• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MA1 for Worlds is FULL!!!

Quicker round times, despite ALREADY playing with no groups of five AND only two rounds per course per day.

That is sad news :( I love Angry Beaver and wanted vengeance on hole 5 from my last time playing there. Why shorten hole 4? It's not that bad to begin with.

I believe it is to keep rounds under a certain time so that people will be able to enjoy more of the experiences/extra curricular activities of worlds and won't be stuck on the course too long.

Many of the courses are getting a few slight changes to a shorter layout(Nevin, Renny, Angry)

Please tell me they're not messing with 12 at Nevin :) I wouldn't be surprised if 17 got a tune up. I hear they moved the tee up to the top of the hill on 17?

That is sad news :( I love Angry Beaver and wanted vengeance on hole 5 from my last time playing there. Why shorten hole 4? It's not that bad to begin with.

Besides the time... the actual logistics of this. With a shorter hole 5 tee, it made sense to have a shorter basket there, that way you dont have to walk all the way down to 4's current basket, then back down 5's fairway to the new tee...I used to always think hole 8 was the next tee too...stops that confusion when you come of #4 when you see the tee in front of you but it really is off to the right.

Mark

So for hole 5 they're just moving the tee up to the dog leg?

From what I understand yes. Should be just an Air it out hole

Please tell me they're not messing with 12 at Nevin :) I wouldn't be surprised if 17 got a tune up. I hear they moved the tee up to the top of the hill on 17?

17 does have a short pad at the top of the hill making it a par 4. Hole 3 also has a short pad I believe.

Huey can correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited:
So for hole 5 they're just moving the tee up to the dog leg?

It's just on the other side of the rocks, kind of on the right of that fairway. It's framed but not poured currently. Landing area, for me at least, gets pretty thin up there. So you either nut up if you have the arm and go for the eagle run (guessing it's a par 4), or go mid/putter for the birdie. Seems like a really easy par 4 now, but I'm sure w/ the wind and OB it'll play harder than it looks.

It's just on the other side of the rocks, kind of on the right of that fairway. It's framed but not poured currently. Landing area, for me at least, gets pretty thin up there. So you either nut up if you have the arm and go for the eagle run (guessing it's a par 4), or go mid/putter for the birdie. Seems like a really easy par 4 now, but I'm sure w/ the wind and OB it'll play harder than it looks.

It should be an easy par 4 from the new tee. I don't see many eagles coming on it though. Hole 9 on the other hand should be eagle city. Hole 8 will be too if they don't move the basket further back soon like they've talked about.

does anyone know if this layout will also be used for the CAC coming up?

Nevin is a hike for us southsiders... I need to practice up there for Worlds but can't afford the gas it takes to get up there.
I have a hard time believing that you're shooting +10 at Elon consistently, Mark. Even my worst rounds there I don't make double digits.

I would think so. they had nevin short pads ready before the clash. I would think they will have Elon ready for the CAC

I'd guess not. We haven't poured pads for new 5 and 15 yet. I haven't even heard about plans to get it done. They are framed and sitting idle. As far as the baskets that are supposed to move, I doubt that will be completed by the months end either, but I could be wrong. Hole 4 is gonna be an ace run if it moves where I've heard its going.

I would think so. they had nevin short pads ready before the clash. I would think they will have Elon ready for the CAC

I'd guess not. We haven't poured pads for new 5 and 15 yet. I haven't even heard about plans to get it done. They are framed and sitting idle. As far as the baskets that are supposed to move, I doubt that will be completed by the months end either, but I could be wrong. Hole 4 is gonna be an ace run if it moves where I've heard its going.

One of us is right :p

All I know is that the club message board had info about workdays about this time before the clash. I haven't seen a peep about work at Elon thus far.

The cac will play the worlds layouts which means the changes should be made before the tourney.

nice. going to try to make my way to charlotte at least once in the next couple weeks before. :hfive:

Digital -- pm me before you come and I'll let you know if the changes to the beaver have been made. I'm easily the closest proximity of any of the other Charlotte posters to the course. I'm typically there everyday... I live 3 minutes away.

Latest posts