• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Translate these molds to MVP/Axiom help please

gammaxgoblin

Eagle Member
Seeking help from those very familiar with MVP/Axoim in helping me match up flights with the discs below. All help appreciated!

Innova CG star wraith
Gstar Shryke
Infinite Maya
Mellow Firebird
Infinite Dynasty
Innova hawkeye / Old DM FD
L64 Fury
L64 River
L64 Maul
Innova Roc3
Innova Toro
Innova Mirage

Seeking help from those very familiar with MVP/Axoim in helping me match up flights with the discs below. All help appreciated!

Innova CG star wraith
Gstar Shryke
Infinite Maya
Mellow Firebird
Infinite Dynasty
L64 Fury
L64 River
L64 Maul
Innova Roc3
Innova Toro
Innova Mirage
I have thrown three of those. IMO.

Star Wraith matches with a Neutron Photon. I currently have a pink color Star Wraith for leaf season and boxed my dead leaf color Photon.

Gstar Shryke with a Fission Wave. I'm going to be picking up a Fission Octane and expect it to match up with my Wave for stronger down wind, but more stable for the wind. I do have a Gstar Shryke comparing it with my seasoned Star Shryke for strong wind.

Roc3 with a Neutron Reactor and Proton Matrix. I prefer the Reactor.

Last edited:

Innova CG star wraith
Gstar Shryke
Infinite Maya
Mellow Firebird
Infinite Dynasty
L64 Fury
L64 River
L64 Maul
Innova Roc3
Innova Toro
Innova Mirage
Go man go!

I can't speak specifically to a lot of those molds since I've been on the gyro train for so long but... that won't stop me haha.

The wraith is tough, I was a surge guy and the trace is a surge. However I'd say fission octane couple grams under your wraith weight and see where that goes. They are nice. I throw 155 fission octanes as my wave complement, get a fission and a neutron.

Wave could be shryke country, again go fission (midweight?) for flippy and max weight Neutron for stable. A fission wave at a lighter weight may do mirage things.

Maya and L64 sorry no clue. Personally I pair up with a couple teslas for good stable distance, plasma or a neutron. Fission is nice but there's some death bomb stable high plh 155g out there that just ain't right. Neutron is good for shorter OH.

River I never got on with, probably something like a relay or crave. My fairways are 3x rhythms right now, light Fission, 160g flat and heavy neutron.

Firebird is a resistor, but if you OH a lot than a fission fireball at a lower weight is money, huge distance! The motion is better for me on a FH, but i can't get a fireball to go anywhere, might as well toss a mid haha.

Roc3 is probably reactor country. A hex is a broken in Buzzz. I use a 155 fission reactor for easy s mid stuff. A hex is more straight laser or subtle turn.

Anyhow if i was building a bag molds I like or of note.. most stable to least
Mayhem, fireball, octane, tesla, resistor, volt, wave, crave, rhythm, relay. Reactor, hex, uplink.

Last edited:

Innova CG star wraith
Gstar Shryke
Infinite Maya
Mellow Firebird
Infinite Dynasty
L64 Fury
L64 River
L64 Maul
Innova Roc3
Innova Toro
Innova Mirage
CG Star is flippier than most, so you'll want a Neutron Trace if you're open to Streamline, otherwise go with a Fisson or Plasma Photon.
Tenacity or Plasma Catalyst.
Orbital or Plasma/Fission Wave.
Terra, the 9s are way too OS and the Resistor is way slower. An overstable Tesla or Wrath might work.
Rhythm, unless it's an overstable Hawkeye, then beat in a Volt.
idk Fury
Not really a good River-like disc, maybe a Virus or Impulse could work, less glidey but faster.
Virus might work for Maul.
Nothing that really feels remotely similar except maybe Pyro. Pyro flies like a faster RocX3, though. Could go Hex for somewhat similar feel if it's a straight Roc3, otherwise Matrix/Reactor (totally different feel though).
Cosmic Neutron Entropy.
Spin or for a shallower feel a beat up Electron Proxy.

I've summarized the feedback so far. Bold is some consensus, underline is discs I already have. Thank you all, this gives me a great base to work from. Any US speed 8-10 discs for that fury slot?

Innova CG star wraith > Neutron Trace OR Fisson or Plasma Photon / Fission Octane (lighter) ((More OS wraith > Neutron Photon))
Gstar Shryke > Tenacity or Plasma Catalyst / Fission Wave (flippy), Neutron Wave (stable)
Infinite Maya > Orbital or Plasma/Fission Wave
Mellow Firebird > Terra (An overstable Tesla or Wrath might work) / Resistor
Infinite Dynasty (CD) > Volt (beat in)
Innova hawkeye / Old DM FD > Rhythm / Volt (beat in)
L64 Fury - ???
L64 River - Virus or impulse / Relay or Crave
L64 Maul - Virus
Innova Roc3 > Pryo / Martix / Reactor (fission)
Buzz > Hex
Innova Toro > Cosmic Neutron Entropy
Innova Mirage > Electron Proxy (beat in)
----------------------------------------------------------
Tesla (plasma or neutron / stable distance)
----------------------------------------------------------
I already bag Uplink for US mid
Aviar3 > Plasma and neutron Envy/Proxy
Yeti Aviar > Electron Envy (I have wanted to putt with envys for a long time, want shallower feel, also tinkering with pures)

I still don't know what rivers are supposed to do haha, my couple were stable at the time.. but there's a decent difference between a virus, impulse, relay and crave haha. They all look close on paper. If you grabbed a few of the bolded ones it would be a good baseline for moving to more or less weight, more or less stable within the company. It all becomes more relevant.

@gammaxgoblin how far do you throw? That might help and do you play in a lot of wind? At elevation?

If you have the arm I think the Terra is produced more consistent than whichever run of volt. I've got some fr pp volts and they're pretty different from the different stock runs (teebird like), I also had a beefy cosmic volt that would make a firebird cry because it's more understable... but a good volt is amazing. Personally after trying fission volts (not as good as a neutron in the wind) I went tesla. A nice neutron tesla in your weight is a great disc, good distance good wind resistance and depending on the stability a consistent shaper or short thumber disc.

I'd look at the ones you have a recurring consensus with regardless of the slot, pick up the mainstays like I see virus, wave, octane bolded that would be a solid distance lineup unless you need more beef. Pick a couple and throw em and get a baseline. Many times people should drop 3 or 4g from their regular weight to get the most out of mvp unless you are a solid power thrower. Low 170s can be a good starting weight if you are a max weight kinda person. I love their light discs they do 155-165g really well, they still don't flip like regular discs if you throw em nose up.

The wave is a must try for any player throwing 375' or less.

The electron envy is very proxy like with a month or so of use, mine are straight shapers, extra glide, minimal fade, similar feel.

You can find lots of posts about me ranting about rhythms, decent turn, little fade, fairly forgiving with good glide. As a 300' or less thrower they have become a mainstay in my bag. I can get an extra 30' with something like a wave but I like always being in the fairway.

Innova CG star wraith-Trace is close if need gyro Plasma Photon
Gstar Shryke- Plasma Mayhem
Mellow Firebird- Neutron Fireball
Infinite Dynasty-Fission Volt
Innova hawkeye / Old DM FD- This in between Fission Volt and Neutron Crave
Innova Roc3- Proton Matrix
Innova Toro- they don't really have this, Entropy is closest
Innova Mirage- Neutron Spin

Took out the flippy discs, I really don't know about those.

And there's the big arm weighing in...

Hmmm I looked up the numbers on the shryke. Weird my friends always made it sound less stable. Mayhem is awesome, also I can't throw it, but almost, too fast for me haha. It just screams surge 2.0!!!

And I totally support the Spin, really underated approach disc. It's like a Paradox but less goofy, putts great on a flip up hyzer. I'm not familiar with the new runs, I stockpiled some 165g protons, haven't been quite as enamored with the new ones, but I only tried an r2 174 and some Electrons. My 167g Sparkle proton is a consistent stroke saver.

Last edited:
And there's the big arm weighing in...

Hmmm I looked up the numbers on the shryke. Weird my friends always made it sound less stable. Mayhem is awesome, also I can't throw it, but almost, too fast for me haha. It just screams surge 2.0!!!

And I totally support the Spin, really underated approach disc. It's like a Paradox but less goofy, putts great on a flip up hyzer. I'm not familiar with the new runs, I stockpiled some 165g protons, haven't been quite as enamored with the new ones, but I only tried an r2 174 and some Electrons. My 167g Sparkle proton is a consistent stroke saver.
The G* beats into a flip machine but they aren't crazy understable to start. I've had stable mayhems and some that are less so. The current one I have has a good bit of turn.

Awesome man, you are a good dude to weigh in. I really like the Mayhem. I think it's something solid, got a few 167g plasma yellows, one with a local island disc golf ts stamp I'd love to be throwing. It's either that or a tesla for me in the wind, still surprised by the shryke, but then again the old(er) local fella i watch/ play with that throws it so easily got 3rd or 4th I think in the world's (maybe MA50 is that a class, haha I should pay more attention).

Anyhow thanks moose 🫎 I'm gonna be watching his lines different now, f n older guys throwing my plastic further than me...

Hey Gammaxgoblin you get some fresh plastic yet or what?

I've been thinking about it...I'm about a month away from starting to throw again, rehabbing some injuries. I've looked at a few sites, and created some carts full of discs based on yall's feedback. Any favorite online retailers you all use or like for gyro purchases? I think I may work on phasing in these molds over the season, im sure ill have lots of tourney credits to use up.

BUT! I just opened up a box of discs I bought with accumulated credits before they expired, its been sitting in my office for a couple months and I have a nice new neutron Watt and orbital along with a plasma wave. I have 5 other discs, I may see if I can exchange them for some more gyro.

The more I think about, as I build my gyro bag from existing stock I have this to start:

e, n, p envy
e proxy
n watt

eclipse hex
neutron uplink

p crave
p volt

plasma wave
cosmic n wave
n orbital
cosmic n photon
p relativity

Then Ill add in (based on recs) neutron trace, light fission octane, fission wave, terra, rhythm, rhythm, virus, fission reactor, cosmic neutron entropy. I had more gyro then I realized....maybe there is more lurking in the backstock lol

Last edited:
Awesome man, you are a good dude to weigh in. I really like the Mayhem. I think it's something solid, got a few 167g plasma yellows, one with a local island disc golf ts stamp I'd love to be throwing. It's either that or a tesla for me in the wind, still surprised by the shryke, but then again the old(er) local fella i watch/ play with that throws it so easily got 3rd or 4th I think in the world's (maybe MA50 is that a class, haha I should pay more attention).

Anyhow thanks moose 🫎 I'm gonna be watching his lines different now, f n older guys throwing my plastic further than me...

Hey Gammaxgoblin you get some fresh plastic yet or what?
Always happy to weigh in on things I know about. Is the moose new I haven't seen it! 🫎

I don't know the moose just popped up.

I've been thinking about it...I'm about a month away from starting to throw again, rehabbing some injuries. I've looked at a few sites, and created some carts full of discs based on yall's feedback. Any favorite online retailers you all use or like for gyro purchases? I think I may work on phasing in these molds over the season, im sure ill have lots of tourney credits to use up.

BUT! I just opened up a box of discs I bought with accumulated credits before they expired, its been sitting in my office for a couple months and I have a nice new neutron Watt and orbital along with a plasma wave. I have 5 other discs, I may see if I can exchange them for some more gyro.

The more I think about, as I build my gyro bag from existing stock I have this to start:

e, n, p envy
e proxy
n watt

eclipse hex
neutron uplink

p crave
p volt

plasma wave
cosmic n wave
n orbital
cosmic n photon
p relativity

Then Ill add in (based on recs) neutron trace, light fission octane, fission wave, terra, rhythm, rhythm, virus, fission reactor, cosmic neutron entropy. I had more gyro then I realized....maybe there is more lurking in the backstock lol
Well your Backstock looks like staples I've thrown or use right now. I identify as a 300' thrower, if I was closing gaps on what I use...

Maybe a spin but if you work that uplink or watt it's not necessary Mayne pick up a glitch..

If something is missing in the mid department decide whether it's more or less stable, if it's in between it's a reactor maybe a detour but I haven't got one yet... solid mid lineup as is. The hex is mildly redundant with a pile of envys unless 30 extra feet is key.

Fairways, pretty good relay or rhythm like you mentioned x2 haha might fill in. But crave volt are solid and maybe redundant but depends how either flies.

Your distance drivers have a large chance of being goofy 🤪 within their runs, could be anything. The cosmic wave might be a strong contender unless it's real heavy and real stable but with the Plasma could be a 1 2 punch. The plasma should be a consistent baseline flight for advice. If you can't bridge the gap to photon a 155g fission octane is what I use, used to like fission photons. And... then you're out of my speed range.

Either way great starting line up!!

I don't know the moose just popped up.

Well your Backstock looks like staples I've thrown or use right now. I identify as a 300' thrower, if I was closing gaps on what I use...

Maybe a spin but if you work that uplink or watt it's not necessary Mayne pick up a glitch..

If something is missing in the mid department decide whether it's more or less stable, if it's in between it's a reactor maybe a detour but I haven't got one yet... solid mid lineup as is. The hex is mildly redundant with a pile of envys unless 30 extra feet is key.

Fairways, pretty good relay or rhythm like you mentioned x2 haha might fill in. But crave volt are solid and maybe redundant but depends how either flies.

Your distance drivers have a large chance of being goofy 🤪 within their runs, could be anything. The cosmic wave might be a strong contender unless it's real heavy and real stable but with the Plasma could be a 1 2 punch. The plasma should be a consistent baseline flight for advice. If you can't bridge the gap to photon a 155g fission octane is what I use, used to like fission photons. And... then you're out of my speed range.

Either way great starting line up!!
Thanks! I have a bit of natural hyzer release and have really taken to liking to shape shots with flippier discs. Im probably about 325-350'....a little more when I catch it just right and am uninjured. I know the cosmic n photon I have is very OS for me....meathook. I don't like the relativity I have either, its unpredictable to me.

I have some older, patent pending, bigger injection mold areas closer to the center overmolds. All of them have been thrown at some point. Do they have any collector value at this point? They are:

Proton Amp

Proton Volt

Neutron Tesla

Proton Relativity

Plasma Proxy

Neuton Envy

Anything of value here I might want to leave in the boxes of unbagged discs for value reasons?

Unlikely unless they are good stamps... like the Nikolai Tesla thrown will still get $70, amp might get $40 just because there is some weirdness going on out there haha bunch of folks suddenly looking for OOPs. As far as throwers go, the Volt could be amazing! The amp, envy and proxy are probably good, also the ones I would think would be worth the most? The old plasma proxy might fetch a few extra bucks just for the plastic type... but I don't watch the auction pages down there.

Unlikely unless they are good stamps... like the Nikolai Tesla thrown will still get $70, amp might get $40 just because there is some weirdness going on out there haha bunch of folks suddenly looking for OOPs. As far as throwers go, the Volt could be amazing! The amp, envy and proxy are probably good, also the ones I would think would be worth the most? The old plasma proxy might fetch a few extra bucks just for the plastic type... but I don't watch the auction pages down there.
Nah, Im not a stamp kinda guy. The volt and amp are blanks, don't appear to have ever been stamped and wiped. The tesla is a pdga member disc. Proxy is stock stamp.

On another note, the Zenith doesn't seem to get a lot of love, any particular reason. I imagine it was James's wraith replacement?

Nah, Im not a stamp kinda guy. The volt and amp are blanks, don't appear to have ever been stamped and wiped. The tesla is a pdga member disc. Proxy is stock stamp.

On another note, the Zenith doesn't seem to get a lot of love, any particular reason. I imagine it was James's wraith replacement?
It's funny. Even James didn't have it in his last in the bag. I rather like the Plasma Zenith. It's a little longer than my Photon but never in danger of turning over like a Wave can. Really good on forehand as well.

Latest posts