• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who has only messed with the Ion, Axis, then Anode... what MVP disc would you recommend to give the Anode some company in my bag.

Basically, if someone was a new player, what MVP driver would you recommend for them? I really like my Westside Stag and Discmania FD for my OS/Straight Stable part of my bag, but i'm not too sold on the Diamond/Underworld yet. So I figure whatever MVP driver that would be good for a new player, would be good in THAT specific slot.

^^^MVP driver for a new player?

Amp. Hands down, by far, no question.

It's not too understable so that a "good" player can't use it. And it's not too overstable so that a noob couldn't control it.

Well the Volt has some healthy turn, but always come back for a net stability between 0.5 and +1 depending on the way its thrown.. hyzer flips to flat will have more fade but letting it S curve a little will result in a point and shoot control feel

The Amp is not very under-stable unless powered way up, it will turn and likes to hold turn for 50% of flight then begins slowly fade back before it hits the ground with a net stability of around -1. On high power throws it can hold long turns and end -2 or more with added anny release angle.. what i like is that it always fades to at least flat before it hits the ground so you dont get a turn and burn or roll aways.

the Shock (NEW shock, not FR) will resist turn for the most part and will fly straight with power but ALWAYS nice strong long term fade at the last 30% of flight. with a net stability of +3

Just a guess, but probably that a RHFH turnover is (almost) the same shot as a RHBH hyzer or straight-with-fade shot. There's utility in it, and that's most likely the situation that elicited Throwasurge's own shot, but I'd definitely throw backhanded on any shot that allowed me to long before I'd opt for a FH turnover.

But that's just me.

Yup pitched my drive 50' right on the course, no option but a turnover FH and I'm all backhand usually.

And yes AMP would be a good twin to the Axis for straightness, though I find a 169 Volt the most similar on downhills.

So far this year my nutsac is rockin the anode axis vector volt and soon the tangent. Kind of a disced down year until MVP gets a high speed driver. So far the results have been really good for an all MVP bag for me. The Volt is really my go to disc for anything over 250 to 300'. Thanks MVP.

@John-- I've done the same thing.. still keep a HS driver around but never really find a need when the volts go 350+

Loveeeeee em! Hard to tell my discs apart in my bag though they all are black over-molds lollllll.

@John-- I've done the same thing.. still keep a HS driver around but never really find a need when the volts go 350+

Loveeeeee em! Hard to tell my discs apart in my bag though they all are black over-molds lollllll.

My go to is a *destroyer when the volt just can't get there. I guess I'm in the same boat. Come on MVP. The people have spoken.:D:D

I love MVP, but they still don't have enough molds out for me to carry only their discs. There's still plenty of rounds where I use my Zone, Stingray, Firebird, and Bliz Wraith. Until they fill alot of slots (overstable, long distance, DX quality plastic), I'm going to have other discs. Having said that, there are some rounds on certain short courses where I'll use only my MVP discs.

for 99.9% of the courses and shots any of my MVP molds will work but there are a few times its nice to have the speed and stability of a distance driver. A shock on steroids would be perfect.

I've been rocking an all MVP Neutron bag. Seems to be going good. There's been a couple of times where the winds were frustrating. I'll be picking up a few of the new Shocks to handle a little bit of that. I play a lot of rounds with three discs (Anode, Axis & Volt). I'll switch up the fairway drivers every practice round to give them all some reps.

hBvt3on.jpg

So far this year my nutsac is rockin the anode axis vector volt and soon the tangent. Kind of a disced down year until MVP gets a high speed driver. So far the results have been really good for an all MVP bag for me. The Volt is really my go to disc for anything over 250 to 300'. Thanks MVP.

I have an eclipse ion, axis, and vector and neutron amp that should be arriving today. I'm gonna throw those in my Nutsac and play a few weeks with those before I have my final "bag battle" for 2013. I'm real excited to try some MVP discs and that I now have a nice little glow set up.

I bought my first MVP disc over the weekend. A medium 175 white Storm Trooper Anode in the Neutron plastic.

And I'm loving it.

I'm a push putter and was going through a bunch of putters to find the one that fit me best. I was using a Wizard and a Magic but the Wizard dropped to fast and hard and the Magic felt really light for some reason and I had to have the right tough on it. The anode feels like the best of both world, looks a lot cooler and feels better in my hands. It feels like I have the control of a heavy disc but with the glide/flight of the lighter stuff without be to fluttery.

The more I use it the more I like it and I haven't even tried to drive with it yet. I've head a lot of good thing about driving with one (although it's take a lot to overtake my Wizards for putter driving).

Now, I'm thinking of trying a midrange from MVP. Maybe the Axis. I play a lot of wooded courses here in NC and I want one that goes dead straight but I can shape some like with. I've heard the Axis is buzzz like and while I have a buzzz that works great I want to try some more MVP stuff.

Are there any posts where someone compares the MVP lineup to other disc so I can get a better understanding of their flights? Thanks.

Now, I'm thinking of trying a midrange from MVP. Maybe the Axis. I play a lot of wooded courses here in NC and I want one that goes dead straight but I can shape some like with. I've heard the Axis is buzzz like and while I have a buzzz that works great I want to try some more MVP stuff.

Are there any posts where someone compares the MVP lineup to other disc so I can get a better understanding of their flights? Thanks.
The Tangent, a new MVP mid, is coming out this Friday. The testers are loving it, so you may want to look into that.

bfowler,

Vector is like a fresh kc pro roc or wasp, maybe a touch faster and more fade. Most dependable of the three in crosswinds and headwinds, most resistant to turning over, least distance potential on flat and hyzer released shots by 15-20'. Thrown hard, flat and 360'+, mine just want to go straight eith zero turn to a late, strong fade. Fights anny release most out of the three.

Axis is like a straighter buzz, or Roc with most the fade beaten out but still no turn. It will glide better thsn a Vector and fly more neutral, and hyzers harder and sooner thsn a Tangent both thrown with a hyzer release. This is easier to throw hard and flat for a straight shot, and the tangent works better with a touch of hyzer on longer shots.

Tangent is along the lines of a comet, buzz ss, Roc that's got no fade and a pinch of turn. It will do dead straight a bit easier than the Axis and handles gentle turnovers and long, glidey hyzers better.

All three have a place in my bag, but for a more technical course I'd probably start with a Tangent, or Tangent + Axis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.