• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Most stable Roc3?

Yeah, I am not sure any Roc3 can ever be Justice/Gator/Drone overstable. How domey is your MF compared with the champs?

the dome on my mf is pretty damn close to the same as my champs. maybe just a hair highier dome if that.

and no... IME nothing has come close to a justice.

I thought my 3x Champ Roc3s would be the most overstable, but after I used them a little bit they really weren't any more OS than the Star or GStar Roc3s. Haven't tried a Glow Champ Roc3 though.

But pursuant to the general underlying theme of the thread, the Roc3 overall might not be what one needs if one is looking for a beefy OS disc. Maybe the Roc3's flight numbers should be 5,4,0,2 instead of 5,4,0,3? So maybe a Tensor, Drone, Zone or Gator is indicated for more overstability....

Nailed it. Really the Roc3 is a slightly more OS Z Buzzz that is shaped like a Roc. It's great for laser rips and point to point shots, but doesn't really have the line carving ability of a Rancho nor the OS nature of a Wasp.

My most stable Roc3 is a metal flake red G-Star. After a year, it's still more stable than my Champion.

Yeah, I am not sure any Roc3 can ever be Justice/Gator/Drone overstable. How domey is your MF compared with the champs?

My first roc3 was a 2x champ that could go toe to toe with anyone's gator. Unfortunately I didn't learn until I lost that one that it was a freak of nature for that mold.

Ive yet to have a freak roc3.

I do have this star rancho roc thats stupid OS for a roc. Its not a gator but alot closer then every day roc3s.

Ive had g star, many champion, star, glow champ. No metal flake roc3s yet. Not a big fan of how they look and i feel like they are harder to see

The Roc3 overall might not be what one needs if one is looking for a beefy OS disc. Maybe the Roc3's flight numbers should be 5,4,0,2 instead of 5,4,0,3? So maybe a Tensor, Drone, Zone or Gator is indicated for more overstability....

I would agree with this. I think the point of this thread is to determine which, if any, Roc3's consistently fly like a 5403. I am sure there are aberrations out there, but in my experience, Roc3's are discs that have pretty good high speed turn(as in not much if any), but don't have the low speed fade of some other mids. Don't go expecting too much from this mold and accept it for what it is, but still, knowing that one plastic is relatively more stable than the rest is valuable and important for people to know so they can make informed decisions on what to buy.

I have 3 Champion Roc 3s. 175 3X flat orange, 180 3X domey red, and 180 4x flat green. The domey red 3X is by far the most beefy. More so even then my fresh Ranchos or KC Rocs. The flat Champs are straighter out the box then KCS or Ranchos.

I have 3 Roc3s sitting in my garage - all 180g. One Red Metal Flake Champ, one Orange 3x Champ (mild dome) and one White Bottom Stamped Star.

As assumed, the Orange domey one is the most OS, but still, I'd barely give it a 2 fade. Still damn straight with a slightly moderate fade as it slows down. The Star is quite understable, and the metal flake champ is a touch more US than the domed disc. At best, the MOST overstable one I own is a 5/5/0/2. Most I've tested are more like 5/5/-1/1.5 at best.

Then again, I also really don't like beads on my Mids. So I've stuck with other brands for those slots.

I'm really interested in the Discmania MD3. So far, the 2015 mold of the Prodigy M1 and the DD Verdict are the best truly OS mids I've found without losing alllllll glide (Demon and Drone) Otherwise, I go for a Hornet, but that is a COMPLETELY different hand-feel...

I snagged a couple of pictures to compare. My MF Roc3 is domey and I was hoping it would be OS. I'm trying to reduce molds and this was going to cover my OS mid, but I don't think it will replace my Buzzz OS. The other disc it is compared to is my 1x Roc3 and the thing is FAF. Nice and overstable, but I can't find many like it. The PLH is slightly lower on my MF than the 1x.

Attachments

• IMG_0317[1].jpg
    IMG_0317[1].jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0318[1].jpg
    IMG_0318[1].jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0320[1].jpg
    IMG_0320[1].jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 48
My champ roc 3, pink with RDG stamp on it is surprisingly more stable than I expected. I don't know if it's just from still being new, but it had no turn and a gentle fade every throw.

Most I've tested are more like 5/5/-1/1.5 at best.
That's my experience as well. There's some turn and not a lot of fade. I'm bagging the Verdict now for my OS mid shots. The Verdict is not utility OS, it's very much workable. It's not going to turn on me and I can depend on the fade.