• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mid-Atlantic Meetings

how far in advance am i able to rsvp the barn?

Aight folks. what we wanna do as far as format....

Friday will still be:
Day - Come as you will, do as you want.
Night - Tiki at the grange.

Saturday -- last year we did a morning singles round, where scores determined afternoon doubles team. I've had some positive feedback about this since last year's event. But also some negative. It's open for debate.

And Sunday we did two (maybe three) rounds of random doubles. Random's cool... but maybe get some more structure somehow.

I think we should do a couple Ring of Fire's this year, and a driving competition... who can outdrive Kachtz's drive with an Aerobe Arrow.

Tiki at blockhouse seems great and everyone had a blast last year.

I'll try and get some practice on sunnyside (and darkside and tiki) during the day to help learn the course for tiki. it was a little tough playing glo not knowing the course well. we also have to let whomever runs it that many out of towners are playing

Saturday - morning singles with ctps for everyhole, and scores making doubles teams.

I think this did work great. I would suggest having best shot doubles though. this would allow me to remain the aggregate score double champ forever instead of defending the title. this would have lesser people not have to be punished a second time by such a tough challenging course. my .02.

sunday I played the first round of random draw doubles. beables and i had a good time (which could've gone bad with the knob hill overrated debate). i think maybe an A, B, and C pool would have helped avoid having golfinbob and katchz teamed up. we ended up redrawing to correct that so no harm no foul.

ring(s) of fire and other putting games should be done, as well as general tailgate games.

On the sight her it show the courses as RIP. That should be updated. The TOO Many Days in May is coming up and as far as I know the courses are open to play again.

Disc Dog, the name has changed from The Grange to the Blockhouse (legal reasons). Because of the name change, The Grange is now tombstoned. The blockhouse should be added... if it isn't already.

ok.. to give some status... expect the official 2011 meet-up thread to launch memorial day weekend when i have some time to get creative.

Thanks, I been waiting. OOPS, I see the set is set in your sig. Qct 1-2. Now I can plan some other trips up to the great white north before the cold sets in.

Last edited:
Memorial Day has come and gone, are you getting really creative?

Memorial Day has come and gone, are you getting really creative?

he is busy in the sexy women thread. but I can update somethings

1. We are deliberating on the food. We have to discuss if we want to BYO food to keep the cost down
2. Prizes, we need um, but we have some interesting ideas for a few.
3. Activities: It will be very similar to last year, but we will add a Ring of Fire putting contest (not sure if we will let Hysell play :))
4. Shirts: still being discussed.
5. Cost: depends on all of the other decisions.

Just made some new additions over there in that thread.

Thanks, Prerube, for providing the update. I will have the official thread open this weekend.

But yeah... I'm think'n bout getting Crafty Scientist reusable scorecards made up. These are cheap and worth every penny.

We will have event specific shirts this year.

Custom Discs are still up in the air. I would do a bulk order of them if the stamp is not specific to the year so any extras can be used next year and so on... but that's still a lot of cash up front for our little event.

Food is big question mark. Ray could very likely win virginia chef of the decade, but the major complaint from those who decided to not come last year was cost. And i think if we throw a Shirt, Disc, and sweetass scorecard out as a player pack, the $20 would seem like a steel... just bring your own food on your own budget.

I'm fairly certain ray doesn't want to do a pay-per-plate thing either, unless we get a massive turnout.

Events will be like last year.

Friday Night Tiki & Glow at the Grange (Pending course availability).

Saturday will be morning singles and afternoon combined-score doubles with partners based on singles results. Followed by free time in the afternoon (do whatever ya want, like go to the grange).

Sunday will be doubles of some sort. Instead of back to back rounds of random partners, i'd like to figure out a better way of making things more competitive. Any ideas???

FIXED - Friday Night Tiki & Glow at the Blockhouse (Pending course availability).

Couple last minute toughts. The food was good and it was nice to not have to think about food so I would probably pay for it for that reason, but as a large group thing I don't think there was really enough of us. I liked singles and doubles(if you have a partner) but maybe we can mix in another option like Tombstone(maybe just 9 holes), worst Shot could even me fun on 9 holes. I'm in regardless but 20 bucks for a shirt/disc/scorecard sounds good to me.

Latest posts