• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

I've found mine pretty consistent, if I'm honest. . . .

I'm sure they're different from the old ones, just like the Photons are different from the old mold, but I haven't really seen what I'd consider inconsistency - at least not coming from Discraft, where I've got 6 max weight ESP Scorches that all fly like completely different discs, and 6 max weight Zeuses of various plastic that do the same.

Completely agree that the new Waves are different from the old ones, but consistent in the way they are different. The other disc that changed with the new molding process is the Insanity. I had to switch to Fission Insanity to get a similar flight to the old Plasmas.

And don't get me started on the camouflage colors one the newer Plasma discs . . . :eek:ldman_yelling_at_clouds_emoji:

A poster here once described Neutron Waves as "riding a knife edge of stability"

I know I said that exact thing when I had my first Neutron Wave. Couldn't figure that thing out. It was so perfect sat on the precipice of stability that anything could make that disc go from straight as a laser to roller. I felt like unstable was a better term than understable. There is a good chance some of that was on me and my form, I've since returned to using the wave although I feel like I know it a little better than I used to.

I know I said that exact thing when I had my first Neutron Wave. Couldn't figure that thing out. It was so perfect sat on the precipice of stability that anything could make that disc go from straight as a laser to roller. I felt like unstable was a better term than understable. There is a good chance some of that was on me and my form, I've since returned to using the wave although I feel like I know it a little better than I used to.

I get that. The old Neutron Waves just happened to perfectly suit my throw. Slight hyzer, flip up to flat, maybe a little drift right, and then finish with a mild late fade. Almost as if it had a "notch" at straight.

Sigh.

I get that. The old Neutron Waves just happened to perfectly suit my throw. Slight hyzer, flip up to flat, maybe a little drift right, and then finish with a mild late fade. Almost as if it had a "notch" at straight.

Sigh.
That's how mine all fly (neutron locks in, fission has that extra drift) - how do the new ones fly differently, for you? I dig the "notch" at flat. That, and not being terribly nose angle sensitive, are the reasons I took the Scorch out of my bag in favor of the Wave. Knowing it would flip to flat, and not over turn has really helped my game.

That's how mine all fly (neutron locks in, fission has that extra drift) - how do the new ones fly differently, for you? I dig the "notch" at flat. That, and not being terribly nose angle sensitive, are the reasons I took the Scorch out of my bag in favor of the Wave. Knowing it would flip to flat, and not over turn has really helped my game.

For me recent Neutron Waves have a stronger, earlier fade that robs distance. Somewhat useful when I need to skip around things, but that's not a shot shape I need very often in the woods.

Sadly, I have also been losing distance lately. I wish I could blame the discs but it is 100% me, so I have been shifting to slower drivers anyway (Insanity, Inertia, TL3, etc.).

But the Waves were different before I started falling apart. 🤷‍♂️