• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Everchanging Bag

davmer2303

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 1 year 7 months
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, rare get out of trouble forehand
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Envy: 220/260; Roc: 250/290'; Teebird: PPD 300/350

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Various aches and pains in knees, shoulder and hips
Other sport proficiencies?: Basketball
Additional Information: I have played a lot my fist year and a half, and am always striving to read/watch/and improve.
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: That I can't seem to completely settle on it.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Anything you see
Immediate and long-term goals: Would like to gain more distance and improve putting

Bag:

Distance Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
168 PPD worn in well turns and fades back well
166 PPD fresher and more straight to fade.
172 MVP Inertia for more right turning shots
172 CPD for long right to left shots

Fairway Drivers
175 Circle Stamp Eagle for overstable duties
175 11X Eagle straight with soft fade
170 Champ Eagle L tunnel shots and precision drives that are straight or slight right turn.
172 MVP Servo shorter than the eagles but very accurate, mildly ovrstable and easy to place.
170 MVP Crave Flies like a DX teebird. Good for soft left bending tunnels
169 Beat DX eagle straight to right turning shots

Mids:
180 DX Roc fresh
180 Beat in Flat top roc very straight and will softly turn at high power
176 Neutron Tangent used for soft turnovers and most straight upshots between 100 and 200. Also used for long turnover drives
178 Neutron Alias Used for upshots that need more fade than the tangent, also teeshots that fall between the two rocs.

Putters:
175 Beat in gravity clutch (main putter)
173 neutron envy for overstable approaches and putter teeshots.

(a gator, tensor, rival, Pig, patriot, wraith, or teebird may be cycled in depending on the course.)

The Circle stamp Eagle or envy serves as an overstable mid in my bag (unless of of course I throw in the gator or tensor)
_______

A note on the above bag...Although I like my fairway drivers, there is definitely some overlap in the center (Crave, Eagle L and 11X champ) There are slight variations, but if I had to fat trim, that would be the place.

I'll have a go. Well, I have been looking at your stuff here and unfortunately I have not thrown most of what you have. It looks like you are covered from what I can see.

Is there anything specific you don't like or are wondering about? Sorry I don't really have much to add right now. You could definitely trim a few discs out of your bag so you have the right idea. I've been trying to do the same

I'll have a go. Well, I have been looking at your stuff here and unfortunately I have not thrown most of what you have. It looks like you are covered from what I can see.

Is there anything specific you don't like or are wondering about? Sorry I don't really have much to add right now. You could definitely trim a few discs out of your bag so you have the right idea. I've been trying to do the same

Thank you Nate. I guess my obvious issue is with the crave and 11x eagle. I like the way both of them feel, but they cover similar shots. Sometimes I have no good reason why I choose one over the other. I was mainly curious if anyone had better ideas?

It looks like you have 2 bags going on: 1 mvp and one innova/discmania. Theres a decent amount of overlap in there in each category

Besides the fairways, where would you say you see it?

The Inertia should overlap with the p-PD.

Beat in DX Rocs could cover your US/neutral lines of the Tangent and Alias.

That's just theoretical depending on the stage of the beating-in. Only you know how they compare when thrown side by side.

Looking at your bag as a whole, it seems you've got a lot of lines covered.

Put the Gator back in the bag and learn to love it. It's a great OS mid/approach disc. Good for mid range flex shots as well. Nothing comes out of an anny like a Gator.

I don't really see a use for your Servo with all your Eagles and Teebirds. The Crave could overlap a bit with the beat in Eagles/Teebirds and the Patriot.

The Wraith is a pretty easy decision, does it go further than the PDs? If so, bag it. If you're like me and they all fly about the same, stick with the PDs.

The Inertia should overlap with the p-PD.

Beat in DX Rocs could cover your US/neutral lines of the Tangent and Alias.

That's just theoretical depending on the stage of the beating-in. Only you know how they compare when thrown side by side.

Looking at your bag as a whole, it seems you've got a lot of lines covered.

Put the Gator back in the bag and learn to love it. It's a great OS mid/approach disc. Good for mid range flex shots as well. Nothing comes out of an anny like a Gator.

I don't really see a use for your Servo with all your Eagles and Teebirds. The Crave could overlap a bit with the beat in Eagles/Teebirds and the Patriot.

The Wraith is a pretty easy decision, does it go further than the PDs? If so, bag it. If you're like me and they all fly about the same, stick with the PDs.

Thank you for the answer! The inertia for good or bad is much more understable than the beat in PPD. You're right about the gator, and I do love it. But, I take it out from time to time because I tend to get a little OAT the more I throw it. The Servo for me is definitely a tweener. I don't throw it as far as the eagles, it's only a bit longer than the mids, but it's so easy to range. The crave definitely overlaps, but I like throwing it. I think I may take it out for a couple weeks and see if I miss it.
You're definitely right about the wraith. I throw it at least 30 to 40 ft farther than the PD's, but I seem more accurate with the PD's. It comes in when I know I am playing a course with longer more open holes. Hmmmmm, I think I ill pop the crave out of the bag for a bit, and slide the gator back in. Thank you!

Bag:

166 PPD fresher and more straight to fade.
172 MVP Inertia for more right turning shots
168 SPD for long right to left shots

Fairway Drivers
170 Champ Eagle L tunnel shots and precision drives that are straight or slight right turn.
170 MVP switch for long range turnover
165 MVP servo testing it out against the older servo for placement driver shots.

Mids:
165 S line Gremlin slightly overstable, long range mid and more overstable approaches.
176 Neutron Tangent used for soft turnovers and most straight upshots between 100 and 200. Also used for long turnover drives
178 Neutron Alias Used for upshots that need more fade than the tangent, also teeshots that fall between the two rocs.

Putters:
175 Beat in gravity clutch (main putter)

Tossed a gator in for a week, and loved it, but I do like the workability of the gremlin. Not nearly as overstable, but it still has a good bite with nice glide. We will see how that works. I also took out the
CPD for an old favorite S, The circle stamp eagle is quite overstable so I'm hoping that it will cover all overstable shots from mid on up.

Bag:

165 Gstar Valk. Trying it out, feels better the more I throw it.
172 MVP Inertia for more right turning shots and long hyzer flips.
167 MVP Tesla control drives with good end bite

Fairway Drivers
170 MVP switch for long range turnover

Mids:
170 S line Gremlin slightly overstable, long range mid and more overstable approaches.
176 Seasoned KC Pro Roc very straight, long, and soft fade.

Putters:
175 beat in gravity clutch (main putter)

Slight changes here. Trying the Tesla in the SPD slot. Added a roc and subtracted the Servo, plus trying a valk. Looking forward to lots of rounds this summer!

Bag:

168 PPD worn in well turns and fades back well (main driver)
168 Champ Sidewinder (not really flying like a sidewinder, hoping for the break in eventually)
172 MVP Inertia for more right turning shots and long hyzer flips.
168 Gr SPD Seasoned but still fades back strongly at flight's end

Fairway Drivers
170 Champ Eagle L tunnel shots and precision drives that are straight or turn right
166 Gr FD Turns like the EL but has more come back (longer straight dive than the L)

Mids:
177 Gr Pinnacle ghost straight with solid end fade
180 Gravity ghost neutral and line holding at speed
177 gr sparkle line squall Very staight and almost as long as the fairways. Also use for some approached
176 gr Star spider Approach disc Dujour
Putters:
175 gr yeti aviar
175 gr lockjaw for anny approaches and sit down shots

From rocs back to ghosts, and I'm also loving the squall and that FD. I'm not sure why this is, but I prefer upshots with non putter, small diameter mids, like the spider or cro. Means I carry an extra mold just for that.....

Bag:

168 SPD seasoned but still hooks up
170 Champ Sidewinder flat and gummy and turns nicely
170 gr metal flake sidewinder turns but a touch more stable
166 gr outlaw for headwinds

Fairway Drivers
171 gr champ eagle. Slots in between the other two
166 Gr FD Turns like the EL but has more come back (longer straight dive than the L)
168 gr c line fd workhorse driver
166 Gr FB....all that a forebird does well.

Mids:
176 gr CMD2 workhorse
167 gr PMD2 straight shots/turnovers and upshots
176 gr proline squall long straight shots
167 gr midnight flyer squall...long turnovers and tailwind
172 gr S Gremlin overstable ups and drives

175 P1X main putter
167 P1X turnover putter and anny approaches

Latest posts