• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Holes Played in 24 Hours

Damn! Is this documented somewhere? Because that will definitely be a world record that is even harder to beat than the high hole count.

The rule with Guinness is you can't beat a record retroactively, he would have to go into the day with that record in mind.

The most disc golf aces in 24 aces also isn't a record that Guinness does. You can go to the Guinness site and suggest a new record. It is a long process though.

nolangherity,

Yeah, all you have to do for this record is walk at top speed for 24 hours straight and throw a few thousand times. Contestants usually walk about 60 miles; not much to it. Oh yeah, you do have to eat too. You should try it sometime.

he was still jogging through holes 7 1/2 hours in.

theres hardly any merit behind this record. im surprised so many people contest it. this game is about throwing the least amount of times in a round, not playing as many holes as you can in a day. i think people see this as an easy way out and go for it on the easiest course possible. that tiki course is bs. nothing more needs to be said.
wow! Go out and play even a couple of hundred holes in a day and see how u feel. 2900 is amazing. Some people are just clueless.

I'm not surprised Matrix beat the record, he's a young guy in great shape who showed before that he could do this kind of endurance event the last time he beat the record. I am amazed at the number he got to, that's going to be really tough to beat and it's a big jump over the previous record.

Doing anything semi-athletic for 24 hours is tough but doing max number of holes on the blockhouse tiki course seems a little unfair. There really should be a minimum distance per hole. What's next - someone puts in a 9 hole course with 30 ft holes and gets it listed on DGCR.

Does golf have a similar record? Would they let someone use a putt-putt course?

While I doubt I could beat this record even on a custom built course - like many other Guinness records this one no longer impresses.

You aren't the least bit impressed with his record?

Great job, Mike! Unbelievable stuff.

Congrats matrix!

All of those trying to minimize your accomplishment are dildos.

My body would be pretty broken after attempting even a fraction of that.

Congrats man.

Dude walked 85 Miles.

Just over 3 MARATHONS!

Absolutely nothing but respect, and he also did it for a great cause.

You aren't the least bit impressed with his record?

Great job, Mike! Unbelievable stuff.

I think anyone who's seen the Tiki course WOULD be impressed with "his record ON THAT TIKI COURSE". As for "the record of dg holes played in 24 hours", as KniceZ was probably alluding to, any such record has to be VERY precisely defined - otherwise we have similar (and shorter) situations coming up as we have here.

As an example, a long time ago, the "stipulation(s)" for setting the record for "throwing a ball golf round" was that it had to be on an 18 hole championship course measuring at least 6000yds in length. The stipulations were "18 separate holes", on 1 intact / presently existing course (that could be / is played by normal people not trying to break some record) played in succession, and that the combined hole's lengths were at least 6000 yards.

Such similar stipulations will HAVE to be done for dg, otherwise....

Karl

over 4 aces an hour seems like a whole bunch of missed putts. 2900 holes played in24hrs is a good accomplishment though. Fortunately it takes a lot less effort to play the tiki course since all of the holes are putts. It would be much harder if you had to put in the effort to twist and throw many times.

I'm always amazed when people so quickly turn to name calling. But anyway -- Karl got my point.

I'm not saying that what he did was easy. I'm not sure where the 85 miles came from, but even taking the "official" length of 1535 FT per round time 161 rounds it's over 45 miles which is pretty tough. But it's not as amazing as it would be if he had done it on a regular course. Doing this at Bull Run or Pohick Bay two really short courses in the area would have required covering at two to three times that distance.

'Congratz....

Anyone hating on this should give it a shot or shut it. :p