• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Must play near Dallas

Z-Boaz in sw Fort Worth is well known as one of the best in the area.

I really need to get out more myself so I can give you more options.

Heritage park, Fritz, and Turner are all good plays if you're in the DFW Airport vicinity. Played all 3 last weekend. Not particularly grueling if you're good, but sufficiently challenging for a mediocre rec player like me. Heritage especially I like because I'm a sucker for courses that show the local biome and in as much as DFW has a biome other than flat and hot, heritage showcases it.

Heritage park, Fritz, and Turner are all good plays if you're in the DFW Airport vicinity. Played all 3 last weekend. Not particularly grueling if you're good

Btw...all 3 excellent courses. These aren't courses where double digit downs are the norm. At Fritz if you shoot 5 or more down it's typically a 1000+ rated round. But if I had to choose one destination, I would choose Cedar Hill where you can play 2 good courses back to back that will challenge your complete game.

Btw...all 3 excellent courses. These aren't courses where double digit downs are the norm. At Fritz if you shoot 5 or more down it's typically a 1000+ rated round. But if I had to choose one destination, I would choose Cedar Hill where you can play 2 good courses back to back that will challenge your complete game.

Yeah I'm not nearly that good but especially Turner and Fritz I could see someone with a big arm slicing up a couple of those holes and finishing down by a good bit. Heritage has a few more tunnely shots but again a 1000 rated player could shred.

But they're all nice courses, well maintained with decent facilities. Good fun rounds to be had at all.

it kinda depends on how much time you have and whether you're looking for that one course to play or a day of hopping around a reasonable vicinity. that said, any which way i like the combo of Z-Boaz and Saddle Hills. i also like Trophy Club, Lake Park (Tom McCutcheon DGP), and Turner. Veteran's Park in Arlington is popular but, imo, a bit overrated. it's the home of the annual VPO event that usually gets coverage, you might have seen that.

Turner is closing at some point in the near future, if that affects your decision making.

Now is the time for it-I don't miss much about living in Texas but those warm sunny days in the middle of winter sure are nice.

I was thinking about this. Short days make it tough, but when the weather is nice it's the best time of the year in DFW.

If you have time and energy, I would add Crossroads of Life to the Cedar Hill pairing. It's at a church, so don't play Sunday morning or Wednesday evening. It has water in play and few holes that let you throw as long as you can and plenty of technical shots. It's seldom crowded. Depending on where in DFW you will be, Alex Clark and Towne Lake in McKinney make a good pairing. They are about a mile apart on opposite sides of U.S. 75. Clark is pretty short, so it can/should be a birdie fest, but it is lots of fun. Towne Lake is longer and much more challenging. On the opposite corner (southwest) of the Metroplex, Bicentennial Park in Crowley is good. Longer holes will lots of elevation (at least for DFW) and water in play.

I have only played Fritz Park - it was early Spring and I had only a few hours before having to get to DFW - but I really enjoyed the layout. There are a few oddities (check the reviews), but there are some memorable risk/reward holes along the water on the front 9 that stand out

hope the weather holds for you.

Today is beautiful. 2 days ago...not so much.

Played Fritz... Not the best layout I have ever played... Crossing 1&2 going to 6 isn't good, and trying to find 9 & 15 took a nice hike... The course itself was decent... Going to hit either North Park or Arcadia Park at sunrise...

Played Arcadia Park Sunday morning... Much easier to follow the course than Fritz... I enjoyed both courses, but Arcadia was a little better, imo... Thanks again for all the suggestions for courses... The weather was as good as I've played in in a while...

well, you hit two of the least recommendable 18 holers in the area but it sounds like time and distance was an issue. better luck next time!

okay, i just looked at the map and i guess there are a few worse, haha. and imo, a lot of misleading ratings too.

Last edited:
DFW disc golf has so much more to offer. Arcadia should never be on anyone's recommendation list for out of town visitors.

Thanks again... Yes, I was short on time, and I only brought 7 discs... I played Sunday at 7:20am... Of course I picked 2of the not best courses... I enjoyed getting out and throwing in a place I'd never been before...

Latest posts