• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most discs lost in one session?

At $10 - $20 per disc losing discs gets expensive fast! Is there any other sport where you can lose $60 worth of gear in under 5 minutes?

My wife likes to remind me that I'm not paying outrageous greens fees at a ball golf course so I should take it all in stride. I don't know....I really liked some of those discs.

Not sure about losing, but there are plenty of sports where you can break a whole lot more equipment than $10-50.....that is one way of losing it I suppose. And, of course there are lots of sports that you can run up huge medical bills quickly.

yeah when i was playing ball golf i let a friend test out a Callaway driver of mine.. and snap.. the head of the club went further then the ball... $300 down the drain in a hury... he did get it re-shafted for me tho just took a while

about 3 months after I started I threw back to back DX gazelles in the pond at shumaker off hole 4. Got them both back from the beast since then.

I used to kite board and that gets pretty expensive breaking stuff. Lost a board to the gulf of Mexico. Like $550 with the bindings. New lines like $100.....
The no greens fees does make a huge difference especially as much as I play.

At $10 - $20 per disc losing discs gets expensive fast! Is there any other sport where you can lose $60 worth of gear in under 5 minutes?

My wife likes to remind me that I'm not paying outrageous greens fees at a ball golf course so I should take it all in stride. I don't know....I really liked some of those discs.

I had a nice leather basketball stolen from sideline of the gym during a pickup game, that easily topped $60.

Had mice chew up a backpack really bad while I was asleep in a shelter on the Appalachian Trail. Replacing a backpack can cost a few hundred.

I'm not a cyclist but I can definitely imagine costly repairs coming out of a bike crash, especially for people who ride really expensive bikes at high speeds.

Disc golf is about the cheapest sport I have ever done. Gas money is my biggest expense!

After not losing a disc in almost 2 years, I lost 4 discs in one doubles round @ F. Burton Smith Park in Cocoa, FL including my first ever ace disc (pink star destroyer). The funny thing was that none of the discs were lost on the signature water hole over the lake (#6).

Mostly the cabbage palms ate them. I hate those trees, and the worst thing about them is that it can sometimes be impossible to see your disc from the ground, even when you know what tree it hit. I poked and prodded with a retrieval pole on all the trees but only got 1 of 4 back that day. Another one was found by someone else and I got it back a couple weeks later.

Unfortunately, I didn't get back my favorite disc, only the discs I could have cared less about. My first ace disc seemed to have mysteriously disappeared. I never throw it on risky holes so I never even thought it was possible to lose it on this particular hole (hole 12).

The fairway of hole 12 is only about 30 feet wide and very thick brush on both sides and some patches of cabbage palm trees on the left side of fairway about halfway down and then another patch further down before the sharp turn to the basket. It went to the left of the first set of cabbage palm trees and then we never saw it cross back over the fairway like it should have. We all assumed it got stuck in another cabbage palm that was further down but we never heard it make the usual cabbage palm noise, nor did we find it after looking for awhile. It was heart breaking. I drove 40 mins out to that park 2 more times that week JUST to look for that one disc. Probably spent 2+ hrs total looking for it. I get mad just thinking about it.

I even posted a $60 reward to the few regulars that I knew out there. So far it's been almost 3 months and no call back yet. :(