• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Irritating Question People Ask While Playing

"You're not going to kill me, are you?!?"

SOOOO annoying when they keep asking that.

There is a guy that I play with, and we can play the same course 10 times, and on the same holes I hear, "Where is the basket?" Drives me nuts.:wall:

Yeah, its frustrating because I can remember the layout of the whole course, and he can't remember a single hole.

This.

I was out at Z-Boaz this weekend and it was PACKED man, full parking lot+cars in the street. Easily over 100 people at the course. I was playing through with some buddies of mine when we skipped a few holes and joined up with another group of people.

Playing with strangers must really put me on my game, cause I started nailing some long putts for birdie.
Of course the next question was:

"What disc is that?"

"Ion? Where did you get that?"

"How much did it cost you?"

"Are they any cheaper online?"

"How much do you get charged for shipping one disc?"

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Ugh yes.

Although, it doesn't bother me when people I KNOW ask me what I threw..not one bit. Esp. on a new course..trying to get a feel for it. Just when noobs ask me haha.

Yeah, I didn't know the guy. I did see what he was throwing though...

chgrooveorg.jpg

Is that a dead giveaway that guy was a n00b?

I hate it when people find out I am the Midnightbiker and then I hear "Can I have your autograph?"

Just kidding. I hate it when in a tournament, someone pulls out a joint and says, "You mind if I smoke this?" Well damn it, yes I do. I get randomly drug tested at work, so I can't even be near the stuff. If you want to smoke your stuff, do if after the round to celebrate, but keep it out of tournaments.

Wait, people are smoking and drinking in tournies? :eek:

So which is it? Does the disc you're throwing matter or not? :p

The "what did you throw" question is pretty annoying from noobs because they think its the disc that did the work and not your form heh.

I was playing with some new players, and on some 60-70ft shots, they were all throwing midranges, and I was throwing my Magnet, and I got asked, "How do you make you disc just float to the basket and land right by it?" I just laughed to myself and said, "Its called throwing you putter on anything under 150ft"

One thing that gets me off my game quick; When the course is packed and you have to wait on every hole then some group of retards decides they will just skip the next hole and make their way in front of my group so that now i have to wait on the original group in front of us as well as these morons that just jumped in front of us. I am never nice when this happens and usually talk smack the whole time they are teeing off. This happens at Zboaz often.
So frustrating.

One thing that gets me off my game quick; When the course is packed and you have to wait on every hole then some group of retards decides they will just skip the next hole and make their way in front of my group so that now i have to wait on the original group in front of us as well as these morons that just jumped in front of us. I am never nice when this happens and usually talk smack the whole time they are teeing off. This happens at Zboaz often.
So frustrating.

How about when there's three large groups in front of your two-some, and you're waiting on them, and the two-some behind you asks to play through?

Also: "Who's box is it?".... Every hole.

I get so pissed my friends have to calm me down. Also they will be like do you mind if we just play through we are playing quick. I usually respond with some profanity and no.

So frustrating.

While it's not a dumb question to be asked, it is very irritating for this to happen and I to talk smack the whole time I'm behind them. Not only do I get a rage push for some extra distance, but hopefully I foul up their whole game/day as well :)

The "what did you throw" question is pretty annoying from noobs because they think its the disc that did the work and not your form heh.

I actually like to ask that. Both by catching glances at the discs in their hand or by asking, by the end of the round I can usually tell you what disc they are throwing just by watching. By knowing that, I can change my shot if they were first due to wind and seeing how it reacts. Also you can learn a lot about a disc you haven't thrown by watching someone throw them, even if they have different or bad form. For instance, I've never thrown a Discraft Stalker, but I know exactly how it would fly if I were to throw it by watching people with similar or even different throwstyles than me.

"How many aces do you have" is quite irritating.

"Was that a putter!?!?" is probably my favorite.

Last edited: