• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mesa, AZ new course The DiscO at Eastmark?

I must have gotten lucky when I played Fountain. While there was quite a bit of pedestrian traffic they seemed to be staying on the sidewalk that loops around the park.

Valid point, and I agree. There's more frequent and frustrating pedestrian traffic at Fountain Hills. We went a few times early in the morning during the summertime when it was much better. This time of year it's pretty crowded at all times. Still a great course and well worth playing.

I've never played it, due to my level of ability. I didn't think I would have fun with all the water...and then you add in the tourists on the fairways and hanging out near the baskets. But now that I've improved a bit, I'm thinking about giving it a try. I may end up skipping holes if there are too many people in the way...I'd rather not hit anyone or spend a lot of time trying to get people to move.

I've never played it, due to my level of ability. I didn't think I would have fun with all the water...and then you add in the tourists on the fairways and hanging out near the baskets. But now that I've improved a bit, I'm thinking about giving it a try. I may end up skipping holes if there are too many people in the way...I'd rather not hit anyone or spend a lot of time trying to get people to move.

I've only been playing since August, and I suspect we have similar skill levels. My best rounds at Vista Camino have been 13 or 14 over. I can push my backhand drives between 250 and 275 feet, and I can get my forehand drives out a bit further. I managed +14 once on 18 holes at Fountain. I've only lost one disc in the water there, and that was a couple of weeks ago on a day with some crazy wind. Threw a roc on some hyzer on hole 2 and the wind pushed it about 40 feet left of where it should have gone. I've dropped a putter in the water on 6, but you can almost always retrieve discs there.

Just make sure you use the recreational tee on hole 1 and play the peninsula holes conservatively and you'll be fine.

I've only been playing since August, and I suspect we have similar skill levels. My best rounds at Vista Camino have been 13 or 14 over. I can push my backhand drives between 250 and 275 feet, and I can get my forehand drives out a bit further. I managed +14 once on 18 holes at Fountain. I've only lost one disc in the water there, and that was a couple of weeks ago on a day with some crazy wind. Threw a roc on some hyzer on hole 2 and the wind pushed it about 40 feet left of where it should have gone. I've dropped a putter in the water on 6, but you can almost always retrieve discs there.

Just make sure you use the recreational tee on hole 1 and play the peninsula holes conservatively and you'll be fine.

I'm also taking "won't miss them if I lose them" discs. Hole 1 will be a tough choice. I definitely won't play the Pro tee, but I play AM60+ in tournaments and that would be the AM tee. So, I have a choice to make: do I try from the tee I would have to use in a tournament, or do I try from the Rec? I might try from the Rec the first time to get my confidence up and then another time from the AM one.

Keep an eye on Spinners On The Green lost and found website. Discs from Fountain and Vista tend to show up there and you might get back the disc you lost.

The three tee pads on hole 1 make it friendly for everyone. I was too chicken to try the far water carry from the long tee but going off the second tee was easy enough and I'm not a big distance guy. My wife went from the third pad and it really doesn't even bring the water into play unless you really choke on the shot.

Played Fountain Hills for the first time. Had a few OBs, got all but one disc back. Shot +26 for the 20 holes. Most of my issues were throwing from the sidewalk teepads. Having to time my walk-ups to gaps in people walking was rough....rushed my throws a couple of times. But I'll play it again.....I did have fun.

Finally played this one yesterday. It's fun. It's almost a mini-golf layout for disc golf. Definitely tests your accuracy though. Quite a few 'island' fairways and greens. Lots of ace runs. It's a fun little course.

Wasn't a fan of this course, to much extra walking and wasted energy. The drive between the 2 nine hole courses was not fun. In the heat it will be brutal.

The uDisc Main Course map for "the discO at Eastmark" isn't correct, is it? It shows multiple fairways go over the houses.

The uDisc Main Course map for "the discO at Eastmark" isn't correct, is it? It shows multiple fairways go over the houses.

No, that isn't right. The lower pars version is right. That main layout with the pars listed is way too generous anyway. Those pars would probably be appropriate for a junior.