• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

You guys can always just shoot up my way to play!
We're still kinda new :)
222808_g.jpg

Hope to have more holes ready by next Saturday July 18th for our tourney!
Mill Creek Classic JULY 18th

222792_g.jpg

222793_g.jpg

222836_g.jpg

222833_g.jpg

Stunning course, well manicured. A challenge for all levels. Michigan players should do themselves a favor and check out this course. Just a great setup for tournaments as well. Kudos, Donny.

Thanks buddy :)
Glad you had a chance to check it out! I'm busting butt to get the rest of the course ready by fall. Bring the gang up with ya when the leaves are changing in early October. It's awesome out here!

222820_g.jpg

222821_g.jpg

222825_g.jpg

222781_g.jpg

222823_g.jpg

Thanks buddy :)
Glad you had a chance to check it out! I'm busting butt to get the rest of the course ready by fall. Bring the gang up with ya when the leaves are changing in early October. It's awesome out here!

I'm taking you up on that, Donny! :hfive: While I'm out that way, I'll try to hit Sage Creek, too!

My brother & I had the pleasure of playing Mill Creek and few months ago - looking forward to playing it again soon (thanks again Donny).

Any one have any info about the new course opening in New Boston or how the plans for the Sterling Hts course is coming along?

My brother & I had the pleasure of playing Mill Creek and few months ago - looking forward to playing it again soon (thanks again Donny).

Any one have any info about the new course opening in New Boston or how the plans for the Sterling Hts course is coming along?

Your welcome buddy!

I haven't heard anything about the Sterling Heights course in a while. I know John has been busy with Stony's expansion and running USADGC and GLO this year.

I hope to start working on the back nine and re-alignment this fall/winter at East China and I think Neil is plotting out Ira's expansion. Josh and Kevin are working with Marysville for a course and Rory has an awesome piece of disc golf land going in at Croswell. 2016 is already looking good!

Exciting news for Grand isle park in Plainfield two.(Grand Rapids). The baskets are in the process of being ordered. Depending upon the amount of rain we get this spring we will have the course set up around June.
It will be a full 18, with a couple par 4 holes. At present it will be only disc golf in the park. The twp. Has plans to add to the park amenities but there is no plan for development at present. The course will be in parts of the park not affected by other activities, except the potential extension of the white pine trail along the rivers edge.

The funding for the course is possible from a donation from the Rotary club in full for the entire cost. Big shout out to them for making this possible.

The park is along the grand river and it has a tendency to flood. So let's all pray for light rains. It is a mostly open park with little elevation. However there are some ponds that will come in to play.

The course designer is Mike Durco.
The course will have new prodigy baskets.
The course will be another nice addition to the north side of Grand Rapids.

Hope this info finds you well this spring!

Same designer as Fallasburg? Nice. Any updates on progress? Any need for volunteers? It's a bit of a drive from the Lowell/Cascade area, but, I'd love to help if needed and would be even more excited to play it! The Arroyo Vortex looks amazing, but, I haven't made it out to Huver Dam to check out Kevin's design.

Cheers.

I'm taking you up on that, Donny! :hfive: While I'm out that way, I'll try to hit Sage Creek, too!

Please let me know when this is happening! :D

Me three, please. Seriously, start thinking about some weekend dates, Bogey. We email both courses and get this thing on the books. I am not available the weekend of Aug 15th. Other than that I am pretty much open.

Same designer as Fallasburg? Nice. Any updates on progress? Any need for volunteers? It's a bit of a drive from the Lowell/Cascade area, but, I'd love to help if needed and would be even more excited to play it! The Arroyo Vortex looks amazing, but, I haven't made it out to Huver Dam to check out Kevin's design.

Cheers.

If you ever go to DiscBaron, or talk to Jake, I know he is helping some, and may have some information.

Meyer Broadway, Three Rivers update. Cement pads are all in, longs and shorts on North, added short cement pads on South/Original. (Hole 5, 7, 10 South and hole 8 North have one pad). Double chains will be added to the South course Discatchers baskets by this weekend.

^Noice! :hfive:

Mushin No Shin and I ran into TimSyl hard at work at MB Original a couple of weeks back. Mowing, true to his word. :) :thmbup: :cool:

The new wooded holes that replace the missing originals are awesome. I don't even mind losing the long mando hole (old #5) because of the wooded elevation that replaced it. The new signs are a HUGE upgrade over the old handmade (but very worn/vandalized) signage.

Can't wait to get back up there and see the new tees! Keep up the good work, sir!

Anybody hear anything on Grizzly Oaks lately? Impact on the course from construction, any plans to re-open, etc?

I'm interested too. I haven't heard anything in a long time. I know that the new stadium that they built definitely wiped out at least a few holes, if not more. If worse comes to worse it could easily still be a 9 holer, but I think that there's still opportunity to redesign and make something out of it. I'm hoping!

Please let me know when this is happening! :D
Me three, please. Seriously, start thinking about some weekend dates, Bogey. We email both courses and get this thing on the books. I am not available the weekend of Aug 15th. Other than that I am pretty much open.

I'll see what I can do gentlemen! I'm thinking some weekend in Sept. Will contact both of you.

Looks like Lake Michigan college (in Benton Harbor) has a disc golf course in the works around the new dorms on campus. Unless things drastically change it's going to be another wide open 200-250' boring 9 holer that's way too close to everything else. Anyone with contacts to LMC are encouraged to contact them in the hopes of avoiding this potential abortion of a course. Tee pads aren't in yet and will be going in this fall so there is hope...

Review, pictures and a map posted for lighthouse christian ministries in Grand Haven... not a bad little ace run course.