• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Plasma!

laramiecarlson

Eagle Member
The brothers announced their next plastic blend at half time of the Super Bowl last night- a metallic, gummier version of Neutron! They ran a few discs in the blend over the past year, what might you want in Plasma?

Ever held a copper MVP tbird?

Much more firm than Gstar but not as plastic feeling like with regular neutron. The grip is better and IMO increased glide/carry too (with a lot of the teslas having a little dome)

A Plasma Ion has been hinted at as well as a possible anodized metal (mini?) disc. The Bros were dropping hints all weekend on the FB Fan page. Their next release is shaping up to be full of good stuff!

This sounds like a great way to bring back the Golf is Dead or One Nation Under Par stamps we used to run on Ions. I may be a legacy head now, but that is some sexy plastic.

Ever held a copper MVP tbird?

Much more firm than Gstar but not as plastic feeling like with regular neutron. The grip is better and IMO increased glide/carry too (with a lot of the teslas having a little dome)

Just held minis and didn't notice much difference besides the look. Didn't give it much of an inspection though.

Neutron really is toyish feeling, finally they might produce some better feeling plastic. Nice to see.

Last edited:
Neutron really is toyish feeling, finally they might produce so better feeling plastic. Nice to see.

Yeah the solid stock neutron colors can be very stiff/slick when new like a hard star plastic. Not all neutron is that way though like Koda's which is the same feel to a metallic but doesn't have that look at all just a unique light purple color.

Neutron really is toyish feeling, finally they might produce so better feeling plastic. Nice to see.

I kinda agree. Neutron is my least liked plastic. I sometimes have trouble with N drivers bc of my terrible grip. Can't wait for a tesla or volt.

Well I'm just hoping it isn't too long until this bleeds over into the Axiom brand as well. This sounds like a great blend to use on the Envy...

with plasma, electron, and distance drivers coming my non-MVP discs are at risk

plasma-plastic-main.jpg

Plasma began development in 2013. Throughout 2014 small numbers of metallic discs were released within regular production Neutron shipments. Prototype Plasma was seen in the "metallic" Neutron Envy, Crave, Switch, Tesla, Volt, and Icon mini. Plasma will never again be seen with a Neutron stamp.

Introducing the Plasma Ion, in stores February 13th.

The Ion putt and approach was the first MVP model to be developed, so it is fitting that our new premium Plasma material launch in the Ion mold. Unlike any Ion before it, the Plasma Ion will be available from max-weight all the way down to 155g! Die-hard Ion fans will love this fresh take on the model, and the Plasma edition is easily the sexiest looking plastic in our lineup.

Plasma Plastic is the latest secret development from MVP Disc Sports, combining our high standards of performance and visual appeal. Plasma has a stunning metallic sheen, even color-shifting in select color options. The grip is a semi-gummy blend in between our Soft and standard firmness for Neutron plastic. We are able to dial in the balance of flat or domed flight plates, lending extra glide to driver and midrange models, while preserving a typical flat plate on putters like the Ion.

Last edited:
fantastic, but...

I hate this trend of calling plastic "sexy". Awful.

And, I'm afraid we aren't seeing electron ions.

I have a non metallic neutron crave that is the best feeling, grippiest plastic from the Bros I have ever felt. If this plasma is like that, I want all of the drivers in it.