• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Met a Pro Today

I was playing at Cliff Stephens and Ken Climo ran over and told me he found a disc and want to know if it was mine (it wasn't).

I was playing seven oaks and Shusterick saw that I had a smaller group than he did so he asked the other guys with him to hold on and he let me play through. He was really kind and treated me as if I deserved to get to play that Hoke as much as him.

I've had incredible interactions with pros. Perks of living in Tampa then Nashville!

I've been at a course in North of Milwaukee 'Tendick park' in Saukville, WI. And Barry Schultz was there. I didn't even know there was a tourney! I showed up with my friend and it was just the end of the event. I ended up getting a couple discs then played afterwards. I think Barry is from Menomonie Falls, WI Which is right by where I grew up. (It borders my city) Also went to the store in St Paul MN where Cale L. (who runs it) was there. One of these days I want to play with people of this caliber to really get a grasp on MY game. Plus just play some good disc and have fun.

I've been at a course in North of Milwaukee 'Tendick park' in Saukville, WI. And Barry Schultz was there. I didn't even know there was a tourney! I showed up with my friend and it was just the end of the event. I ended up getting a couple discs then played afterwards. I think Barry is from Menomonie Falls, WI Which is right by where I grew up. (It borders my city) Also went to the store in St Paul MN where Cale L. (who runs it) was there. One of these days I want to play with people of this caliber to really get a grasp on MY game. Plus just play some good disc and have fun.

Isn't Barry from Sheboygan?

I ran into Cam and Will a couple weeks ago Wednesday at Shelby Forest just as they were finishing up a practice round before A/B doubles mini. There was a big turnout due to a well advertised extra cash on multiple CTPs throughout the original course. Lots of folks were hoping they'd stay, and of course draw them as their "A" partner. Both were very friendly and spoke with all that greeted them as they THANKFULLY got ready to go. I say "thankfully" as no doubt all our CTPs would have been freebee$ for those cool cats. No CTPs for me but my partner and I did take down first cash:D

Barry is from Wisconsin but has lived in the Carolinas the past few years and is seen very often in the Charlotte area. Screamed a hello at him yesterday while I was working in setting up the Winthrop Gold course.

Saw Nikko today. Next week they will ALL be here for USDGC practice. They will be throwing over the worker bees setting up the OBs and other parts of the course; we see them coming but they will usually play around us, respecting the amount of work that goes into prepping the USDGC. What they do not want to see during the tournament is my dreaded red flag on hole 9.

I met Greg Barsby while playing his home course. He jumped in and played a round with my friend and I. Extremely cool guy. Just amazing watching him shed the course and take some local routes. I also met Avery Jenkins while traveling in Denmark this year. Very nice guy. Didn't seem to mind any of the ridiculous questions I was asking him. Both professionals were very approachable and cool. I have had nothing but positive experiences with professionals.

I have a friend who used to have a nice 1970s VW van. He's had at least two, maybe more, world champions share a "peace pipe" (if you will) with him in there.

It's too bad those VW vans didn't run better...

I have enjoyed reading the replies. I also realized along the way the Pro's we enjoy watching are very kind to all of us and I thank them for the stories they helped create. My vacation is over, back to the grind. Additionally, the two cousres I played in Clearwater were Cliff Stephens and Coachman. They are very nice, Coachman forces you to play low on many holes due to the tree cover. Stephens has lots of water, lots of fun, lost only one on 14. I get to play there twice a year and let me thank the local players for keeping up such good courses and treating me and my son very well.

I wonder if anything has changed since this thread started. Can you still walk up to a top pro and play a round? Are they all still friendly and approachable?

I wonder if anything has changed since this thread started. Can you still walk up to a top pro and play a round? Are they all still friendly and approachable?

No we are all a bunch of dicks and *******s :)

I met a pro on the course the other day. She charged me $25 but I definitely played better the rest of the week.

You mean this dude? Yeah, he is a class act and really great guy. That's me after I was a finalist in a putting contest with McBeast.

Looks kinda like Gene Simmons with short hair.

Was he sticking his tongue out, and spitting blood?

Latest posts