• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Made some changes, please critique

aceshyze

Bogey Member
Years playing/experience: 13 months
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, very occasional FH or OH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) Magic (150', 190') Mako (200', 230') Leopard (250', 330')

Optional:
Sex: M

What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Looking to downsize if possible, any other suggestions
Specific areas of desired feedback: Is several of the same mold always necessary?
Immediate and long-term goals: Better line-shaping, able to execute complex shots and multi-shot hole strategies

Bag:

Drivers:
172 Champ Mamba (Close to new) - Max distance, long left-to-right, big turnovers
167 Star Eagle, (Close to new) - overstable and long
165 DX Eagle (beating in) - lots of turn and fade, line-shaping, not used as much as before
167 Pro Leopard (Close to new) - understable, shorter S curves
175 Champ Leopard (Close to new) - Go-to, straight with a little fade

Mids:
178 Ti Wasp (close to new) - consistent overstable
17? Z Wasp (used but fresh) - getting more understable, less consistent
171 Star Mako (fairly fresh) - glidey straight with a little fade, go-to
177 Z Meteor (used but fresh) - longest mid, slight left-to-right, straight short drives
172 ESP Meteor (breaking in) - turnovers and anhyzers

Putters:
171 Sinus AP (new) - driving putter, overstable approaches
175 M Magic (used) - putting, approaches

If you are looking to downsize a bit why not take out the Mako and use the Z meteor for all straight drives, that way you are keeping the number of discs and molds down.

try out a teebird, and why no roc's? try out a roc3 or kc pro roc. And for overstable distance driver ( if you have the power to throw it) try a destroyer.

try out a teebird, and why no roc's? try out a roc3 or kc pro roc. And for overstable distance driver ( if you have the power to throw it) try a destroyer.

Do you have any reasoning behind these recommendations, or is this just based on personal preference?

Do you have any reasoning behind these recommendations, or is this just based on personal preference?

my reasoning is that all the discs I mentioned are renowned for being amazing discs and almost every pro that you would talk to you would tell you the same. Roc's, KC Aviars, Teebirds, Eagles, Destroyers.:thmbup:

my reasoning is that all the discs I mentioned are renowned for being amazing discs and almost every pro that you would talk to you would tell you the same. Roc's, KC Aviars, Teebirds, Eagles, Destroyers.:thmbup:

Every INNOVA pro would say this^
And every discraft pro would say buzzz
it's all a matter of finding the right combo of molds for you if you like the wasp I would maybe try a comet for turnovers and straight shots if you don't like the meteor
Other then that I would say look at the speed 9-11 I would tell you a disc but I'm still hunting for the mold for me and my needs
Btw I use rocs now and had the buzzz and wasp combo before that so I see both sides

Any sponsored player will tell you that their discs are the best.

I like your bag. You could probably drop the z meteor, and be okay with the mako and esp meteor.

Every INNOVA pro would say this^
And every discraft pro would say buzzz
it's all a matter of finding the right combo of molds for you if you like the wasp I would maybe try a comet for turnovers and straight shots if you don't like the meteor
Other then that I would say look at the speed 9-11 I would tell you a disc but I'm still hunting for the mold for me and my needs
Btw I use rocs now and had the buzzz and wasp combo before that so I see both sides

its not only that I throw all innova and prodigy, but its just that I know that these discs work AMAZING, the Roc holds lines better than a buzzz and is more stable. there is nothing like a set of DX or KC pro rocs in varying stability. I would just say innova makes better discs than discraft.

Years playing/experience: 13 months
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, very occasional FH or OH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) Magic (150', 190') Mako (200', 230') Leopard (250', 330')

Optional:
Sex: M

What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Looking to downsize if possible, any other suggestions
Specific areas of desired feedback: Is several of the same mold always necessary?
Immediate and long-term goals: Better line-shaping, able to execute complex shots and multi-shot hole strategies

Bag:

Drivers:
172 Champ Mamba (Close to new) - Max distance, long left-to-right, big turnovers
167 Star Eagle, (Close to new) - overstable and long
165 DX Eagle (beating in) - lots of turn and fade, line-shaping, not used as much as before
167 Pro Leopard (Close to new) - understable, shorter S curves
175 Champ Leopard (Close to new) - Go-to, straight with a little fade

Mids:
178 Ti Wasp (close to new) - consistent overstable
17? Z Wasp (used but fresh) - getting more understable, less consistent
171 Star Mako (fairly fresh) - glidey straight with a little fade, go-to
177 Z Meteor (used but fresh) - longest mid, slight left-to-right, straight short drives
172 ESP Meteor (breaking in) - turnovers and anhyzers

Putters:
171 Sinus AP (new) - driving putter, overstable approaches
175 M Magic (used) - putting, approaches

I would say drop the Mamba for now and focus on just using your Leopard and Eagle. That is a very good one two combo to learn with. I could do the same with my Stalker/River and be just fine.

I have thrown the Elite Z Wasp and it does start to become slightly inconsistent when worn,not horribly bad,but you can tell it is there. Nothing a nose angle adjustment can't fix though.

I would probably drop the Elite Z Wasp. Pick one of the Meteors that you like the best. I've thrown both the ESP and Z versions of lots of discraft discs and there is a very minimal flight difference between plastics. They do wear differently,but in flight they will stay the same for a while. If you want you could just leave the other in there just to get some wear on them.

I think a Voodoo would pair nicely with your Sinus and Magic. The Voodoo is a pretty good driver off the Tee. I use mine for Putting and Driving.

Latest posts