• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most underrated courses out there

A few courses:

Treasure Cove was surprised it was only a 3.71. It is a picturesque course and was enjoyable experience and round then other courses similarly rated.

Cannot understand how Wickham Park is only a 4.19 to Cranbury Park's 4.13, that's just loco. So I'd say that Wickham is underrated. These two courses are light years apart.

Was shocked that Rogers Lakewood Park was only rated a 4.13 (again, significantly better than Cranbury Park). Great flowing course with water and a lot of challenges. Also, found many holes to be unique from each other, which was a great thing.... and it's 24 holes.

Many people may disagree, but I liked Blue Valley Park significantly more than the higher rated Water Works Park, the rating difference of 4.54 to 3.85 is way off. The elevation changes, size and overall challenge of Blue Valley are superior and make for a great course.

I have to also give a shout out to Toronto Island which may not be the best disc golf course I've ever seen (but certainly acceptable), but is easily the best setting I've ever seen with the Toronto skyline to the north and Lake Ontario to the south. It's rated a 3.89.

Last edited:
I'm still not entirely sure how Mt Airy Forest has a 4.12 rating. I guess a lot of reviews may have been done before the upgrades. Every hole has multiple pins(except the two "woods holes" that are usually only used for tournaments and were part of the old layout). Teepads are long and with the exception of no16 which is in a spot that gets no sunlight ever, are immaculate. Some of the best signage I have seen. A very well stocked pro shop on site. Every hole is a different shot from the one before it. In its current configuration it has the best starting hole I have ever played. Also, probably the most beautiful hole I have seen No15. In its "gold" layout it is hard enough to challenge the best in the world, while not being so difficult that newer players wont enjoy themselves.

Last edited:
In terms of the golf shots required, Berkeley at 2.63 is majorly underrated. I understand why people don't think much of it (pedestrian/bike traffic, sketchy things happening in the south part of the park, trains noise, etc), but it is a pretty good challenge out there with all of the water and wind to shoot under par. I think it deserves to be a good full point higher in terms of the quality of the disc golf it presents to the player.

In terms of the golf shots required, Berkeley at 2.63 is majorly underrated. I understand why people don't think much of it (pedestrian/bike traffic, sketchy things happening in the south part of the park, trains noise, etc), but it is a pretty good challenge out there with all of the water and wind to shoot under par. I think it deserves to be a good full point higher in terms of the quality of the disc golf it presents to the player.

I agree with you that it is underrated - I rated it 3.0.....slightly underrated. That said, 2.63 is right in the middle of the scale.....average. You really think that course is well above average?

I agree with you that it is underrated - I rated it 3.0.....slightly underrated. That said, 2.63 is right in the middle of the scale.....average. You really think that course is well above average?

It is subjective because if you want a manicured, disc golf only with a real pro shop (and not some dudes who fish discs out of the water and sell them back to you for $5), then I suppose it's right about where it should be. In terms of technical shots with a lot of ass clenching into gusty winds, then it should rate about a point higher in my opinion. But such as it is, I completely understand why people don't rate this one highly.

I'm necro-bumping this thread because 1) It's a cool thread, 2) Some of the original posters may have something to add, and 3) It's old enough that there are a lot of new members who aren't represented here. So, what are some underrated courses out there?

I would suggest that for the purpose of this thread, "underrated" should mean that you enjoyed a course disproportionately much compared to its DGCR rating. That could be a 2.0 rated course that you got 3.5 enjoyment out of, or a 4.03 rated course that you enjoyed at a 4.62 level.

Last edited:
I've resisted so far, but I can't anymore. I have GOT to add the course I built ( https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=9413 )in here, as it has been getting a ton of love on UDisc, but has yet to garner really any attention on here. It's a crazy good course, but it often suffers from people downgrading the rating for things that were purposely designed in- namely the hike on the back 9 or it being wet in the spring which seem like obvious and easily avoided conditions.

Last season was a breakout year, and I'm stoked to have jumped from 17 to 150ish reviews on UDisc, but I'm still waiting for DGCR to care lol

Pinto Lake is a superb course that has the misfortune of being in the next town over from DeLaveaga. The meadow holes aren't the best, but not bad and add a contrast to the other holes, it's a special course and deserves 4.2+ !

Finnon Reservoir is an epic course in Placerville, CA that is underrated I only guess because upkeep is difficult and grass grows. Still deserves better!

underrated in CA means the rating is right where it should be ;)

Well, as the reviews keep racking in, it's pretty obvious that Shu pond was under rated and under played. Only took 10 years for it to get 10 reviews. SO, hopefully by 2022, I can crest the top 10 of nine hole courses!!!! Fingers Crossed.

i loved reading Dan's review earlier today and i can't wait to make it up there one day!

I will second Finnon, I use to live up in Swansboro, I was less than 5 miles from the course. Definitely a diamond in the rough!!! Play it after central Cali finals!!

Well, as the reviews keep racking in, it's pretty obvious that Shu pond was under rated and under played. Only took 10 years for it to get 10 reviews. SO, hopefully by 2022, I can crest the top 10 of nine hole courses!!!! Fingers Crossed.

I hope to make it over there in June. I've only heard good things. Mushin no shin's review was excellent the other day too. I'm glad he's been writing quite a few reviews again recently. One of my favorite reviewers as Wisconsonite :thmbup:

I hope to make it over there in June. I've only heard good things. Mushin no shin's review was excellent the other day too. I'm glad he's been writing quite a few reviews again recently. One of my favorite reviewers as Wisconsonite :thmbup:

You make it over here and there is free camping available for reviewing dgcrs!!

You make it over here and there is free camping available for reviewing dgcrs!!

I appreciate the offer :thmbup: It would be after a weeklong roadie to play Mason County courses and time permitting Flip again. Plus a ton of other goodies in NW lower MI. I'd be glad to review the Pond though. It's been on my wishlist for SOOO long now anyway. It's going to happen this year!!!

I payed Central Park in Cumming, GA yesterday and I have to say that I think some old ratings are pulling that one down quite a bit.

I tend to round up on courses and on my personal rating it should be about a 3.8 so I graded 4.

Before my review it was only rated 3.4. So if anyone is in the area go check that one out and see if you agree. I don't see how just about anyone could give it less than a 3.5.