• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Update {12/11/11}-

-----2011 NEW COURSES-----
-The Edge- Scottville {20 Holes}
-Big Bend- White Cloud {18 Holes}
-Burchfield Park- Holt {18 Holes}
-Carly's Playground- Traverse City {18 Holes} [Mt. Holiday Redesign]
-Diggins Hill- Cadillac {18 Holes}
-Marion Twp Park- Howell {18 Holes}
-Ogemaw Hills- West Branch {18 Holes}
-Superior Pines- Grand Marais {18 Holes}
-Hanson Hills (Short Course)- Grayling {9 Holes}
-Lake Linden-Hubbell DGC- Lake Linden {9 Holes}
-MCTI DGC- Plainwell {9 Holes} [Private]
-Rosewood Park DGC- Jenison {9 Holes}
-Taymouth Park- Burt {9 Holes}

-----PENDING COURSES-------
-Belle Isle DGC- Detroit {24 Holes}
-Mt. McSauba- Charlevoix {19 Holes}
-Clear Lake State Park- Atlanta {18 Holes}
-Turbine Pines- Mackinaw City {18 Holes}
-Wickes Park- Saginaw {18 Holes}
-BC State Rec Area- Bay City {9 Holes}
-Bertha Brock- Ionia {9 Holes}
-Flaherty Park- Watervliet {9 Holes}
-Ira Township Park- {9 Holes}

-----{If anyone has additional info that should be added to the list, please let me know.}-----

-----{If anyone has additional info that should be added to the list, please let me know.}-----

Last edited:
Man....only one close to me seems to be Rosewood in Jenison? Going to have to check it out eventually now.

I believe there will also be a new layout (including a handicapped-accessible 6 hole loop) developed in the Brighton St. Rec. area in the not-too-distant future.

Brighton Course - Help Needed

Reposting this here, work day coming up this weekend:

A3disc will be working with the State of Michigan to bring yet another course into our area.
Brighton Recreation Area! we have been given 200 acres a lot of which is in lakes but more then enough for a 24 hole course.

The first work day will be March 10, 2012 weather permitting. if you are willing to help with ground clearing on that date please respond to William Gilbert with your name and phone number please. The reason for requesting your phone number is in case the first work day is postponed.
We have been approved at the moment to use hand tools and they will be bringing the brush hog and/or bulldozer for the heavy clearing.
We will probably be approved to use power tools but not as of this moment.

We are really looking for a really good size crew to help make a good impression at the park.

The park is looking for at least 9 holes to be playable by June 1st but if we can get enough workers we will get all 24 + holes ready to play by June 1st. There will actually be 30 holes in total plus a practice basket as well. They have to supply a certain % of holes to be handicap accessable so they are planning 6 extra short holes for that purpose.

Thanks everyone.
William Gilbert
[email protected]
or call 734 649 8220

Here's an update of the courses I'm working on...
St. Clair County, MI ~UPDATES~

Ira Twp ~ 9 Holes/Baskets + 1 Practice Basket. Work to finish the course begins in April for May 2012 opening.

East China Twp ~ 18 Holes/Baskets. Finalizing 18-hole design for course work/install Spring 2012.

Columbus County Park ~ 9-18 Holes/Baskets. Designing in progress. No date set for install until design approved.

Baker's Field Park ~ 9-18 Holes/Baskets. Designing in progress. No date set for install.

Tomahawk Park (Private) ~ 18 Holes/Baskets. Design adjustments in progress. 90% paths cleared, 10 Baskets complete. Course due to open, June 2012.

I also checked out a few potential parks in the county for future courses in 2013. Some have great potential but the rest might be too small. IMHO, the best potential is in the state rec areas or select city/township parks.

I'm really trying to get the St. Clair County area going with the current projects before I dive into more. Future considerations will be made from the success of the courses in progress.

Thanks for helping to get new courses built and for keeping us updated Donny! :thmbup:

I live all the way at the other end of town, but I'd still make a trip out there to play a new/different course. I even know someone who plays that lives out that way (Marine City).

I noticed only 2 people have done so since I did over two weeks ago. I know e-sigs don't turn into dollars, but it couldn't hurt to show a larger base of interest.

^^^^Thanks for the encouragement.

There is potential for courses almost anywhere. I've been looking through some gov websites to get info/mapping/gps on many properties and who owns them. Along with google earth and bing maps, you can filter through potential areas for courses without running all over town and making a ton of calls looking for info. It saves a large amount of precious time, which is of course money saved.

Looks like 2013 will be a busy one too...

Who wants to help me get a course in Windsor, Ontario? It would be just across the bridge from Detroit. I have a park picked out that would be perfect for disc golf..

Who wants to help me get a course in Windsor, Ontario? It would be just across the bridge from Detroit. I have a park picked out that would be perfect for disc golf..

We are working on one just across that bridge.

We are working on one just across that bridge.

Yes Yes, I am also involved in that one.. :thmbup:
Why not two :rolleyes:

I work normal business hours M-F until 5PM'is, so I can't attend meetings in Windsor with any regularity, but I'd be more than happy to help out in any other way. Obviously a long ways from physical labor such as digging holes to install baskets, signs or anything like that, but I wouldn't mind that at all, even if it means I have to cross border and pay bridge toll. Feel free to PM me when the time's right, and we can exchange ph #'s to discuss.

Might help to have a few tourneys to raise money for the course (ala Belle Isle Tourney, but maybe at an existing course like hudson Mills, or Indy Lake).

FWIW, played heritage park in grandville, cute little 9-hole (eagle scout project)...
tried to play rosewood in jenison, but the baskets were pulled ( for the winter?) as it's a massive bowl for sledding (I"m assuming)

More info on course work day this Saturday the 10th, at Brighton Rec.

"work day at the new 30 hole brighton recreation course is saturday at 9am till ????
north side of chilson road like 3.8 miles off of m36. call me if you need directions i work 2-10 friday so i may not be able to answer but will call back as soon as i can.
734 649 8220. please help us make this course great we need you to make it happen. I leave for work at 1 pm
we will be ground clearing the front 9 mostly as they are marked off and ready to go the park has begun brush hogging and cannot bring out the bulldozer yet.
bring hand tools and tree loppers, we have been approved to use battery operated sawzalls as well.
wear heavy pants and heavy gloves as it is very picker filled."

A course opening in Ira township? That's awesome! I used to live in Ira, it's still not too far from my current home. Whereabouts is the course being built? I'll be interested in checking it out when it's ready to play! Its also cool that they're getting one out in East China, that one will also be on on my list of courses to play...

Latest posts