• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Essential MVP molds - building a bag.

Would agree with that, the Mayhem might be the one exception. Those will flip and run if you get a domey one.

I've enjoyed the Mayhem, what little I've thrown of it.

Stuff like the Relativity and Octane need to be thrown hard. The Relativity is all or nothing. If you don't get it turned, the disc stalls out short. If you turn it even a hair too much the disc flips hard. However, when you find the magical window of effectiveness the Relativity is one of the longest molds I've thrown.

The Mayhem is less finicky. The Mayhem I've been toying with lately is going 450'+ consistently.

The Mayhem is definitely something I'd like to have the juice to throw, I love the rim and the flight very Nuke"y" and Force'y (the broken in 1st run ESP kind). Currently I only use it in severe wind..

... to reiterate upon further thinking..

Envy/Proxy. Volt/ Relay play for a month.. If there's any discs that will blow your mind these is thems.

Maybe get a Wave maybe a Photon or Mayhem but wait and see what's missing... that's a solid 4-5 disc bag if you have a fission Volt too.

The Mayhem is definitely something I'd like to have the juice to throw, I love the rim and the flight very Nuke"y" and Force'y (the broken in 1st run ESP kind). Currently I only use it in severe wind..

... to reiterate upon further thinking..

Envy/Proxy. Volt/ Relay play for a month.. If there's any discs that will blow your mind these is thems.

Maybe get a Wave maybe a Photon or Mayhem but wait and see what's missing... that's a solid 4-5 disc bag if you have a fission Volt too.

Yep. And if your Volt is too OS or difficult to throw try a Crave. I really enjoy the Crave. Feel like I can pin that thing wherever I want when I hyzer in with it.

If you want to single company, then go for it. MVP/Axiom discs can make some nice looking discs. It is your money and your hobby, not anyone else's.

From my experience, I can confirm that the Atom is good for putting and the Envy is a great driving putter. I am happy with the Matrix as a smaller diameter Buzzz. The Relay does what a Leopard(3) does. Like others I use the Resistor as my OS fairway since I honestly don't have Firebird power. My Plasma Volt is straight like a TL and my Proton Volt works like a T3. Finally, the Fission Telsa I have (161g) is a very versatile disc as it will hold many different lines.

So you got your Envy/Proxy then I would go Pyro for a headless Gator type mid, Crave covers that stable/understable fairway, throw in a Flare or Motion depending on how much beefy you want(I go Flare all day it's a beeftastic disc) grab a Wave for the Shryke slot and maybe a Matrix or a Photon to cover some lines.

That is basically one run on sentence, sorry.

Ahhh, so it's your alt account. ;)

Get a 150 class Motion. Crazy how much beef they have but still able for us sub 400' players to get up to speed.

Electron atoms for putting and throwing if you prefer needless otherwise I'd say try an ohm. Atoms are straight and long, and if you pair with an entropy you've also got beefy os midrange covered.

The matrix in proton and a couple in electron at different stages of wear basically covers everything midrange. The reactor has a lot more distance and glide, great workhorse mid but can be squirrelly in the wind. I have one in between my proton and beaten to hell electron matrix but a fresher e matrix would do similar things.

Fairway is easy just buy a crave and a relay and call it a day. Both will go 350+ but the crave is reliably straight and the relay a woods demon. I'm loving the eclipse crave currently.

OS Drivers my recommendation is a plasma fireball or motion, fireball being a bit more meethook OS and motion will fly a straight line longer before eventually dumping which I find less ideal in the utility OS slot. Power down well enough you shouldn't need a resistor or anything else between it and the entropy, nothing a proton matrix cant deal with anyway.

For a distance driver I'd go with the Tesla. With the plastic and weight options it can basically do everything from near fireball OS to flippy. A max weight domey proton, a 165 neutron and a 150ish fission would probably be all the driver youd ever need.

Otherwise if you need something a bit faster or prefer complimentary molds I'd go tesla/insanity(or inertia) or photon/vanish for the faster side of things.

The Virus is a bomber in tailwind and a great roller disc if you need one.

If you want something in the 13+ speed category I'd say the mayhem is the way to go. Faster than that its Dimension/excite all day for me.