• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Feedback Thread - We would love to hear from you.

MVP_Steve

Yo - I wanted to talk with you about MVP, Axiom, and Streamline.

We are always trying to improve our products and push the sport forward, and we would love to hear from you.

I know filling out surveys can suck, and a lot of the time a sliding scale, or picking out bullet points really doesn't cut it when it comes to giving accurate feedback.

So I want to just talk to you about it.

What do you like about our:

• Discs
  • Do you like the plastic?
  • How does the rim feel?
  • Domey? Flat? Preference?
  • What would you like to see next? (Yes, we know about the OS Mid/Puttersoon™ )

• Bags
  • Are they too heavy?
  • Do they hit you in the wrong spot?
  • What would you like to see changed?
  • Do you prefer the Big Voyager Pro? Or the Slim?
  • What do you like the most/least?

Accessories - What do you like, or would want to see updated?

If there was an accessory you could get, what would you want?
Anything Else?

Seriously - What would you want more of?
Less of?

This is your time to tell me what you want, or hate, or love about MVP/Axiom/Streamline - and I really would like to hear about it.

Appreciate it.

I'll play! I like the line of MVP/Axiom discs. I carry a few, but can't pull the trigger on carrying a whole bag's worth. I carried an Ion for a while but wanted something a little more overstable to throw hard on approaches.

I also carry all my discs in the Voyager Pro backpack, and have been doing so since March (just over 70 rounds). I've found it to be very durable and comfortable. It's a liiiittle heavy, but only after playing for a couple rounds. That's not a big deal, because I could just carry less. The main thing I just can't believe sometimes is how, after being loaded with discs, it get's a pretty front heavy. I can put it on just a very slight incline, and it rocks forward and all the discs spill out (forward being the way that makes discs spill out, if you guys call the front the other part). I don't know if there's a way to put something on the front bottom of that section to lean the discs back, or maybe just making that section shorter (it's waaaay taller than the discs that go in it, and the spacious top compartment could easily be lowered without sacrificing any volume). But I do love the bag, and have found much more convenient than the old swim bag I've been using since high school.

Oh I also have a Black Hole Practice Basket! It's great when set up, but if I take it out, the screw assembly for the main pole to the stand is a pain to continuously take apart and reassemble, either for transport to make it lighter as we carry it through the woods. And as I'm sure you've heard, black is hard to see from a distance. But it is one of the best practice baskets I have seen when it's assembled.

Keep up the good work!

I just want to say that I'm a big fan of the atom in soft electron plastic. I make more long putts with that putter than any other putter I've used. I'm a spin putter who puts flat and hard and I like how it goes dead straight. I get asked all the time what putter I'm using.

As far as your bags go, I don't really keep up on them but a buddy of mine got one as a gift, the one that's similar to the fade tourney bag, and I have to say that was a total fail. As soon as he loaded it up with discs the bottom bowed tremendously. If you're going to make a bag that can hold that many discs you need to install a firm bottom so it doesn't bow.

Overall I think you're doing a good job with your products, your minis are pretty badass.

Bigger shirts.:D

In all seriousness, after previous talks with a couple shop owners, There are a couple things I think that could help. Do you guys have a buy back plan yet? There are just some colors, especially with the axiom line, that do not sell around here, and a buy back program could help the shops move more inventory when some unwanted colors come in. Which brings me to my next idea. That pea soup green rim color is just :gross:. One of the local shops had at one point 5 of these in the same mold(clashes I think), He couldn't sell them for nothing. Maybe people in the desert would like them but not with our woody courses. You should just discontinue it, lol.

Also, proton plastic. It needs to be more vivid with some of the colors. The green and yellow are usually bright but some of the other colors are rather dull. Also, with the eclipse plastic, can you guys add glow material to the stamps to make them have more glowing area?

Last edited:
my favorite thing is the stamps (non-stock); the art/artists used are great & one of the reasons i've tried some of the molds.

I still prefer star plastic over neutron, but I'm unsure why other than it just feels better (maybe the overmold rim, maybe I just have always preferred star).
I like a flat disc for overstable, and domey for the long distance glide.

I guess I should say is it possible to add glow material to the stamps?

Glowing area...LOL man my ADD comes up with some odd sentences sometimes...

I like a flat disc for overstable, and domey for the long distance glide.

^This. Very OS discs should flat or near flat. I happened to find a nitro that was noticeably less domey than the others in the stack. It feels much better for FH shots than the domey one my friend has.

What do you like about our:

• Discs
  • Do you like the plastic? Yes
  • How does the rim feel? Fine
  • Domey? Flat? Preference? Depends. For distance, dome. For OS or placement, flat.
  • What would you like to see next? (Yes, we know about the OS Mid/Puttersoon™ )

Answers above. While I don't throw exclusively MVP/Axiom, I have a lots of molds. My only real gripe would be the Axiom models described as being a worn_____ not actually flying that way. There also seems to be room for discs on either side of the Wave.

I'd like to see more from Streamline; it feels like they are being neglected. Only 3 discs after a couple of years is disappointing. I've seen threads about mvp players either being told or agreeing to not throwing Streamline. If that's true, I would think that would be a pretty big problem for their brand.

I pretty much carry a full bag of MVP/Axiom (can't get rid of my Leopard, my Blizzard Boss, or my Hornet yet!), AND I have the Nucleus bag. I love the discs, but I REALLY want a beefy midrange. I'm going to give the Vector a shot this year, but I'm not sure it's what I am looking for. I like my bag - I've never had a backpack bag, because I really didn't want to spend the money on one, and once I got the more comfortable straps the Nucleus was fine for me (plus I got it on a great sale lol).

I'd love to see the citrus minis make a comeback, just because I can't justify paying $10 on one at auction. Maybe one of those mini clipboards or something like that - you could put them in the player packs for the Circuit events.

Overall, you guys are doing a good job. Out of the group of 6 of us that play together, 5 of us bag the Envy. I would put it near the Comet as being the best disc ever!

Having said that, the lack of glide on your mid-range discs keep them out of my bag. The Comet and Wasp rule there.

Bring back firm plastic. I will no longer buy Neutron or Proton plastic as they are both way too soft. Discraft is getting more spots in my bag for no reason other than I can get firm discs from them.

I throw a very mixed bag (hence the sig line), but can't imagine my bag without the Fission Volt. It's probably the disc I throw off the tee most often. IMO, Fission's the best lightweight plastic out there because its stability is roughly the same as the other plastics. I'd like to see more molds that use it.

It would also be cool to see more special stamps on your discs. I like having different-looking discs, but the only options I had for my Fission Volts and my Envy are stock stamps (I did pick up two 1616 Insanities). I at least have the option of different stamps on other companies' discs I bag.

I looked long and hard at an Axiom Pro basket, but ultimately went another direction because of a sale. Still love those though.

I would have been all over an inexpensive, DD Trooper style bag from MVP or Axiom (especially if it came in the wide variety of colors Axiom provides with their other products).

I just want to know why it seems impossible for over-mold discs to have some dome.

Every single MVP or Axiom disc I have thrown have been completely board flat. And since I don't really like that, I have never bagged any over-mold discs.

I assume there's a real, physical reason why this isn't possible, but maybe not? Maybe MVP just really likes flat stuff?

I just want to know why it seems impossible for over-mold discs to have some dome.

Every single MVP or Axiom disc I have thrown have been completely board flat. And since I don't really like that, I have never bagged any over-mold discs.

I assume there's a real, physical reason why this isn't possible, but maybe not? Maybe MVP just really likes flat stuff?

The two higher speed classes are almost too domey...

This is a nitro. Something between a beefy destroyer and a boss. scroll down to the profile diagram.

http://mvpdiscsports.com/disc-golf-disc-models/nitro-disc-golf-distance-driver

Last edited:
Here's a fun story- I was playing with a newbie, and had been letting her throw my valk since that's a pretty go-to beginner disc. She was doing pretty well for a first timer, but was having a hard time getting up and over 100ft. On a whim, I handed her an Amp I keep in my bag and she immediately popped 125ft, and then up to 150ft soon after. So now she has one of her own!

Firstly, thanks for asking!

What would I like to see next?

There is a substantial gap between stable-understable drivers and stable-overstable distance drivers. Examples: Wave to Photon/Defy; and Inertia to Tesla/Wrath. If you develop stable distance drivers to fill that gap I promise to buy big piles of them!

What do I want more of?

Inventory:
Drivers in the 158-163 range get snapped up quickly when released, and are often unavailable for months. Please consider closer matching between inventory and demand.

For example – I am down to my last few Neutron Waves in the 158-165 gram range. Replacements have not been available for several months. Wave is my main distance driver so if I run out I will be forced to look elsewhere. If I like the alternative, you may lose a regular customer. Just sayin'. :D

Weights:
Like many older players (and quite a few younger players) I throw drivers in the 155-165 gram range. In fact I switched to MVP because you offer drivers in those weights. I would love to see the following discs at < 165 grams:

23mm distance drivers (Tenacity, Octane, Catalyst, etc.)
Streamline drivers (Trace!)

Bright colors:
I would love to see more brightly-colored discs, especially bright pink, fluorescent yellow, bright orange and even white. Often the only discs available are the "color of lost" – leaf green, dark blue, dark purple, dark gray, and even dark red (hard to distinguish from green, especially for the 8% of northern European males with red-green colorblindness).

Faster midranges:
Tangent and Theory are amazing straight-flying discs, but barely faster than putters. Axis is beautifully straight but only available in heavier weights. Please consider developing straight-stable and stable-understable midranges with 14mm to 15mm rims and weights < 175 grams. I would love to replace my 168 gram Fuzion EMac Truth and 400G M4.

What do I like about your discs?

MVP/Axiom makes the most neutral, straight-flying distance drivers I have ever found. The Neutron Wave (and before that Neutron Inertia) is my most-thrown driver. If MVP/Axiom/Streamline had similar fast fairway drivers and midranges your discs would take over my bag.

Neutron and Plasma plastic are my favorites for grip, durability, and visibility. Proton is a bit slippery for me, and the colors tend to disappear in the undergrowth.

Domey / flat: I prefer a mix because each has advantages. Flat suits my sidearm grip best and cuts through the air nicely, but dome often yields more glide. Have you considered offering either flat and domey variants on each mold, or flat and domey pairings at each speed?

Thanks!

Whoops, one other thing:

I have a Black Hole practice basket. The cap on top of the pole flies off whenever I hit it with a putt. If this part gets lost water will get into the pole, which is probably not good.

A more sturdily-attached pole cap would be much better.

I do agree that a larger quantity of drivers in lighter weights without long waits (see what I did there? :D) would be great.

And something a wee tad, just a wee tad, more stable that the Wave would be great, even a Wave with higher PLH on purpose would probably do the trick...

Colors: White discs. Not only dk Storm troopers feel better in the hand(I have been blind tested with new discs, I can feel the differences in same weight discs but different colors) , they also are better fir dye jobs.

Latest posts