• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Lucid Truth First Run w/ Pics

Got a chance to play a few holes at Rankin Lake with my new (to me) trio of Truths:

8/10 176g Opaque White Lucid
9/10 178g Tranlucent First Run Blue Lucid
10/10 172g Burnt Orange BioFuzion

1) 184' Open hole on sidehill with room (Moderate Hyzer): All three powered down nicely for 10' putts. Pretty easy to range down without being overstable.

2) 409' Drive down a moderate tunnel (Flat) and then right to left upshot (Anyhyzer) : The White Lucid (most beat) had a bit more glide finishing longest but all landed within 15' or so of each other probably 275' down. On second shot, both the new BioFuzion and Blue First Run pulled out a way powered down anny (125' or so). White Lucid held it deeper but still started to pull out.

3) 274' Right finishing hole for a LHBH (Healthy Hyzer): White Lucid held the line and was parked. BioFuzion held the same line and was 10' out. Blue First Run pulled right a bit more and had a bit of a flare/skip to it 20' short of basket.

5) Open fairway upshot from 300' out (Slight hyzer): White Lucid popped up and then held before a small finish. Same with BioFuzion. Blue First Run held slight hyzer and had a moderate finish. White Lucid carried 10' or so more than other two.

8) 299' with tight treeline on left and lots of room on right (LHBH anhyzer): When thrown moderately, White Lucid and BioFuzion both held the anny for awhile and then pulled out/stalled and landed flat. Finished just inside the circle, 20' right of target and 20' short. I threw cranked on the Blue First Run and it held that darn anny and was parked. Leaning on the pin parked.

So my final observations:

- Worn 176g Lucid had better glide than fresh 178g First Run Lucid or new 172g BioFuzion.
- Worn 176g Lucid and brand new 172g BioFuzion had about the same HSS (popped up from small hyzer to flat).
- New 172g BioFuzion and fresh 178g First Run Lucid had about the same LSS (still significant).
- A fresh First Run178g Lucid (or any Truth it appears) will hold a anny to the ground if thrown at my full 300' power but pulls out anny at 80% (for me)

The worn 176g Lucid won over my Z Buzzz slot.
I'll start beating the 172g BioFuzion so that it can take over my Z BuzzzSS slot once it holds a powered down anny.
The 178g First Run might give my 400 M2 a run at the slightly overstable spot.

Last edited:
Very seldom does a disc live up to hype. I never knew anyone to throw a Truth until last week at the Japan Open and I personally just threw a Truth for the first time yesterday.........it's a Buzz. It's hard to say if they've got more glide than a buzz because mine is and opto air and Discraft doesn't make a buzz that low in weight in a plastic worth two corn filled craps. This disc is every bit as magical as precious testimonials on this thread have claimed. I've finally found a mid I can trust for competitions in Japan.

I love the Buzzz and I can say with all confidence that the Truth, for me, is a better mid-range than the Buzzz. It flies so dang straight and it is so predictable. I carry two (soon to be three once my Lucid Air Truth arrives). A 172 Lucid that will flip up and fly straight and an opaque 179 Lucid that flies straight and gently fades out. I have two aces with my Truth and it seems like I hit basket weekly. Anything from 230-315 I'm pulling out my Truth.

I love the Buzzz and I can say with all confidence that the Truth, for me, is a better mid-range than the Buzzz. It flies so dang straight and it is so predictable. I carry two (soon to be three once my Lucid Air Truth arrives). A 172 Lucid that will flip up and fly straight and an opaque 179 Lucid that flies straight and gently fades out. I have two aces with my Truth and it seems like I hit basket weekly. Anything from 230-315 I'm pulling out my Truth.

i felt the same way and recently added a max weight moonshine for a little more fade or wind.

What would you guys suggest for a nice straight with fade Truth that will hold is stability the longest? My Bio started out dead straight with very small fade like Buzzz (maybe even a little less fade) and now turns a bit a fades a bit on flat 300' throws. I'm looking for one that flies similar to a Champ Roc3. Is this possible with the truth?

What would you guys suggest for a nice straight with fade Truth that will hold is stability the longest? My Bio started out dead straight with very small fade like Buzzz (maybe even a little less fade) and now turns a bit a fades a bit on flat 300' throws. I'm looking for one that flies similar to a Champ Roc3. Is this possible with the truth?

Depends on the thrower but I threw a couple roc3's when they first came out and they actually turned a little but were mostly straight with a little fade. A heavy lucid truth should be good for what you want. It'll hold up longer than the biofuzion you have and start out more overstable slightly than it did when new.

Bio Fuzions grip and release like a mid but fly like a true fairway driver. It pulled the Roc3, Leopard, Gazelle, and GStar TeeBird out of the bag.

Definitely try the Verdict ... it's pretty much what you are describing; you should look at a moderately OS mid (like the Roc3, Hornet, Pain, etc.). If you regularly throw the Truth 300ft, you'll be able to get similar distance with more stability (straight then fade lines) with the Verdict. It feels pretty much identical in the hand to a Truth.