• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Fission Volts are "gummy".

The flattest Volts i have had are all Neutron....(not cosmic)

In my experience the Proton plastics in the overmolds (axiom and mvp) are the more understable. Neutron are more OS....especially in Cosmic.

Fission seems hit and miss(stability wise)

Plasma seems hit and miss(stability wise)

Kind of a reverse of stability compared to other companies plastics. I only played around with gyro for a year , but this was my experience across the board with all the molds i tried.
Gummy/soft is preferred because my thumb digs in enough to mimic flatness.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

My fission volt is medium dome, much like my FR.. The Volts I like best have dome. My one fission is a 167 and it's very much like my seasoned fr dome 172g.

Hey I just checked the weights on MVP site.... I didn't know the Volt went down to 155....

Anyone thrown one of them?

Hey I just checked the weights on MVP site.... I didn't know the Volt went down to 155....

Anyone thrown one of them?
I've thrown Fission @ 155g and 160g. Flies like a nice fresh Crave. Start straight with a slight fade and season pretty quickly to flip up -> dead straight.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Same. I believe I had a 153 at one point too.

BTW, guesses on how the Conrads will fly? Get your bets in now.

Newbie Volt question. I picked one up a month or so back thinking I was getting a slower Thunderbird. However the thing is an absolute meat hook, akin to a Firebird to me. The only time I've had it go sort of straight is into a stiff headwind. Is this expected?

Not saying I don't like it, just a little surprised at just how overstable it is.

Cosmic Neutron Volts are tending to be a lot OS - Excellent straight drivers in high winds. Really want to see what they do in fission plastic.

Newbie Volt question. I picked one up a month or so back thinking I was getting a slower Thunderbird. However the thing is an absolute meat hook, akin to a Firebird to me. The only time I've had it go sort of straight is into a stiff headwind. Is this expected?

Not saying I don't like it, just a little surprised at just how overstable it is.

How far are you throwing it?

I had one Neutron like that. Once it wore in the flight was more like I expected, but it took a long time to get there. Was in between a Firebird and PD new.

Usually any MvP or Axiom in the Proton plastic (candy) will fly close to the numbers or more understable.

The Neutron or Cosmic can be hit and miss. I have had several Cosmic Volts that were unusably overstable.....more than my Raptor.

I will second all of the above comments. I first picked up a volt when I was throwing better about 6_7 years ago while throwing stronger not better haha. It acted as a reasonable control driver and I managed to break it in even though I was pretty torque heavy.

Now with injuries and being a little older and slower at a little over 300 feet of power I can't really get it moving properly but it feels like more of a weight thing at 172 grams most of my stuff is the mid 160s or less.

I get a similar result from my 162 grams is in fission tesla. It is slightly more turn resistant . My 155 Graham One in the safe plastic is much easier to turn and it hooks back most times as well it flies a lot like my volt used to but much easier to turn. I haven't messed with the lighter-weight volts much and all the ones that I have in stock that are Neutron are first runs

About 275' - I'm 54 and been playing about 20 months.

Best ever throws have been over 325' with Stags and light Wraiths.

If they are cosmic they are extra dumpy.. I hear.. It's probably Crave speed, from one 300' er to another. I dunno though a light fission Volt should be alriight.