• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Medium Magics

aceshyze

Bogey Member
Does anyone know if these are still available? I can't find a place online that has more than 2 in stock. I remember hearing PDGA disallowed medium plastic - does that have anything to do with it?

I'm pretty sure that all Medium plastic discs are not longer PDGA approved. That's why you can't find any anymore unless you get em from a collector or know someone who has em to sell to you. Maybe check over at the marketplace...

I'm pretty sure that all Medium plastic discs are not longer PDGA approved. That's why you can't find any anymore unless you get em from a collector or know someone who has em to sell to you. Maybe check over at the marketplace...

G9i and Medium plastic does not pass the flex standard, and the PDGA asked Gateway to stop producing them (which they did). Their approval was never officially revoked however since it's the mold that's approved, not the plastic.

G9i and Medium plastic does not pass the flex standard, and the PDGA asked Gateway to stop producing them (which they did). Their approval was never officially revoked however since it's the mold that's approved, not the plastic.

I worded my original post badly. I understand that the molds that had discs in medium plastic are still being produced in other plastics. I've never heard of G9i plastic...what is it/was it like?

I worded my original post badly. I understand that the molds that had discs in medium plastic are still being produced in other plastics. I've never heard of G9i plastic...what is it/was it like?

The last set of medium Magics I fondled at my local store felt so nice, I wanted to buy them even though I'm not putting with them.

G9i is Gateway's stiffest plastic blend. Some of them feel like they would just snap in two if you'd try to flex them hard enough. They are very very firm. Great plastic for putting but mine haven't hold they're stability for very long when driving and approaching with them.

G9i is a rerun of one of Gateway's most loved plastics. It's loved because it's extremely firm (not the firmest they've run) and generally molds up super flat. It starts out fairly slick (I have no problem with it) and breaks in to feel about like a nice and firm soft. Quite possibly my favorite plastic.

For the record, my current putting G9i Wizard would absolutely pass the flex test at this point. It took about six months of putting duties for that to happen.