• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] millennium is not innova?

jermlac

Bogey Member
the first disc i purchased was a millennium super soft omega so that i could borrow a friends drivers and throw my own putter. i noticed the bottom of the disc is stamped innova but wikipedia and the millennium websites say the company is owned by pro disc golf players and based out of austin, tx. so maybe innova just stamps the discs from the millennium mold and plastic supply?

Millennium was a mid 90's partnership between John Houck and Harold Duvall. Basically nobody thought cheap disc golfers would pay extra for better plastic, but John and Harold did and started Millennium. When all other discs were made of base plastic and sold for $7, Millennium discs were made from the equivalent of today's Pro plastic and sold for $10. It worked, and pretty soon Discraft and Innova had their own premium plastic lines.

Harold Duvall is one of the Innova partners, so the idea was never for Millennium to mold their own discs. The original discs were the Omega (made from the small bead Aviar mold) the Aurora MS (Shark top on a Stingray bevel) and the Tachyon LS & LF (made from Raven and Viper mold pieces.) All of their discs have been made by Innova and shared various mold pieces with other Innova discs.

A few years back Harold Duvall left the company, so now it is 100% Houck's company. Innova still makes all of their discs.

Millennium was a mid 90's partnership between John Houck and Harold Duvall. Basically nobody thought cheap disc golfers would pay extra for better plastic, but John and Harold did and started Millennium. When all other discs were made of base plastic and sold for $7, Millennium discs were made from the equivalent of today's Pro plastic and sold for $10. It worked, and pretty soon Discraft and Innova had their own premium plastic lines.

Harold Duvall is one of the Innova partners, so the idea was never for Millennium to mold their own discs. The original discs were the Omega (made from the small bead Aviar mold) the Aurora MS (Shark top on a Stingray bevel) and the Tachyon LS & LF (made from Raven and Viper mold pieces.) All of their discs have been made by Innova and shared various mold pieces with other Innova discs.

A few years back Harold Duvall left the company, so now it is 100% Houck's company. Innova still makes all of their discs.

Seriously Three Putt, how do you know all this stuff?

yeah, you should put all of this knowledge into wikipedia. :thmbup:

If you guys want old dg stories, just pick up a 30pack of bush light, go to your oldest course from the late 70's/early 80's, and put a sign up: free busch light for dg stories:)

Seriously Three Putt, how do you know all this stuff?
Houck got bored and spent a 1/2 hour trying to teach me to jam in the PDGA booth at the National Recreation and Parks Association conference in Kansas City in 1996. I had run World's Biggest events and had decent 100+ turnouts, so Houck recognized me by name. The Polaris was pretty new and I wasn't selling any Millennium discs in my pro shop, so in between my failed attempts at completing any freestyle moves he gave me the Millennium philosophy and talked me into stocking his discs. I'm glad he did; the Polaris LS and Omega SS sold like hotcakes.

Most of the other stuff I know I heard from guys drinking Busch beer at a pitch and putt, but I had an actual source for this information.

Is bush the official beer of dg?

no, it depends on the age

kids - whatever they can get their hands on
twentysomethings - bud light
thirtysomethings - seems to be bud select or ultra or some other 'lighter' equivalent
40's and up? yeah, busch

no, it depends on the age

kids - whatever they can get their hands on
twentysomethings - bud light
thirtysomethings - seems to be bud select or ultra or some other 'lighter' equivalent
40's and up? yeah, busch
Anyone 20-35 living near Milwaukee - Pabst Blue Ribbon and various microbrews for change of pace.

The day our DGCR world would be without Three Putt will be one of sadest days ever. I love learning all the cool stuff he has to say! Thanks bro!

I think Busch should try and sponsor some disc golf events.

Latest posts