it turns and then fades out. I get even less fade out of the truth.

It will still go left a little more as it comes to a stop from spinning but honestly I've never had a new mid that would act like this one does new. I've always had to take an old buzzz or new buzzz ss and beat it in for a while before I could count on it to land on the same line as it flew.

I think people who kind of advanced their game and counted on the buzzz and wasp combo will really enjoy the verdict and truth combo for those same shots. I'm a big fan of discraft mids and still am but they don't come in these plastics and I'm a fan of this plastic. These are grippier and softer than the lucid suspect to me. More like the VIP tursas and some of the other new opto mids. Not floppy soft but not a stiff rigid flight plate either.

Any idea what range of weights will be available? I like low 170s for mids but have noticed the DD stuff seems to come out heavier...

The subjects. Lucid truth, Champ shark, Z buzzz All Pink and all 175-180g
5kr4hv.jpg

Champ shark on the left, truth on the right
11j6i6a.jpg

Buzzz on the left, truth on the right
35ld7qr.jpg

Truth on the left, Buzzz on the right

s128ao.jpg

Truth on the left, Shark on the right

2nga63n.jpg

On their domes, Buzzz on the left, Truth on the right. You can see the truth has more dome to it but not much. To be fair that is the flattest z buzzz I've ever owned.

2wc1t2v.jpg

Shark on the left, Truth on the right. Look about the same to me.

1e3zb7.jpg

My biggest worry when I hear something is "like a Buzzz" is this:

The Core is like a Buzzz! Hell no it isn't. It's like a beat Buzzz SS.
The Warship is a Better Buzzz! Hell no it isn't. It's too domey and you can't trust it in the wind.
The Mako/Shark/Coyote/whatever else is like a Buzzz! Just no. Please stop.

Just like everyone wants to copy the Roc or improve it somehow, it's not happening.

I think it would be awesome if this really does fly like a Buzzz, but I'm definitely going to be a little skeptical until I see some good videos. I'm also guessing that this feels like a Hornet in the hand due to the micro bead and bit of dome...

Any idea what range of weights will be available? I like low 170s for mids but have noticed the DD stuff seems to come out heavier...

I believe the weights were pretty varied on this mold with more of them in the 178-180 range. I'm not 100% sure but the one that was tossed to me the moment I walked through the door was a blue 170g. It felt great and that's when I asked for two of the brightest ones they had above 175g and I left with the pink and yellow both at 178g I think. Love the yellow. It's not as translucent and feels a little more firm. Exactly like my VIP Tursas.

I think it was you in a PM I told I'm not pleased about having five different molds for mids but since they're all Lat and I am playing better than I did with all Discraft mids I'll keep at it. I know I'm done adding mids though for sure. I have everything covered with a Verdict, Suspect, Truth, Classic Fugitive, and VIP Tursas.

Latest posts