• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

most forgiving disc for bad form?

todd92371

Just curious.
What is the most forgiving disc for bad form and habits? I don't want something to mask bad habits. But, I'm just interested.

Thanks.

Just curious.
What is the most forgiving disc for bad form and habits? I don't want something to mask bad habits.

So what exactly does a disc do that is forgiving, but does not mask? Because most of the time when people speak of "forgiving" discs, they mean exactly that. A disc that masks your bad throws.

Just curious.
What is the most forgiving disc for bad form and habits? I don't want something to mask bad habits. But, I'm just interested.

Thanks.

If you torque the disc too much, an overstable disc will usually come back close to center. If your bad form results in a noob-hyzer, an overstable disc will just make it worse. There are many kinds of bad form.

Can't go wrong with a beefy Firebird, all right! Crank that sucker on an OATed anny and watch it fight back to center!

Pretty much anything to the left of letter G and higher than number 10 on this chart. Especially the discs that are in both.

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/media/flightguide.html

I totally disagree with this. Fast, overstable discs will highlight certain problems. While overstability will hide O.A.T. it can make nose angle errors worse.

Slightly overstable putters and mids are the best balance to take frustrations down for a beginner.
Discs like(in order, best first): Envy, Vector, Roc3, Roc, Ghost, M1.

My form was cleaning up before I threw a Drone, so it is a maybe. It hides O.A.T. well, but it does not have enough glide to really hide bad nose angle release.

Maybe a Wizard, but it can be pretty glide-y, bad shots can go a little worse than the above.

Last edited:
Any mini

-- only 100-150 humans at anytime can truly throw a mini very well. A few hundred more make false bravado claims. High critique of mini throw is a losers game, therefore mini.

..or slightly os mids as well said on page one

So what exactly does a disc do that is forgiving, but does not mask? Because most of the time when people speak of "forgiving" discs, they mean exactly that. A disc that masks your bad throws.

I believe he is saying that HE himself doesn't want a disc like this, but more that he is simply curious about 'said' disc.

I believe he is saying that HE himself doesn't want a disc like this, but more that he is simply curious about 'said' disc.

Right.. it's like a drug - "someone who isn't me is interested in something that might not be the best for him, but what kind of information can you give me on it anyway..."

Yeah, he's only "disc curious" he doesn't really want one, but. . . . . . maybe? If the situation arises, who knows!

it's probably a shark. more overstable than a roc, but straight enough with small enough LSS so "You can even putt with it!"

i remember when I had my innova starter's pack the shark is what I eventually just used alone because the 150g dx aviar would flip over quickly, the 150g dx leopard would do newbie hyzers, but the 150g DX shark was juuuuuuuuuuuusssst right to be able to throw 150-200ft consistently in front of me (and you could also putt with it!).

Can't believe no one has said Buzzz... I bag an extra X Buzzz for newbies I meet on the course or kids that have never played before. IMO the easiest disc to throw and learn with.

Latest posts