• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

Mando

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Noticed a new comer today...Winter Park out.

I don't either, since the top ten is really only the top ten out of 367 courses and hardly ever changes...Boring

I did randomly notice that Flip got bumped down to 2nd a week or two ago. :\

I don't know the criteria for top ten and currently feel to lazy to look it up so why only 367?

Really kind of sad/ironic that no one cares about the DGCR top ten since it's now such a select group...top ten out of 367 courses, wow.

I don't know how much the Top Ten really matters, vs. just being there for "entertainment only" purposes.

Not to mention all the private unlisted courses out there...many of which easily rival the Top Ten courses.

wow, phantom moved up another spot? nice to see 2 mountain courses on the list

I don't pay attention because I have a feeling that many of the courses in the "Top Ten" have lots of drive by people (locals) that create account, write a quick 5 disc review, and then never come back. I would be more interested in seeing a Top 10 based on ratings from people that live outside of say 120 from the course. Think of it as a Travelers Top 10.

I don't know how much the Top Ten really matters, vs. just being there for "entertainment only" purposes.

Not to mention all the private unlisted courses out there...many of which easily rival the Top Ten courses.

Well, that's pretty much what I'm saying. The top ten is 20+ reviews of listed courses, so is that really the top ten ? I think not.

Ironic to me that the "Disc Golf Course Review" presents a top ten which is a fraction of the # of overall courses. What is the point in having a 20 review minimum, other than trying to generate more site traffic ? I think the strategy is backfiring.

I like the idea of I travlers top 10.
I don't pay attention because I have a feeling that many of the courses in the "Top Ten" have lots of drive by people (locals) that create account, write a quick 5 disc review, and then never come back. I would be more interested in seeing a Top 10 based on ratings from people that live outside of say 120 from the course. Think of it as a Travelers Top 10.

Horseshoe Canyon Ranch isnt on there so... yeah... f the top ten.

Horseshoe Canyon Ranch isnt on there so... yeah... f the top ten.

Horseshoe Canyon Ranch has 12 reviews, but even if the minimum review cutoff were 10 reviews, it still wouldn't make the top 50. In fact, the top 10 would be almost exactly the same as it is now. I guess once a course breaks into the leaderboard it tends to get noticed, and then you start to get a flood of 5-disc reviews that are hard to dilute. Right now, at the top 2 or 3 spots, the courses have way over 50 reviews, and the next review is not going to change the rating more than a couple of hundredths. At this point, to break into the top 10, it looks like you need to have something like a 10:1 ratio of 5-star ratings to everything else, and then it's just a matter of how diluted the other ratings get by the mass of 5's.

that's because Horseshoe is so badass that it can't properly be reviewed.