• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most random thing you have found on the course...

Not really random but I did find a 9/10 groove in the trashcan at Bill allen last fall....

I found a glopto Halo in the garbage last fall as well. Similar condition. Sometimes you get people that have no idea what disc golf is that are just trying to keep the parks clean...

the course near my house must have somebody similar walking around. they leave found discs either in the basket or on top of it. i know i've been playing and came across about half a dozen different instances where i'll come up to a basket and somebody left a finder in the basket.

Not really random but I did find a 9/10 groove in the trashcan at Bill allen last fall....

I found a glopto Halo in the garbage last fall as well. Similar condition. Sometimes you get people that have no idea what disc golf is that are just trying to keep the parks clean...

Or maybe they just figured out that that's where a groove is supposed to be....at least thats what Ive heard....

the course near my house must have somebody similar walking around. they leave found discs either in the basket or on top of it. i know i've been playing and came across about half a dozen different instances where i'll come up to a basket and somebody left a finder in the basket.

That's the thing to do. I've found several to many discs on top of or in a basket. I think's it a good thing... kinda like the give a penny/take a penny dish at the convenience store. Hopefully the person who's looking for it comes back through and finds it. Good karma shines on all.

As far as weird, random stuff.... I dunno, Blue Valley is kind of notorious for shady activity. I've found men's, women's and children's underwear, condoms, syringes, a couple of penthouse magazines, busted TV's and refrigerators, tires. Whatever people want to get rid of.

I did find a disciplinary letter that some kid obviously intercepted before his parents got home to check the mail. It had a write-up by the bus driver about how this kid had been disruptive and was one of the most poorly written, grammatically incorrect "official" letters ever. Plus it was dated several years earlier and I found it in pristine condition out in the middle of a fairway. I also found an aromatic dugout in the parking lot of another course, not full but not empty by any means. Score. I obviously wasn't going to go walking around asking everybody if they dropped it.

A half eaten bag of cocktail shrimp. In 100+ degree weather in TX.

Seafood
Extreme heat
Disc golf

Not a good time in my book.

there was the most unsettling thing on the course last night. someone had put their dead dog in a 4 sided box beneath a tree right on the fairway. no lid on the box, but a good 3 foot by 2 foot by 1 foot tall white box with a dead dog in it....luckily a guy in my group had warmed up on that hole and told me, so I threw a miserably bad shot WAY wide right so i wouldn't have to go near it. but seriously, WTF.

I found a crack pipe on top of the 18th basket after putting out. Also found an Aerobie Orbiter on the fairway of another course. That has to be tough to putt with.

About a year ago we found a bunch of random things near the teepad furthest from anything. The things would change ever so often. One time there was a box full of bootleg vhs's, some old Nintendo games, saw a set of eating utensils.

Human turds hole 8 boyd hill :)

Kind of a stretch, but a few years ago I was in Amsterdam with some friends and we played a course that was in a huge city park. My buddy had an errant drive that went off into some woods and as we were looking for it, we found some toilet paper bunched up next to some human waste. Well, as we looked some more we noticed the whole area was covered in tp and human sh*t. Apparently, you can camp in this city park, and this is where the campers went to use the bathroom. Pretty gross at the time, but we had a good laugh afterwards. Needless to say, we stopped searching for his disc and got the hell out of there.

Latest posts