• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minnesota Majestic

When courses have more than 18 holes, the SSA gets adjusted to an 18-hole equivalent SSA, in this case about 56. This would move that 1087 into contention for a best rated round among 54-60 SSA range courses where 1095 is currently the 10th best round. He missed the top 10 by 2-throws.

Note: Hot tournament scores on courses with less than 18 holes are not used in the "best ever" rankings.

Wow, so it takes a -19 on a 22 hole layout to make the top 10. Crazy. Thanks Chuck!

Follow-up question: If Napier shoots a 62 (-11), would it affect Sexton's round rating at all?

Follow-up question: If Napier shoots a 62 (-11), would it affect Sexton's round rating at all?

Minutely. Not enough that it would really change anything at all. We're talking about a field of 175 players, all of which appear to be propagators. Each player accounts for about 0.57% of the input into the calculation. We're talking fractions of a fraction of a point one way or the other.

Minutely. Not enough that it would really change anything at all. We're talking about a field of 175 players, all of which appear to be propagators. Each player accounts for about 0.57% of the input into the calculation. We're talking fractions of a fraction of a point one way or the other.

Good to know, thank you :thmbup:

Unless the weather is different in one of these rounds, scores from all three rounds will be combined so that everyone gets the same official rating for the same score. So at this point, we don't know what Sexton's official round rating will end up, but I expect it will be close to 1087 because the field was already statistically large for yesterday's single round. The score for one player shooting especially hot gets eaten up in the large numbers playing to have less than half a rating point impact.

Remember that "under par" values can be deceptive when it's not accurate. For example, there are likely one or two par 2s on that BRP layout and maybe one or two par 4s really play as tough par 3s at least for gold level players. True par was also a few shots lower when Paul shot the record 1132 round on Fountain Hills where the SSA was about 52 and I think the course par was set at 56.

Unless the weather is different in one of these rounds, scores from all three rounds will be combined so that everyone gets the same official rating for the same score. So at this point, we don't know what Sexton's official round rating will end up, but I expect it will be close to 1087 because the field was already statistically large for yesterday's single round. The score for one player shooting especially hot gets eaten up in the large numbers playing to have less than half a rating point impact.

Remember that "under par" values can be deceptive when it's not accurate. For example, there are likely one or two par 2s on that BRP layout and maybe one or two par 4s really play as tough par 3s at least for gold level players. True par was also a few shots lower when Paul shot the record 1132 round on Fountain Hills where the SSA was about 52 and I think the course par was set at 56.

I don't understand most of that, but I do appreciate the insight :clap:

cmon guys...where's the screen overlays showing hole, distance and par? At the least...zoom into the tee sign before each group tees off.

You guys mention Uli's hair, how about Steve Dodge's hair during that Sun King commercial? Is it too soon to get some hair and makeup on these guys before the cameras start rolling?

Just came to ask this. JT said a fan intentionally distracted Sexton, resulting in a double bogey. What happened?!?!

Apparantly nate's drive hit a tree and then a spectator yelled "course is too soft my ass!" And then nate walked back and asked who said that and the guy honed up. Pretty sure he was kicked out. The guy was reffering to Nate's post round interview yesterday where he said he really likes the course but in the future they could toughen it up because its a little soft if he shot the 17 under.

cmon guys...where's the screen overlays showing hole, distance and par? At the least...zoom into the tee sign before each group tees off.

Totally on point. It was a place we lacked for sure. When I have access to 3 cameras and lower thirds for every player, and getting sent new vids, I need to get those in more often.

We just need more backups! Hahaha.

Apparantly nate's drive hit a tree and then a spectator yelled "course is too soft my ass!" And then nate walked back and asked who said that and the guy honed up. Pretty sure he was kicked out. The guy was reffering to Nate's post round interview yesterday where he said he really likes the course but in the future they could toughen it up because its a little soft if he shot the 17 under.

Who heckles one of the nicest guys on tour? Seriously lame. From the interview at the end of the round it sounds like it really got to him.

Who heckles one of the nicest guys on tour? Seriously lame. From the interview at the end of the round it sounds like it really got to him.

Yeah, Nate really is a great guy. And he worded his constructive critique very respectfully so I can only think the heckler was a really butt hurt local.

Thanks!

A couple things. A) That hardly seems like something to get upset over, and certainly not worth being kicked out, if that is in fact how it played out. B) Unless I misheard, JT said that a spectator caused Nate to Double Bogey a hole. Did he just misspeak, or did the guy yell WHILE he was throwing, or do anything else to obstruct Nate?

Latest posts