• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Making VIbrams more visible

Kursk

Bogey Member
I've got a bag with a fair number of Vibram discs. Since today was my first go, I noticed that the blue hues with specs of color totally blended into all of the grass and wildflowers. Is there a way to say dye grey to white to yellow maybe in an X on top?

I don't think there is any way to lighten the color of a disc. You can only make it darker and adding to much color can make it even more camoflauged. I usually just die a large pattern in one color on my Vibrams, helps make them a little easier to find.

I've got a bag with a fair number of Vibram discs. Since today was my first go, I noticed that the blue hues with specs of color totally blended into all of the grass and wildflowers. Is there a way to say dye grey to white to yellow maybe in an X on top?

The best thing to do would be to just give me all of your Vibram discs. I will conduct further investigation and field testing. Thanks.

I love Vibram discs, but they really need to stop using green. I have seen some that look like a great camo disc and damn near impossible to find even when you are looking right at it. There are some other colors that they could take out as well.

I had a green ascent that I attempted to dye red using the shaving cream method. Result was a Green and Brown disc that was harder to find and looked like sh*t. First round I played with it, I threw it in the brush and never found it.

I love Vibram discs, but they really need to stop using green. I have seen some that look like a great camo disc and damn near impossible to find even when you are looking right at it. There are some other colors that they could take out as well.

I had a green ascent that I attempted to dye red using the shaving cream method. Result was a Green and Brown disc that was harder to find and looked like sh*t. First round I played with it, I threw it in the brush and never found it.

They will probably stop making green discs once people stop buying green discs.

Light brown?! Who the heck thinks light brown is a good disc color? In the dry as a bone Midwest, that brown with little blue and green flecks is perfect camo for Central Texas scrub land. I got lucky once when someone found it in otherwise low sparse grass. I'd literally walked right over one of them.

I'm wondering...when I paint miniatures and prime everything black, I can get to yellow by going grey then white then yellow. I may experiment some with this. Thanks for the advice.

i have a brown and white vibram that i did some sharpie art on. nothing fancy but worked great. playing in the winter in pa with a brown and white sucks but after the sharpie art had no probs finding the disc

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374093136.457132.jpgThis guy was a very dependable disc, but one breezy day I lost it in a rocky gully....was upset, it hurt.

I took this ugly muddy mess that had sat in a pond for about year and gave it a idye bath. She's now a very pretty shade of red(little but darker than the photo shows) that I think I may do a v for vendetta shaving cream overlay with some black rit.

Attachments

• IMG_20130714_121519_320.jpg
    IMG_20130714_121519_320.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20130717_201705_352.jpg
    IMG_20130717_201705_352.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I think Vibram has been doing a much better job as of late making discs in colors that are findable. I have an older Ridge that is literally puke in color. Near impossible to find as it literally blends in with everything. The toughest part about Vibram is that they typically do not have the same shine on them that Campion or Z plastic has. This is really the issue if you ask me, not the color itself.

I think Vibram has been doing a much better job as of late making discs in colors that are findable. I have an older Ridge that is literally puke in color. Near impossible to find as it literally blends in with everything. The toughest part about Vibram is that they typically do not have the same shine on them that Campion or Z plastic has. This is really the issue if you ask me, not the color itself.
Are you referring to their matte-like finish (as compared to the relative reflectivity and sheen of Champ/Z/Opto plastics?

I can see that being a factor, but I also think anything that breaks up the the solid color of a disc can act to camouflage it in a great many situations. Most Vibrams look sweet, and while they aren't quite as bad as tie-dyes, nothing beats solid colors for visibility.

Im about to turn my soft ridge to solid black, just for putts so i should still find it :). Im doing it since the white sucks in dirt a lot and gets a bad look, black is also a good UV blocker so should increase the lifespan of the rubber.

But the question is how should i cover the vibram logo? I have a feeling that a film would bleed the color so im thinking like some silicone that i could peel off after it has dryed and dyed.

Last edited:
Not an expert but, I have read of people masking off areas with rubber cement. Keeps dye out and peels off when done.