• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

I'll throw ya a bone! Independence Lake is approved to add 12 more holes, and we have a tentative layout.. Install date for baskets is probably happening this summer.

Still haven't decided if we want to make two 18s, or just add the new 12 holes as another optional loop. Maybe I'll try to poll for feedback on this at some point. Potential to cause anger and confusion if we split up the existing course.

I'll throw ya a bone! Independence Lake is approved to add 12 more holes, and we have a tentative layout.. Install date for baskets is probably happening this summer.

Still haven't decided if we want to make two 18s, or just add the new 12 holes as another optional loop. Maybe I'll try to poll for feedback on this at some point. Potential to cause anger and confusion if we split up the existing course.

Lol, there will always be a dissenting faction. I love the idea of two 18's. Really breaks up that many holes, give two distinct courses for tournaments and still allows for a quicker play if the courses both loop back around. I think Stony Creek is tremendous as two 18 hole course. This is terrific news, no matter what the eventual layout is. Man, 36 here, in conjunction with Hudson Mills 48 makes for a fantastic destination.

FWIW- I'm in the 2 x 18 hole camp, especially if the new holes don't yield holes and looks that are fairly unique from the existing 24... when you already have 24 holes, playing more holes that feel like the ones you already have just feels repetitive.

Breaking them into two 18's might also enhance the likelihood of the courses having distinctly different, yet complementary personalities... Burchfield Park and Stony Creek being splendid examples of that.

Also, any update on what is/isn't happening with a 2nd course at Rolling Hills? Thought the people at Indy might know something about that.

Last edited:
FWIW- I'm in the 2 x 18 hole camp, especially if the new holes don't yield holes and looks that are fairly unique from the existing 24... when you already have 24 holes, playing more holes that feel like the ones you already have just feels repetitive.

Breaking them into two 18's might also enhance the likelihood of the courses having distinctly different, yet complementary personalities... Burchfield Park and Stony Creek being splendid examples of that.

Also, any update on what is/isn't happening with a 2nd course at Rolling Hills? Thought the people at Indy might know something about that.

Pretty sure I'm in the 2x18 camp at this point. Just a thought.. (not official) but here's what we're thinking..

Course 1: 1,2,(new 12 holes),3,13,14,15
More wooded, in general. Shorter, technical.

Course 2: 16,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,A,B,C,D,E,F,17,18
More open, more sunny.

Both courses have a killer hole #1. If Sunnyside and Darkside weren't already taken they would describe them well.

As for Rolling Hills: Well the nice thing now is that the superintendent of Indy Lake took over for the RH super after he retired, so now the same person is managing both parks. We are in talks on expanding RH, but it is pretty slow going at the moment. There was some question on what land we can use, and the manager is still kind of getting the lay of the land there so to speak. I will post any updates here..

Also regarding RH, I tried to convey that the existing 18 could use a lot of work before we go expanding. There is so much potential to make it really good.

apdrvya, have you (or anyone else, for that matter) heard anything about a course at Gun Lake State Park? It's on the DG Scene, listed as a 9-hole.

Pretty sure I'm in the 2x18 camp at this point. Just a thought.. (not official) but here's what we're thinking..

Course 1: 1,2,(new 12 holes),3,13,14,15
More wooded, in general. Shorter, technical.

Course 2: 16,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,A,B,C,D,E,F,17,18
More open, more sunny.

Both courses have a killer hole #1. If Sunnyside and Darkside weren't already taken they would describe them well.

As for Rolling Hills: Well the nice thing now is that the superintendent of Indy Lake took over for the RH super after he retired, so now the same person is managing both parks. We are in talks on expanding RH, but it is pretty slow going at the moment. There was some question on what land we can use, and the manager is still kind of getting the lay of the land there so to speak. I will post any updates here..

FWIW, I've only played Indy once, but two 18 seems like the best alternative. I took a couple wrong turns along the way when I played it. Another separate 12 hole loop may have made my head explode. Remember the KISS principle.

FWIW, I've only played Indy once, but two 18 seems like the best alternative. I took a couple wrong turns along the way when I played it. Another separate 12 hole loop may have made my head explode. Remember the KISS principle.

Definitely some headway being made out at Indy. Signs of greens and tees being cut out and prepped. Very exciting.

Hey, my West side brethren. Anyone know about the status of Kimball Pines? From the dormant Facebook page, it looks like work was started on a 27 hole dual pad course, last summer.

added two the registry recently:

Reeths Puffer HS (Rocket 3 DGC) North Muskegon and
Eagle Rock DGC (Marquette)

both 9 holers

added Porcupine Mountain Winter Sports Complex-Silver City-18 holes today

also, asked that Norway Mountain be re-listed as their facebook page said they opened the course memorial day weekend

Anyone heard anything new about mott park adding the diac golf course? Last I heard was early this year they announced it was to come "in the future". Flint and the surrounding area could reallllllly use more courses.

Anyone heard anything new about mott park adding the diac golf course? Last I heard was early this year they announced it was to come "in the future". Flint and the surrounding area could reallllllly use more courses.

I haven't heard any updates. It has been talked about "in the future" for at least 3 years now :\

Ionia State Recreation Area put in a 9 hole. Textured concrete tees, chainstars, manicured (albeit tight) fairways, several holes overlooking the lake. Looks pretty nice. I was out there fishing with my father this weekend and noticed a basket right next to the boat launch (hole 2) I only took a minute to check it out, but I made a little map to show the vague area where it starts. I'll try to get out there soon and get some pictures and map it.

ABO3Uvt.jpg

Latest posts