Music City Open presented by Lone Star Disc

Jolt

* Ace Member *
I wish they would refrain from making the obviously non-random groups for non-feature cards. I don't really like them for any reason but understand the need for them in groups getting filmed. "All lefty," "All Paul," "All Finnish ladies," etc.

Meh, for the first round it seems ok to have a 'bit'. Although I'd rather it be a really odd connection, something obscure like "All the players on this card have golden retrievers" or "Each player here has a Z in their name".

I just watched the Ezra practice round and the course looks pretty good. The teepads look great. I'm really looking forward to the MCO this weekend.

Looks like several hole changes (for the better from what I saw on the practice round videos), and a ton of underbrush cleanup by the local club clearing out some of the unsightly and restrictive thorns and brambles areas in the fairways and greens, while still keeping the extreme sides of the fairways thick and punishing. For a temp course that isn't in the ground more than a few weeks a year, looks like a ton of effort went into it and it appears to view well on video so far.

Edit: Only gripe I could make is the gimmicky ply wood cross bar on the one Par 4 where throwing a massive high blind shot cuts the difficulty of navigating the intended gap on the approach shot. It's almost directly over the FPO tee pad, and still leaves enough space above it to execute the shot, albeit more risky. Just looks very gimmicky from a viewing standpoint.

Last edited:
Looks like o fun field, Eagle is back . . Simon and Eagle on the last card out.

New "Thing" for DGPT. . odd cards, ,we have a all Finnish player card in FPO

Yeah I am excited to see how Eagle plays this week

The Europeans are taking over FPO in a big way.

Yeah I am excited to see how Eagle plays this week
Just saw where he posted that he tweaked his back and may withdraw before the event. Hoping he can get some treatment and still make his 2024 appearance.

Just saw where he posted that he tweaked his back and may withdraw before the event. Hoping he can get some treatment and still make his 2024 appearance.

Injury recovery is a rough road even for young'uns like Eagle. It's so easy to injure yourself when you're protecting a different injury, or else sustain another injury trying to get back to the performance level you want to be at when coming back from an injury. I want to see him back at his best, so I won't be crushed if he takes another week to recover.

Trying not to be a hater, but...
another feature card appearance by Deann Carey?

On the MPO side, I really like how they mixed in a lot of the bigger names throughout the cards.

Great to see Stacie Rawnsley off to a good start with birdies on three of the first four. Hate to see players with injuries early in a season, so great to see her coming back and playing well, just missing cash last weekend and off to a good start today.

Trying not to be a hater, but...
another feature card appearance by Deann Carey?
Lone Star is the title sponsor and she's the main FPO player they sponsor so gets the feature card spot. On the MPO side, Hebenheimer gets the nod on feature card as he's been performing the best, and the young Carter Ahrens gets the 2nd feature card. They also included TN players on both cards, Dickerson on feature and Logan Bowers on 2nd lead. And then TN native Macie Velediez on 2nd lead in FPO.

Didnt there use to be a rule about arranging cards... Used to be about video production IIRC. I remember discussion about whether it is fair across the board vis a vis who gets to play on the final 2 cards or so, vs completely random. So now they can do it just for fun?

I suggest the "The unpronouncable surnames card"

I don't know if it was a "rule" persay. But I de recall hearing that the 4 spots went something like, 1 spot for presenting sponsor, 1 spot for previous years champion, 1 spot for advertising partner/film coverage crew at the time (like Jomez, GK Pro, etc that were filming the feature cards), and 1 spot was a wild card that was usually the tour points leader/a fan favorite/or an additional presenting sponsor slot. I have no clue how it's actually broken down, but you will rarely see a 1st round feature card in an event sponsored by a manufacturer that doesn't have at least one of that manufacturer's players on it.

I second the unpronouncable surnames card, and humbly suggest the excessive time card and send them out first, you know for anarchy sake.

Lone Star is the title sponsor and she's the main FPO player they sponsor so gets the feature card spot. On the MPO side, Hebenheimer gets the nod on feature card as he's been performing the best, and the young Carter Ahrens gets the 2nd feature card. They also included TN players on both cards, Dickerson on feature and Logan Bowers on 2nd lead. And then TN native Macie Velediez on 2nd lead in FPO.

They also have Lisa Fajkus and Leah Tsinajinnie. I didn't realize that Fajkus isn't playing this weekend, but Tsinajinnie would be a better watch than Carey, IMHO.

I do like having local players on the feature cards. Zach Arlinghaus was featured at Idlewild last year and it was a lot of fun to see him in the spotlight. Always happy to see Macie and haven't gotten to see Hebenheimer and Dickerson much this year, so that will be fun.

Didnt there use to be a rule about arranging cards... Used to be about video production IIRC. I remember discussion about whether it is fair across the board vis a vis who gets to play on the final 2 cards or so, vs completely random. So now they can do it just for fun?

I suggest the "The unpronouncable surnames card"
Rule still exists. Groups are supposed to be either random or by rating (CM 106.B) with exception for video coverage requiring approval from both the players involved and the PDGA (CM 106.J).

Rule still exists. Groups are supposed to be either random or by rating (CM 106.B) with exception for video coverage requiring approval from both the players involved and the PDGA (CM 106.J).
Technically it's a "should" over a "must" fwiw.

Holyn birdies 5 of the first 7 and is -5. I thought the course might suit her pretty well, especially with the changes to add some distance.

Stacie now -1 after back to back bogeys.

I'm frankly surprised by some of the players who are struggling today.
Ella and Kat - even
Holly Finley and Ali Smith - +6