• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My DIY Disc Golf Target!

Logan20

Hey everyone I recently tried my first attempt at a goal! I got everything in one trip to Lowes and it cost around $75, less if you have some parts laying around already! I posted instructions on this website

FYG21VOHJKC3UVH.LARGE.jpg

Just wanted to share with everyone here! Thanks

Nice! I always like seeing DIY, innovative baskets. :thmbup:

How well does it catch? Looks pretty solid.

Nice! I always like seeing DIY, innovative baskets. :thmbup:

How well does it catch? Looks pretty solid.

Thank you!! I think it gets the job done. I'll see if I can post this video of a couple being tossed in (its hard to record and throw at the same time lol)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oP0UV7R82n0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

maybe this link will work http://youtu.be/oP0UV7R82n0

Looks like a great design! My biggest worry would be where the chains connect to the plastic up top as far as wear. Let me know how it holds up, cause I may shamelessly steal your design!

Looks like a great design! My biggest worry would be where the chains connect to the plastic up top as far as wear. Let me know how it holds up, cause I may shamelessly steal your design!

Thank you! Shamelessly steal away, that's what it's here for :thmbup:

so far the chain hasn't wore on the holes i drilled in the side of the lid at all, but I will keep an eye on it and let ya'll know! Seems like it will not be a problem if I had to guess. The wood piece at top helps take the weight off the lid itself I believe.

great looking basket. I like the fact that the top matches the "feet".

Thank you! The umbrella base is pretty heavy and I guess I got lucky the PVC fit right over it. Doesn't wobble at all!

Plenty more pictures in the link in my first post :)

If anyone has questions or wants photos of specific parts let me know. It comes apart but I wouldn't call it "mobile" lol. Pretty simple to build though I finished it in one evening

You try throwing with one hand and holding a camera in the other! :p
YouTube even tried to "stabalize" it for me lmao
Yeah I think the Youtube effect is what makes it look so trippy. You know you could always set the camera up on the chair right next to your basket in the video. ;)

Great looking DIY! If that trash can lid wears out, I've seen some people use a bicycle wheel - looks sweet and hold up a lot better than plastic.

thanks guys! Instructables featured me on their main page today, shot up to over 3,000 views pretty quickly lol. the holes in the lid are holding up just fine, no signs of wear at all yet! i don't think its anything to be concerned about, theres no real weight on it since its resting on the piece of wood under it.

Latest posts