• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Vector Midrange

I emailed DGC last week and he said they had an order in but couldn't say when they would be in and up online.

so is it more stable than a buzzz? i am getting mixed info here.

Thatdirtykid said:
so is it more stable than a buzzz? i am getting mixed info here.

Discspeed said, "I really don't think it is any faster/farther flying than a Buzzz, but it can be thrown with much more abandon without worry. It really is as if the Buzzz and Roc had a child...Buzzz speed and glide with Roc stability."

It sounds like it is more stable than a buzz, but has the same speed and glide, of said buzz. I am very curious about this disc.

the buzz is definitely a faster and longer disc than the Vector. For stability, I can tell you it turned over when powered into a headwind, where a freshy roc would have stayed straight. Of the three that ZAM had, they all differed in dome and stability. The lightest one(174g i think) seemed to be most stable but it was a really windy day so results are most likely inaccurate. It has the stability of a 7/10 roc with the straight line lock-in of a Buzz. Profile of a roc, flight of a slower buzz

zj1002 said:
the buzz is definitely a faster and longer disc than the Vector. For stability, I can tell you it turned over when powered into a headwind, where a freshy roc would have stayed straight. Of the three that ZAM had, they all differed in dome and stability. The lightest one(174g i think) seemed to be most stable but it was a really windy day so results are most likely inaccurate. It has the stability of a 7/10 roc with the straight line lock-in of a Buzz. Profile of a roc, flight of a slower buzz

This is good to know. Sounds like it won't knock the Roc out of the bag, but still might be a fun disc to throw.
Does it have more glide than a roc?
I can throw rocs in calm, flat conditions, 280 feet, and at a comfortable 80% power level, so I wonder if the Vector would add some D and still fly the multitude of lines a roc can fly.

I'm sort of glad that I've already come to the conclusion to hold off on these for a while. They really don't sound like they'll do a lot that a Hornet, Pain, or Sentinel wont already do well enough.

zj1002 said:
the buzz is definitely a faster and longer disc than the Vector.

I've thrown the Vector 100s of times by now, and I've thrown a few Buzzzes as well. I'm not sure how well you could judge this in the winds you were throwing without a Buzzz for comparison, because this just isn't true. Like I've said, I think they are close to the same speed with the Vector holding it down the fairway better. The Buzzz can go longer in a straight line, but I've gotten the Vector as far on flex shots..

zj1002 said:
For stability, I can tell you it turned over when powered into a headwind, where a freshy roc would have stayed straight.

I haven't got to test a Roc head to head, but I have my doubts about this one as well. Did you throw a Roc side by side in that wind?

zj1002 said:
Of the three that ZAM had, they all differed in dome and stability. The lightest one(174g i think) seemed to be most stable but it was a really windy day so results are most likely inaccurate.

You are actually onto something here. The lighter weights are less gyroscopic (lighter overmold), so this might just be the trend we're going to see (light weights being more overstable).

zj1002 said:
It has the stability of a 7/10 roc with the straight line lock-in of a Buzz. Profile of a roc, flight of a slower buzz

I agree that the Vector does lock onto a line very well, but everyone who has thrown mine (mostly Roc throwers) has felt it flies more like a Roc stability at Buzzz speed.

It's good to get as much feedback as possible, however, I do feel like ZJ is drawing a bit too many conclusions based on his very limited and specific experience with the Vector. I trust his throwing and reviews, but he still needs to throw this one some more (perhaps on the course or in calmer conditions).

colombo117 said:
Sounds like it won't knock the Roc out of the bag, but still might be a fun disc to throw.
Does it have more glide than a roc?
I can throw rocs in calm, flat conditions, 280 feet, and at a comfortable 80% power level, so I wonder if the Vector would add some D and still fly the multitude of lines a roc can fly.

It won't knock all your Rocs out if you are a minimalist because obviously the Vector won't be flippy or even what I would consider straight for a while. I think it blows away stable Rocs in terms of glide, range, low ceilings, and penetrating into the wind. And I'll bet you anything that on the same 80% throw with the Vector as you do with the Roc you will get 300'. I've had 2 980ish masters players(who use Rocs as their primary mid) throw it and both thought it was faster and went farther with a similar stability to a new KC.

Ryan C said:
I'm sort of glad that I've already come to the conclusion to hold off on these for a while. They really don't sound like they'll do a lot that a Hornet, Pain, or Sentinel wont already do well enough.

I think you're in for a surprise the first time you throw a Vector. It's much more of a versatile/primary mid than the Hornet/Sentinel, which I basically see as stable compliments to a more versatile mid. As far as the Pain goes, I'm sure it's a great disc and I'm still looking forward to testing it when it comes in (any day?). However, I believe in gyroscopics, and since the Vector is basically the same profile as the Pain/Roc/Wasp with a significantly higher percentage of it's weight on the outside, for me it's clear as to which has the greatest performance potential.

Yep, my reviews are based on 25mph winds. I also don't throw the buzz much. But I don't think, for me atleast that it is as stable as a new roc. Have you let some big arms throw it? Im curious to hear that

Edit: let me correct that stability thing after thinking bit about it. I think it is easier to initially get up to speed and for me the gyroscopic stuff makes it track right fairly quickly. However the LSS made it roc stable, when it slowed down it moved left. I don't think these discs suit my hyzer flip style. The ion constantly would drift right from a flip. This somewhat sounds conflicted to when I said it locks into its line, so i'll elaborate. When I throw a hyzer flip with an ion, and the few with a vector, the disc would flip very fast out of the hand and lock into a line that drifted right. The ion never came out of that, but the Vector does

once we get some in the store, I will go out and get a good 50 throws in. but generally that field has at least a 15mph heady

I'm hoping that the Vector isn't too much like the Pain and the Hornet. I was more hoping for the Vector to be a disc to replace the Buzzz. I want it to be a disc that I can get to be very straight early, even if I try to throw it near full power, but have very little fade at the end. With my Buzzz, I sometimes get in the neighborhood of that flight, but sometimes either have it fade too quick or turn too much. I'd love to have the gyro effect keep the Vector very str8 the whole way so that it could be a "point and shoot" midrange without having to hyzer flip it. If the Vector ends up more like my Pains, then it probably won't make the bag. We will see how it flies more my not so technically sound throwing style. :)

I haven't let any real big arms throw it extensively. I've let a couple of pretty hard throwers toss it, but each time they put way too much hyzer on it expecting it to flip, and despite their hard throws the discs didn't come up at all and just held the hyzer.

In general I do think that gyroscopics make a disc's direction of flight more dominated by the direction of it's momentum. So despite the angle of release, the direction you apply force on the disc is going to have a bigger impact on the flight of a more gyroscopic disc. Another effect of this is that a gyroscopic disc will not behave AS overstable as a less gyroscopic disc of the same shape. Due to this, I could see the MOST overstable of the Rocs being a bit more so than the Vector (especially near max weight). It is my opinion however that the gyroscopic discs are all around better in the wind (at least for straighter shots) because their momentum dominated flights are less dependent on the angle of release. I also think that any Roc that matches the stability of the Vector in general will still have less HSS and less line holding ability at the same time.

Yeah I think at this point, I just need more throws with them.

People should take my reviews with a grain of salt. Go buy the disc for yourself, because all you PD throwers will love it. it is a good disc

Regarding ZJ's tests, he throws Rocs super far and super hard. I've seen Roc shots come 400' towards me and still spin fast for half a second on the ground. It's freakish. That, plus the heavy headwind, plus 3 weights of varying dome, and we have a scienceless test.

All the normal human golfers loved it and noted its headwind resistance. So, there you go (or not).

I look forward to sciencey tests :)

yeah, i am not normal when it comes to midranges. that's why i am curious to see how people with some more pop are throwing these.

Unfortunately for them I wont be spending any money when I can't choose the color. Seems like they should move with the times, since there are so many places that let you choose... I haven't bought anything from them in over a year.

The Vector only comes in 3 colors right now, just list what you want in the comments section. GGGT is good about paying attention to the order comments.

Latest posts