• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Magellan disc golf bag

It's exactly what your paying for. I would expect 6 months out of it with heavy use. Here is a pic with it loaded with 19 mids and putters

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 403
I snagged two. One is a gift. The other is something I've been putting off for a long time due to cost but now it seems perfect.

I have a ton of friends come in from out of town and want to play but they didn't bring their discs. Now I leave this in the back of my car and fill it with TeeBirds buzzz and putters.

Super pleased with this purchase. It feels sturdy.

So many backpack bags available to a lower cost segment, really awesome. Think it says a lot to the growing popularity of disc golf when Academy enters the backpack bag market. I've yet again recommended to my friends who are still hesitant to spend over 50 bucks on a bag. Really great for the highly price conscious player.

That said, it looks like a Flak that had a stroke.

It's exactly what your paying for. I would expect 6 months out of it with heavy use. Here is a pic with it loaded with 19 mids and putters

literally was about to go to Academy, see if they had any, and then put discs in it just like that lol

Shots fired.

ReHFfHc.png

lol. Imitation would be Huju.

Execution in the form of smart business is just well, good business.

I don't think Innova is flattered there are many many other companies selling aviar/teebird/roc clones lol. Pretty sure nothing about MVP, legacy etc flatter Innova or DC lol.

Saaaaaaaaalty.

Looked at them yesterday. Even though I will not use a backpack for disc golf, I'm curious about those side straps. What is their purpose?

Looked at them yesterday. Even though I will not use a backpack for disc golf, I'm curious about those side straps. What is their purpose?

They hold a stool/umbrella upright on many bags. Im sure you can hang stuff from them etc.

You are referring to the "Multifunctional side straps with compression buckles" right?

In the description on Academy's site, it says "- Large main disc compartment with an internal organizer holds more than 21 discs" Yet, in the review billtvshow linked to, they mention about the discs flopping if not filled near capacity and don't show any sort of organizer in the pics. Am I missing something, or is that just a marketing gimmick?

Fwiw, I ordered two yesterday around 9:00 am EST and they are already here as of 1:30 pm today. That's with standard shipping. Granted they didn't come from too far away, but still that's a pretty awesome turnaround.

In the description on Academy's site, it says "- Large main disc compartment with an internal organizer holds more than 21 discs" Yet, in the review billtvshow linked to, they mention about the discs flopping if not filled near capacity and don't show any sort of organizer in the pics. Am I missing something, or is that just a marketing gimmick?

I don't think it's a marketing gimmick, I think it's just the nature of the bag. I think "not near capacity" is probably less than 15. Nothing seemed deceptive about the advertising.

Ordered one Monday, and received it today. I'm a casual player, so this fits my needs, and most importantly, my budget perfectly.

I was able to fit 20 discs - variety of putters, mids, and drivers - and it doesn't feel cramped. Going from an 11 disc PDGA sholder bag, this is a huge improvement. It's definitely not the same quality as a high end bag, but it doesn't feel as cheap as it costs. BillTVShow's review is pretty spot on.

I'm happy there's a bag out there where I don't feel like I'm dipping into my kid's college fund to buy. If it wears out in a year or two (remember - casual player), then it's money well spent.

Latest posts