My new tournament bag for 2024!

sillybizz

Course bagger and Bjork super fan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: Playing for over 20 years but took about 5 years off from 2017-2021 and just getting back into it "seriously"
Throwing Style: RHBH, up shots with RHFH, and lots of BH and FH rollers off the tee and off the fairway
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Putter - 200/225 / Mids - 230/250 - Drivers 270/300

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Osteoarthritis in both ankles
Other sport proficiencies?: I am amazingly unathletic
Additional Information: Been working hard over the winter to gain distance lost from not playing and more distance will come. I used to throw upwards of 350 with driver
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I have many back ups if I lose a disc during a tournament round/I carry too many discs
Specific areas of desired feedback: Picking between beloved multiples of discs to slim the bag a bit
Immediate and long-term goals: Gain more distance, develop a decent FH, win a tournament in the old guys division

Bag:

Putters:

Discraft Soft Ringer GT (Putter line plastic) - 173g - My main 'putting putter'
Discraft Ringer GT (Jawbreaker plastic) - 155g - My understable throwing putter
Discraft Ringer GT (Jawbreaker plastic) - 167g - My stable throwing putter
Discraft Ringer GT (Z Metallic plastic) - 173g - My overstable throwing putter
Innova Zephyr (Champion Glow plastic) 200g - For short approaches and touch shots, especially uphill

Mids:

Innova Wedge (First Run Star plastic) - 166g - My understable slow mid and jump putting putter
Innova Wedge (First Run Star plastic) - 175g - My stable to understable slow mid in the woods
Innova Rollo (Star plastic) - 169g nice! - My BH roller disc off the tee
Innova Rollo (Champion plastic) - 180g - My fast understable midrange
Discraft Buzzz with DGCR stamp (Z plastic) - 174g - My slightly overstable mid, this is a beefy Buzzz for some reason

Fairway Drivers:

Axion Crave (Fission plastic) - 150g - My understable fairway driver
Axiom Crave (Fission plastic) - 155g - My Stable fairway driver
Axiom Crave (Fission plastic) - 159g - My overstable fairway driver (high PLH)

Distance Drivers:

Westside Hatchet (VIP AIR plastic) - 150g - My understable distance driver

Westside Hatchet (VIP AIR plastic) - 156g - My stable workhorse distance driver
Discraft Undertaker (ESP plastic) - 158g - My overstable distance driver
Innova Daedalus (Star plastic) - 144g - My FH and BH disc when there is bad footing, low ceilings, or throwing uphill
Innova Wraith (Star Plastic) - 153g - My FH disc that is beefy as heck for how light it is and also used a lot for FH rollers
Westside Bear (VIP plastic) - 173g - My headwind disc when everything else will flip and FH roller out of trouble disc

Last edited:
I see the spread of Innova and Trilogy and wonder if you have given the Diamond, or Sapphire a shot. As a former Trilogy thrower I loved the Hatchet, but the distance potential increased with the added speed and stability of the Sapphire, especially when I was learning to throw left handed and stuck around 300 feet of max distance. Both are extremely workable and great roller discs when broken in.

I see the spread of Innova and Trilogy and wonder if you have given the Diamond, or Sapphire a shot. As a former Trilogy thrower I loved the Hatchet, but the distance potential increased with the added speed and stability of the Sapphire, especially when I was learning to throw left handed and stuck around 300 feet of max distance. Both are extremely workable and great roller discs when broken in.

The Diamond I had was so understable it was barely throwable even with a hyzer flip, perhaps it was a fluke one, IDK but I gave it to a random newbie one day. I have not tried a Sapphire. I'll be at the Dynamic Discs in Carrolton, TX in a few days, I'll pick one up and try it! Thanks

The Diamond I had was so understable it was barely throwable even with a hyzer flip, perhaps it was a fluke one, IDK but I gave it to a random newbie one day. I have not tried a Sapphire. I'll be at the Dynamic Discs in Carrolton, TX in a few days, I'll pick one up and try it! Thanks
I always throw the Diamond out to 300 ish foot throwers. Most lack snap along with slower arm speeds or pour nose angle and its a good disc to gauge what is limiting distance. I don't think yours was a fluke, because I had the same experience with mine, though mine was a result of too much off axis torque. The Sapphire for me was "that" disc that forced me to throw with touch to keep from burning it over, quickly became a hyzer flip to straight to late slow turnover disc or deep hyzer into long S curves. I found the 2 fade very correct and it was a longer version of the Hatchet with almost identical flight lines and power required. I bagged both. Not a good wind disc (as most are in the easy to throw line and around 150-159 grams area) unless you find a Karat version which are the Max weight run they did. Those actually hold up extremely well and have a very strong fade off the shelf. I suggest Lucid plastic as the Gold Line are a little more flippy.

Latest posts