• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Dyes?

Deadshot Jack

Hey all, I tried the search function and couldn't find anything, has anyone tried to dye MVP discs yet? If so, which plastic is best? I would think Nuetron, from what I've read on here, but I 've never actually tried to dye discs yet, so I don't have any experience to base that on. Thanks!

I don't dye discs but there are many examples of dyed MVP discs on this site. Check out the Dye a day thread. MVP plastics dye very well and are popular with dyers. An advantage to using MVP is that they sell blank discs specifically for disc dyeing and custom stamping.

Hey all, I tried the search function and couldn't find anything, has anyone tried to dye MVP discs yet? If so, which plastic is best? I would think Nuetron, from what I've read on here, but I 've never actually tried to dye discs yet, so I don't have any experience to base that on. Thanks!

all MVP discs dye awesomely.... I'd say they dye a about the same, but the blank whites take all colors amazingly

Both Neutron and Proton are great for dyeing. Neutron takes the colour a little faster and more faithfully in my experience. White Neutron and UV blue/clear Proton are pretty much the ideal dyeing plastics, but I've had success on pretty much every mvp disc I've dyed.

Here's a Neutron Anode that got seven colours of Rit and iDye Poly. It always blows my mind how well yellow dye takes.
xfUsYl.jpg

And, since I'm shamelessly posting my favorite dyes, here is my favorite Proton disc I've dyed (also an Anode).
9Xjhyl.jpg

Like BigSky said, they make blank ones expressly for dyeing/stamping. Stamps come off easy for Neutron plastic (you can see the ghost stamp on that Cyril Sneer), but aren't worth trying to remove from Proton.

Where do you buy the blank discs? I found the .pdf on their website to order factory misprints and wholesale, but can't seem to find info on blank discs.

You should be able to request blank discs directly from MVP if you order their 32 disc minimum from them.

Marshall Street also sells blanks online, among others.

^^^ Ahh, got beat to the punch...

Justin at community discs usually has blanks as well. I am very impressed with his service. Best deal in my opinion

Here's another awesome example of dying on MVP stuff (Credit goes to the brainwave Guru)

549124_222190234579131_1223452587_n.jpg

Also, MrBeelzy, LOVE that Big Poe dye on the yellow MVP :thmbup:

Both Neutron and Proton are great for dyeing. Neutron takes the colour a little faster and more faithfully in my experience. White Neutron and UV blue/clear Proton are pretty much the ideal dyeing plastics, but I've had success on pretty much every mvp disc I've dyed.

Here's a Neutron Anode that got seven colours of Rit and iDye Poly. It always blows my mind how well yellow dye takes.
xfUsYl.jpg

And, since I'm shamelessly posting my favorite dyes, here is my favorite Proton disc I've dyed (also an Anode).
9Xjhyl.jpg

Like BigSky said, they make blank ones expressly for dyeing/stamping. Stamps come off easy for Neutron plastic (you can see the ghost stamp on that Cyril Sneer), but aren't worth trying to remove from Proton.
that second one it absolutely awesome!

:D:hfive:

Thanks a lot for the info, guys! I guess if I can't afford to get 32 at a time, I will order a bundle of the factory misprints and just wipe the stamps. For $100/10 discs, you can't beat the price, even though you can't pick the discs.

Also, what's the most common method for multi-colored dyes? Multiple identical stencils? I have very little artistic ability, so airbrushing is OUT for me!

One hitch with Dying Proton

If you get any oils on the plastic you are trying to dye, the dye will not take at all. I had read this somewhere prior to starting the attached dye, so I took extra time washing it and still didn't get all the oil off. His hair was much worse the first dip but I got a little more dye to take with some scrubbing. In part of the letters you can even see my finger print. As a last ditch attempt to get it all dark I left it in over night with the heat off but saw no difference come morning.

Attachments

• Hulk.jpg
    Hulk.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Hulk (2).jpg
    Hulk (2).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 37
Also. Most MVP stamps are horrible to remove. You want to go with unstamped discs if at all possible.

Also. Most MVP stamps are horrible to remove. You want to go with unstamped discs if at all possible.

What do you mean? Difficult? Or that they don't remove cleanly? I can handle a bit of work to get it off, but not if it doesn't come all the way off.

Latest posts