• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Most stable rocs

Bugz36984

Birdie Member
I've searched the forums and haven't came across anything but if there is, please lmk. I am a buzz thrower, with the hornet being my OS mid slot, but recently tossed some rocs and love the effortless glide. However, even my brand new 12x kcp rocs flip with a good rip. Was just wondering what you roc throwers use for your OS mid slot? I'm assuming gator, but gators have no glide from what I understand. Also, what's the most stable rocs available? Thanks in advance!

wasps.

for your more OS compliment to buzzz. and the 'most stable roc' slot.

Last edited:
Double Stamp Rings ROCS from a year or 2 ago were Beefy as Hell. Dynamic Discs had some pretty cheap a while back

I use a glow/dx viper for all of my very OS midrange duties. Roc's cover every other mid shot I've come across.

I throw a star gator as my OS, Buzzzs of different wear levels cover everything else, the Gator has enough glide just a little less than my most stable Z Buzzz.

Star Rancho Rocs are easily the most overstable production Roc I've thrown. They were noticeably more overstable than KCs. Even so, the Gator flies on a much different line. The Star Rancho Roc is a straight disc that fights left. A Gator goes hard left the entire flight until it gets pretty beat in.

The new Roc3 is money for this shot. Haven't been throwing it long but it flattens out and flies dead straight with a nice predictable fade. We've had some decent winds lately here too and its been doing well.

Go with something that's in production. I've never understood throwing all this rare, expensive, OOP plastic.

2009 USDGC Roc. Really any USDGC Roc will be more stable than any other plastic.

Although I've also got a CE Viper which is basically a midrange.

My entire bag is innova except for the buzzz/hornet combo and have really liked the 12x rocs with my little practice with them, however absolutely no fight in those things when it comes to headwind and turn when really cranked. I'd prefer to find something in production or relatively cheap. I hate trying to search and search and search for a replacement then drop lots of coin on one. I already struggle trying to find non plus rim PD's and 11x KCP teebirds. Trying to get away from all this rare/tough to find stuff

The stiff 12x "Multi purpose" Rocs are pretty beefy. I use them and have really enjoyed them, but they are sort of a pain to replace and people always want more than they are worth imo. Since the Roc3 came out, I think I'll be using those instead. They are beefy, more durable and aren't hard to find at all. If you are a Roc thrower, they are worth trying!

Also worth mentioning, I just picked up a Prodigy proto m3 from Cale's new shop. The molds seem pretty inconsistent right now but it flies amazing! It's similar in shape to a Roc but it's slightly more overstable than my Roc3s.

Latest posts