• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Drive. Comments?

Reachback further, get more backwards to target and more weight forward at hit. It looks like you got good timing with the arm and the disc comes out with nice zip.

thanks for the input! i'll definitely try and incorporate that next time i'm out, and will try to get more video up with (hopefully) some improvement. thanks again.

you look like you have an abbreviated x-step

but it looks pretty good

like sidewinder said, farther back on the pull through

looks pretty good, reaching back farther and turning your back will def help. dont feel confined to the box with your runup either, maybe try a more drawn out x step run up, starting a step or 2 back further. this could possibly help..

I'd work on your weight shift a bit. It looks like you aren't getting your weight all the way forward and you might be jamming your plant foot a bit. The jamming is the worst in the third video. You can see how a full pivot would give you a lot more power.

The hammer pound drills might help, too. Getting the feel for that hammer pound will help you get the feel for the rest of the throw, too. If your weight shift isn't right your hammer pound will get weak.

Doing those hammer pound drills and then building your throw from the hit back is the standard advice for most everyone, especially those stuck at the plateau you're at now. The good news is that it looks like that should be a relatively quick and painless process for you. Once you get the feel for that hammer pound and the feel of shifting your weight and getting the pivot on your front foot you'll probably find that you throw a bit farther, have more accuracy and it will all feel quite a bit easier.

I'd work on your weight shift a bit. It looks like you aren't getting your weight all the way forward and you might be jamming your plant foot a bit. The jamming is the worst in the third video. You can see how a full pivot would give you a lot more power.

One way to help with this is to make sure to follow through! You look like you are trying to stop yourself from following through. Smooth is far, follow through on every shot you make (even putts, just don't finish forward inside the circle ;) )

Latest posts