• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mid-Coast Maine 10/9 to 10/11

Camgolfer

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Please suggest a good course to pay next week. I will be staying in Southport, ME, but I can travel around 30-40 minutes for a good course as long as it is near something the wife would enjoy doing as she doesn't play.

I see Enman Field, Basket case links, Ackers acres and Sabatus. Are any of these worth my time? I'd be willing to meet up with someone too.

Thanks,

Camden

If I'm anywhere close to Maine again, I'm going back to Sabattus, this DG complex is one of the best that I have seen. Two world class coures and more!

Actually, I would suggest Ackers over Sabattus... and i'm a local.

Late reply but if you are ever around again, Must play courses in my book would be:

SDG(Sabattus):thmbup:
Quarry Run (Augusta):thmbup:
Porcupine Ridge(Augusta):thmbup:
Dragan Field(Lewiston):thmbup:

in that order.

Wouldn't say I am a big Ackers fan and deff. Don't waste your money on Beaver Brook:thmbdown:. 6 bucks all day and they do absolutely no Maintenance and the baskets there are the original ones Steady Ed designed, The big bummer is all the campers flipping over the picnic tables and breaking glass bottles all over the course. Porcupine is a new course and is pretty challenging and well put together. But I could really go on and on ha.