• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] "Midnight Flyer" Glow Squall!

I got one of these Midnight Flyer Squalls, and have to say that it glows for what seems like forever. I have it on the wall because I don't really have any intention of throwing it right now. I woke up at like 4 in the morning one day and it was still glowing brightly after about 6 hours. I was pretty impressed :clap:

Got one. Bright and long lasting. Much brighter than my Glow Tow, and it really does glow for 8 hours. The Squall is a perfect glow round disc, too. Just talking about it makes me wanna charge it up and throw.

Got one. Bright and long lasting. Much brighter than my Glow Tow, and it really does glow for 8 hours. The Squall is a perfect glow round disc, too. Just talking about it makes me wanna charge it up and throw.
Nice! I saw these at the store and they were tempting. If they glow very well then I might have to get one.

Nice! I saw these at the store and they were tempting. If they glow very well then I might have to get one.

They glow like crazy. I have one on the desk in my bedroom and if it is sitting in the light long enough than it will still be glowing if I wake up in the middle of the night at like 3 AM. I was amazed the first time it happened.

They definetly made a great glow formula. I hope they figure out I want the whole set. Here's my wish list:
2 - Breaker
3 - Aftershock
4 - Undertow (brighter glow would be sweet)
5 - Tsunami
6 - Hurricane
7 - Torrent?
I want a putter, too, but Glow Titanic might be too wishful. Glow Reef however.....

I doubt this will ever happen, but I think DGA picked the perfect anniversary glow disc mold. I do anticipate DGA will release more glow tourney discs, though.

They glow like crazy. I have one on the desk in my bedroom and if it is sitting in the light long enough than it will still be glowing if I wake up in the middle of the night at like 3 AM. I was amazed the first time it happened.

While getting a glimpse into your boudoir relationship with the Glow Squall is titillating, I must ask, how does it fly? :)

Who cares; It glows!

I'll admit, I haven't thrown it yet. I have a SP in the same weight. I'll field test later today and report back.

Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, "Why did they believe me?" - Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

I just got back from my Squall test session. It was windy, and I'm terrible at throwing back to back consistently. Probably cuz I get in a rush to throw the second...or I'm bad and use rushing as my excuse.

Anyway, I have a 173g SP Squall I'd put at 8.5/10. No real nicks, but flashing smoothed away. I recently threw a whole round with just this Squall, and shot better than the full bag round I had just finished before making the one disc decision. This was what ultimately inspired the Glow Squall purchase.

Compared with the SP, the Glow Squall is just the slightest bit more grippy, and I mean barely noticeable. When I wipe my thumb across the top, the Glow plastic isn't quite as slick, and I've pot scrubbed the SP w/ baking soda, not the Glow.

The Glow Squall is also 173g, but seemed to go further. I think it was a mix of the new OS and the psychological effect. I also have a (psychologically manifested) sense there's a touch more glide in these MFers.

All in all, these Midnight Flyers are basically identical to their SP counterparts. In my opinion, if you don't plan on throwing glow rounds, stick with the Squalls you have. But, if you want a badass MFer, you won't be disappointed.