• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Translate these molds to MVP/Axiom help please

I need to spend some more time with the Zenith, the one I borrowed was pretty used and didn't like as much power as I feel like it should.

It's funny. Even James didn't have it in his last in the bag. I rather like the Plasma Zenith. It's a little longer than my Photon but never in danger of turning over like a Wave can. Really good on forehand as well.
James had it in his bag about a year ago promoting it playing rounds with Perkins and I think O'Connor, but don't remember seeing him use it afterwards. I think the Zenith is a better wind disc than the Photon.

I need to spend some more time with the Zenith, the one I borrowed was pretty used and didn't like as much power as I feel like it should.
That too, it just doesn't seem to be getting the distance I expected. Like it's slumbering down Fairway.

Hmmm that tesla might be worthwhile as a thrower, I've seen some 160g ish ones with the pdga 100,000 members stamp and the older teslas are legit. Teslas are awesome.

Oh geez, it's gotta be tough on these guys when they don't bag their own signature discs bahahaha.

Another thought since Photons tend to start a little bit more OS than most Wraiths, Glow Waves are generally fairly stable and I am finding them to be quite a bit like a fresh star wraith of similar weight. Then you can compliment with a neutron/cosmic neutron wave in your maya and shryke spot as well.

Lift may be one of your best dynasty comparisons. The dynasty is the old CD2 isn't it? I like em, my glow being a touch more stable than most CD2 and neutron being like the good swirly S line CD2s... (no direct dynasty experience)

Do you hyzerflip your mirage to shape shots too? Or do you like throwing it soft and hold the line you put it on? Spin can be your flip up turn flippy shot shaper, glitch if you want something to throw soft and hold a line.

I understand wanting benchmarks that match your old bag when trying new stuff, but it usually leaves new bags seeming to lack luster. I prefer to phrase the question "This is the types of discs I tend to throw, what should I try?" Then approach the new stuff with an open mind, probably more minimal than your previous bag and fill the gaps later. Try some flagships and work from there.

Looking at your bag I would probably build something like:

Glow Wave
Fission Wave
(if you end up liking them try a neutron or proton for in between)

Lift

A couple flavors of Crave and Volt

Resistor
Hex
Uplink

Deflector
Envy
Spin

James had it in his bag about a year ago promoting it playing rounds with Perkins and I think O'Connor, but don't remember seeing him use it afterwards. I think the Zenith is a better wind disc than the Photon.

I've seen 1 person throwing the Zenith.
I threw it.
No thanks.

I'm not sure what the concept was designing the disc, but... It either didn't meet the concept and MVP screwed up molding it.
Or it was a situational disc that MVP didn't have in their line up that pro players generally want, but us mere mortals cant handle.

Firebird is a resistor, but if you OH a lot than a fission fireball at a lower weight is money, huge distance! The motion is better for me on a FH, but i can't get a fireball to go anywhere, might as well toss a mid haha.

you're crazy. hahaha.
Resistor is a 6 speed!

Firebird is a motion. beat in firebird is a fireball. =)

you're crazy. hahaha.
Resistor is a 6 speed!

Firebird is a motion. beat in firebird is a fireball. =)
Motion gave me my best shot of the past weekend. I generally favor more neutral flights, but it's an absolute thing of beauty when called upon.
Alright, that's my bad.
I missed that they did another run of them.

They were limited release before.
No worries. Just chiming in as a bulwark against the madness. 100% on board with you directionally. We can get wrapped up in an instant and convinced that only one frisbee will do. As for me I can shoot +1 any hole, any disc, any time.

We can get wrapped up in an instant and convinced that only one frisbee will do. As for me I can shoot +1 any hole, any disc, any time.

The greatness behind what you just said is spectacular.
Not only for the fact at how hung up people can get on a disc.
how hung up people can get on a disc cause a pro throws it.
But... Yeah.

I have the advantage, at least in mvp, of throwing far far far molds/plastics than the average MVP player, or even a more collector level MVP fan. I had it all. But I also collect. .. so yeah
You can get a bit derp in the price stuff sometimes. And the market is so weird right now.

Motion gave me my best shot of the past weekend. I generally favor more neutral flights, but it's an absolute thing of beauty when called upon.

The Inertia core line is really the best lineup MVP has to offer to be honest.

Lets line em up!

Virus<Impulse<Insanity<Inertia<Wrath<Tesla<Fireball<Motion

If we wanna be outright fair on the Inertia core lineup of discs, if you have one of each of these, you have EVERYTHING covered in a 9/10 speed control driver aspect. The hand feel is going to be the same, the flights are going to cover all the flights. its all there.
And its literally the best line up of discs MVP has to offer.

To many people get hung up on the volt for... I really have no clue. It's... not that good. Does it work? Yes. But... there is better, It's called the Tesla. Volt is actually one of MVP's most unreliable flights from molding. They have changed it so much trying to get it to do what it was supposed to... Which if you throw a Shock. that's how the volt was supposed to fly. But... They kept the volt, and OOPed the superior shock. DOH!

I got me a proton motion, these are pretty rare lab seconds.
And its SOOO nice to have a proper OG flying motion in my bag again.
The newer ones are not as overstable and its really annoying.

Motions are cool, Fireballs can be too, but the Flare… Flare is life.

More filthy beef than the dumpster behind McDonald's.

Motions are cool, Fireballs can be too, but the Flare… Flare is life.

More filthy beef than the dumpster behind McDonald's.
That one i sent you is filthy beefy.

Ole flat top first run.

If I'm throwing my flare,s I"m throwing my protons. They are usable. hahaha.

That one i sent you is filthy beefy.

Ole flat top first run.

If I'm throwing my flare,s I"m throwing my protons. They are usable. hahaha.
I've only thrown it once but it's ideal flying, perfect replacement for the first run I lost in the river at Goat Island.

Are the L2? I've only ever seen like 2 protons. I have all the neutron variants and eclipse.

I've only thrown it once but it's ideal flying, perfect replacement for the first run I lost in the river at Goat Island.

Are the L2? I've only ever seen like 2 protons. I have all the neutron variants and eclipse.

All the protons are lab seconds, yes. I got 2 greens and a purple.
Then I have a blue SE stamp left.
I think ramaskus did it? I duno, its got the pretty jet plane on it, i like it and its such a pretty blue.

So I have picked up pretty much all the molds recommended above. I am going to go with a slow phase in process over the season instead of trying to learn a whole new bag in the 3 weeks until first tournament this year. I have moved to electron proxy for putting and am loving that. I have always wanted to putt with a shallow mold with pretty neutral flight and this does that for me. I did do a round of field work with all gyro last Friday and the discs which impressed me the most were a 170g fission rhythm, cosmic plasma inertia, plasma and proton wave. I also have moved a proton and neutron envy, along with a neutron watt into my regular bag and all served me very well in first scored round of year on Saturday. The watt seems to really hold the line I put in on and works well for anny approaches.
I am going to have a hard time letting go of the seasoned halo hawkeye (fd) I have but the rhythm seems to be very close to it. I believe I will have the rhythm, inertia and one of the waves in the bag to start the season. I can see where my plasma octane could slot into my gstar charger slot. I also picked up a tantrum which seems to slot into the shryke slot. I think I may also go with a mid lineup of uplink, hex, reactor and pyro (and neutron entropy but I see it as a very fast OS putter). More to come...

Did you get a crave to try? I am curious to how that Rhythm compared for you if you did. Typically I think of craves as flippier than a rhythm but I have thrown 1 rhythm and a dozen craves (and some of those craves are definitely more stable than the Rhythm I threw)