• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Monthly Disc Golf Subscriptions

I fly with a guy that does this and it kinda sounds fun. His is only $24/ month. If you think about it, decent plastic costs almost $20 already. That being said, he also gets discs that have Not been released and prototypes sometimes. Oh and you can choose your stability preference, so its not like you're just getting random discs you would never attempt to throw. Do your research y'all.

I fly with a guy that does this and it kinda sounds fun. His is only $24/ month. If you think about it, decent plastic costs almost $20 already. That being said, he also gets discs that have Not been released and prototypes sometimes. Oh and you can choose your stability preference, so its not like you're just getting random discs you would never attempt to throw. Do your research y'all.
If anyone is paying nearly $20 for decent plastic, their shopping skills leave a lot to be desired.

$24/month equals $288/year. That's a lot of scratch to be spending on mystery items. I'd rather use it for exactly what I need, and buy it exactly when I need it.

Yeah, that's more than I pay on average to get exactly what I want.

I was curious about one of these and the cost $200+, is more than I am willing to go personally.

I usually place 2/3 orders of $55ish per year and then spend another $50 or so on discs in shops. So for me to get exactly what I want for $200ish vs $200-300 on very cool but potentially not useful things is tough to justify.

If anyone is paying nearly $20 for decent plastic, their shopping skills leave a lot to be desired.

$24/month equals $288/year. That's a lot of scratch to be spending on mystery items. I'd rather use it for exactly what I need, and buy it exactly when I need it.

The funny thing is, you sound like a guy who this mystery box thing is not aimed at - you know what you like, you're shrewd and frugal, and you would rather not dabble in this nonsense when your favorite molds in your favorite plastic at your favorite weight range are available at the click of a mouse or a trip to the local shop.

Some people are into the mystique of the whole thing I guess. Personally a monthly box sounds as exciting as waiting for the new edition of Nintendo Power back in the day... what a great way to recapture that anticipation.

Plus, didn't they throw a glow CFD in the last box? I've seen [W] posts for those all over; that month's box probably paid for itself.

Latest posts