• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Missed ace commiseration thread

Hit my first ace* in 8 years tonight. Oh look it has an * by it. I wonder why. Oh that's because I made the first mando only to miss the second tree mando by a few inches as my brand new felon skipped nicely up into the basket. Oh this one was brutal. Another almost. One day this will end. I still blame my friend. He's played for 12 years like me and still hasn't hit. I told him I have been curse by him. I won't be able to hit one until he does apparently.
For any confusion. Yes. It did go in. Just didn't count.

I would cry

ooo...that one's a heartbreaker. just to know you missed the mando and watch it the entire way after, all the way to the basket and know it means nothing . . . that's salty, bro.

i chained out with my polecat tonight at kaposia, hole 18 on the 18 hole layout.

Hit my first ace* in 8 years tonight. Oh look it has an * by it. I wonder why. Oh that's because I made the first mando only to miss the second tree mando by a few inches as my brand new felon skipped nicely up into the basket. Oh this one was brutal. Another almost. One day this will end. I still blame my friend. He's played for 12 years like me and still hasn't hit. I told him I have been curse by him. I won't be able to hit one until he does apparently.

nooo :(

So slept on it thinking I would feel better about it today. Nope still hurts. Guess I'll just wait another 8 years for a chance. :(

This had to be in Crowley! Lol. Trever Lott was telling me about it. I think ive played a few tournaments with you!

I've had 2 bad misses this year. 1 the hit chains and fell out from anhyzer, and another today hit pole with too much speed and fell out.

Hole 14 at Art Dye is a long downhill shot to the left.
I have hit metal with my Thunderbird 9 times in the last 2 months. I do the same shot everytime. Its usually an easy birdie. But it should be an Ace atleast once right now. 9 times I've heard metal/chains, only to find my disc right next to the basket!

Last week stepped up to hole #1, no warmup, 240' right up the middle through trees. Blasted the chains dead center with a Wizard, somehow it flew a good 15 feet past the basket after making it through. Unreal to start a round like that.

Skipped a flat fade off the top of the basket on a slightly uphill 277' shot (across a river and over shule). 3" down and it's in. Brand new hole on a redesigned 18 hole course a half block from my house...probably would have been the first ace on the hole, ever. Stupid thing.

Clanked the top plate of the old DGA basket on hole one at Williamsburg today with a fading Verdict. Nice way to start a round: you know you're on line when you hit dead center and less than 6" too high. Finished with a 50 (minus 7), only one off my personal best there.
7e869312.jpg

Sent an Orc on a flick anny route to a basket guarded by two crape myrtles. Orc dove down and was headed over the basket and past probably 30 feet had it not been for one lonely branch which dropped the Orc within inches of the basket. Two guys watched it go down from 15 feet away. Almost earned 10$ with the 5-1 club :/

Last edited:
I've been shooting at my local short course, 100-160 feet, all 9 baskets. I must've have hit the tops a gazillion times. Not enough umph and hit the basket or pole below it a gazillion more times. I would take the even shorter ace distance just to get one under my belt.

Kissed the chains with an Elite Z Buzz on the short hole 9 at Hazel Landing yesterday! It's a really short hole!

LOL, now I remember why I don't visit the forums. Bunch of guys bragging about that almost ace ��

Got up to throw after sitting around at the teepad for awhile BSing, Threw a S-line FD on a turnover shot, smacked into the number plate on top, would have been dead center chains. I was pretty amped up. The hole was about 260ft

smashed the top square of a basket at BRP today during cali with my seasoned kc roc. direct hit, sliiiightly right of center in the pocket like a bowling ball on a mild finishing fade.

don't know what hole it is; it's the hole directly before the hole with the circular teepad and the water hazard.

smashed the top square of a basket at BRP today during cali with my seasoned kc roc. direct hit, sliiiightly right of center in the pocket like a bowling ball on a mild finishing fade.

don't know what hole it is; it's the hole directly before the hole with the circular teepad and the water hazard.

21 I think!

Latest posts