• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Music City Open presented by Lone Star Disc

@geebob Lisa Fajkus is no longer with Lone Star, they didn't come to an agreement on contract terms last I heard and she went unsponsored. Haven't seen if she picked up a new sponsor since that news broke. Leah is fun to watch, and a joyous person but 20 points lower rated. Not sure who/what went into deciding DeAnn got the nod for feature card.

@geebob Lisa Fajkus is no longer with Lone Star, they didn't come to an agreement on contract terms last I heard and she went unsponsored. Haven't seen if she picked up a new sponsor since that news broke. Leah is fun to watch, and a joyous person but 20 points lower rated. Not sure who/what went into deciding DeAnn got the nod for feature card.

Thanks! I thought that was the case with Fajkus, but saw that she is still listed on the Lone Star page. One of my favorite players, from when I first started following the pro tour a few years ago.

DeAnn is playing pretty well today, so happy to see her prove me wrong.

Really good to see Hailey King playing well (currently -3) as she's had a tough start to the season as well with some nagging injuries.

Back to the FPO...
Love the lead card today. Will be a great test for Holyn and Silva on lead card.

Other stuff:

What's up with Hanna Huynh? Seemed like a player with huge upside last year, but seems to be regressing this season. Pressure of a new contract? Not adjusting to her new discs?

Just breaking... Play suspended due to a threat against the event which is being investigated.

The Disc Golf Pro Tour has suspended play at the Music City Open due to an ongoing investigation by Nashville metro police regarding a threat made against the event. Tour and tournament staff are cooperating with local law enforcement authorities to assess the nature of the threat and determine the next steps. We will provide additional updates as we receive guidance from local authorities.

"threat made against the event" just as Ryan is about to tee off, coincident?
I weep that disc golf has this level of immaturity towards itself that it feels threatened by a singular presence when and where a mildly disappointed Kristen Tattar is the bigger threat.

4/20/24 – 10:55 AM CT. After assessing the situation on-site with Tour and Tournament staff, Nashville Metro police have okayed a restart of competition. Additional security measures have been deployed on-site.

Latest posts