• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Vector Midrange

I believe that I'm in the same general power spectrum as you, at around 450 or so on a full rip. I'm just thinking that my timing and snap are going to be all over the place when I finally get out to throw again. I haven't gotten to play much in the last couple months (maybe twice per month), and every time I have been able to do some real playing, I get sooooore. I may not get a real idea of how these are going to fly until the snow melts, and the weather gets warm enough I don't have to wear heavy clothes.

Today I let at least a dozen people try my Vectors to universal acclaim. I had a couple of 980 rated masters players throw it, a couple of 500' throwers, and a few intermediate level players who max out around 300'. Everyone threw it farther than they throw a Roc and was surprised at the speed and glide. The lower powered players were still able to throw it flat and get a pretty straight hyzer flight without a lot of skip. Nobody could flip it...In fact, every time a big arm tried to unload on it they put too much hyzer on it and looked a little weak...People just aren't used to being able to throw a mid that hard and trust it. The masters players were pinpoint with it on their first shot. Roc throwers are loving this disc (that's all people throw around here). I haven't seen such a warm reception for a mid from Innova loyals before.

Just got back from a quick few dozen throws with a couple of mine. I threw a 173, 175, and 177.

Review: I dig it.

Fluff flat shots can fly like a Sentinel, hard snaps fly like a newish DX Roc. It holds angles like crazy and stables out at the end.

Really cool disc. Feel in the hand is incredible. The molding features on it (wing-engraved logos, flashingless bead, and grrripyy candy) impressed everyone I showed it to, all of whom work with discs for a living. Basically, ultra-unique would describe it.

Zam, glad to hear it is sentinel-ish. After reading Discspeeds reviews, my first thought was SENTINEL!!! Sounds like a beat in Q-Sent from what you guys are saying. I could see myself getting a few.

Wow, this is the first midrange I have heard about that I will actually have to try. Last year I rocked the drone, multiple buzzzes and meteor as my mids. This year I was planning on a hornet, buzzzes and a buzzz ss/meteor.

If it is actually able to fly as far as a buzzz and hold its hyzer line a little better I might have to build a whole new mid lineup. I have loved the buzzz for a long time. The only time I didn't like it was when I wanted to really rip it in a narrow fairway and sometimes it would turn a little too much and hit a tree.

Boom! In a tailwind...

I flipped them in a nasty heady

They hold their initial line for 75-85% of the flight before changing

cmrichar said:
Leopard said:
ZJ, Booter, and disc junkie all threw the Vector today. Don't let them skate by without a report.
Reports are wanted!

No doubt, not that DiscSpeed's review hasn't already convinced me that this is exactly the mid I've been looking for :D

I only had like 6 throws with it, all in an open field. So I can't really give a good description. It holds it's line for a long time. My first flat straight shot went around 350ft. I then threw a flex shot that held the anny angle for about 85% of the flight, before it finally came out and faded forward. I want to stress that it held the angle, it didn't really move much to the right. This is a very straight flyer, and PD throwers will fall in love with this midrange. We had a strong headwind on the return throws, and basically any throw I tried to power was a flip roller. The shots I managed to smooth, lost a good 100ft because of the headwind. It also took some huge low skips forward for all of us that tested it

yep it should gain a large following here on DGR. This the perfect midrange compliment to a PD. If they had something more stable I would be interested but the Vector falls in between my sanny roc and QMS, and I am not usually one to carry only one mold for everything.

zj1002 said:
If they had something more stable I would be interested but the Vector falls in between my sanny roc and QMS,
Mmmm, this music is making love to my ear vaginas. I haven't been this excited to get a new disc in quite a while.

My Vectors have been getting A LOT of throws. I played a wooded course yesterday and let a variety of people throw them. After all the trees/rocks so far there has been no break in. There is no flash to wear off, so there is not that quick initial break-in that you see in most discs.

I'm really hoping it breaks in like the PD when it does break in. Like the PD(or I guess I could say the Roc), I imagine that Vector could lose a little HSS, and rather than translating into more of an S shot, it would flip just enough to hold the line and delay the fade.

I only threw three vectors one time so I cant not really report anything after three throws worth while.

disc junkie said:
I only threw three vectors one time so I cant not really report anything after three throws worth while.

What a cop out! Zach should put you on the "no fly" list at DiscNation for that! :lol:

Seriously though, you can probably comment on the feel of the disc at least?

ha.. I was up there in a civilian capacity, and junkie had to leave soon after we started the Vector portion of the show

lots and lots of good feedback... probably a dozen non-DGRers threw them.

PS - PSA: zj works weekends at the store, and I no longer work in the store. My job moved to our warehouse/weekdays.. online orders and web development.