• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mids forehand?

I don't throw a Buzzz but it is a great FH disc, used to use it for that. I throw my rocs every now and then FH though.

I have played with a Roc a few times FH as well. It is a bit less forgiving than a buzzz. It also flys like a worn Buzzz IMO, just a bit less stable.I haven't thrown many Roc's and I know some are very OS so maybe it was just the 12x I was throwing. I just like the feel of the buzzz a bit better and the fact that they are way cheaper for the most part. Old rocs are really spendy and I don't really like new champ or DX plastic.

I think a Roc is a good option though if you like the way they feel in your hand.

The Buzzz also comes in every plastic Discraft makes so that is really nice.

I had this discussion with the best flicker in my League and got him on a Star Whippet, which are being sold at Innova Factory Store now. Now he won't throw anything else!

To me, Whippet and Gator are must-haves for midrange/approach FH game. Especially if you release flat-to-anny like I do on a flick. They always come back.

I know a lot of people say a Drone is a good option but they always fly like hot crap compared to the Whippet/Gator for me personally.

But we are probably just torque monkeys.

Last edited:
I don't really need another mold but I might have to try a Whip...

I have played with a Roc a few times FH as well. It is a bit less forgiving than a buzzz. It also flys like a worn Buzzz IMO, just a bit less stable.I haven't thrown many Roc's and I know some are very OS so maybe it was just the 12x I was throwing. I just like the feel of the buzzz a bit better and the fact that they are way cheaper for the most part. Old rocs are really spendy and I don't really like new champ or DX plastic.

I think a Roc is a good option though if you like the way they feel in your hand.

The Buzzz also comes in every plastic Discraft makes so that is really nice.

I don't throw the roc that often FH, I would throw the Buzzz pretty often FH if I threw it BH like I do the roc. I throw mostly understable/stable plastic on flicks though, OLS,Squalls, supersupersuper beat to crap star destroyer and an FL is the most overstable. Definitely the strong suit of my game, love throwing trick shots with magics.

Yeah I throw XD's FH really well... very understable, underrated disc.

I typically throw Z or ESP Zones FH on short holes. Yesterday I threw a meteor a few times and it was easy to throw. So easy I got my 1st ace of the year on a straight 200ft hole.

i don't throw an xd. That was just a stupid face thing that i have picked up as a bad habit when typing. I never really liked the drone. Thought about maybe a cro? I like the feel of small diameter mids. The pain seems like it might be worth a shot too. I am definately a torque monkey at times. Any other small diameter mids in the neutral/slightly stable area?

Try and find a flat Buzzz maybe just a bit heavier than what you throw most of the time to start with. I like Elite X plastic and Z. I used to throw ESP but it is not as stable IMO.

This is what I was going to say, except that my FLAT ESP Buzzz is the beefiest one I own, and it's money for FH.

(when i don't OAT the hell out of it)

i don't throw an xd. That was just a stupid face thing that i have picked up as a bad habit when typing. I never really liked the drone. Thought about maybe a cro? I like the feel of small diameter mids. The pain seems like it might be worth a shot too. I am definately a torque monkey at times. Any other small diameter mids in the neutral/slightly stable area?

A spider fits that description, methinks.

I've been throwing a Glo Z Buzzz for my midrange flicks.

FLX Buzzz and FLX Drone. The kicker though... I can't take an approach, I always flip my mids over, but if I square up with the front of the box and forehand it, I can get 250-300 no problem. Love the Ibex too but I have to use it more for low power touch shots.

Seems like you should probably learn to throw understable, stable, and overstable mids. I carry a Meteor, Buzzz, and Drone, but really there are many discs that will fill each of those roles. Practice throwing them on different angles and at different power levels.

You really do need to work on slowing down and smoothing out your forehand before you can add explosiveness into your technique. It's amazing how far neutral discs will glide if you give them the chance.

I actually found the XL and XS to be most forgiving with learning a forehand myself. They may not be true mids, but they fly like them, despite their shape.