• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

So far I love my bag but I'm having issues with the frame. Where can I find the PVC elbows that have all slip openings. The only ones I could find had two slip and one that was threaded.

So far I love my bag but I'm having issues with the frame. Where can I find the PVC elbows that have all slip openings. The only ones I could find had two slip and one that was threaded.

i went to home depot, and later realized they didnt carry the 3 way elbows, you need to go to lowes, thats where i found mine

Yerp, discgolfcrazy has it. For some reason Home Depot doesn't carry 3-way elbows for 1/2" PVC piping. The guy there even seemed perplexed the first time I asked about it. Seems a fairly standard piece of plumping to not carry.

I just built a frame for a Bass Pro bag I saw in another thread, and like dgcrazy said, Lowes has the 3way slip elbows in 3/4" or 1/2".

Yerp, discgolfcrazy has it. For some reason Home Depot doesn't carry 3-way elbows for 1/2" PVC piping. The guy there even seemed perplexed the first time I asked about it. Seems a fairly standard piece of plumping to not carry.

I ran into the same problem, finally tracked them down at a plumbing supply store..

Last edited:
For those who got this bag, does it seem like the sunglasses case be unstitched or taken off without leaving a hole?

I believe so and I'll double check. I removed the roll up pocket on the side and you can't tell.

For those who got this bag, does it seem like the sunglasses case be unstitched or taken off without leaving a hole?

I'm pretty sure it could be removed where it's stitched to the bag with no hole remianing- the material on the inside of the compartment where it's attached feels solid. But it seems like it'd be a royal pain to try and cut the stitching that holds it on. Does it really bother you that much? I keep lights/tape for glow and my keys in there.

Played my first real round with the bag today. I loved it. Other than the already stated lack or a good bottle holder it worked good.

The only thing I noticed on my frame is that the black paint rubbed and nicked up a bit, but the rest was solid and worked great. To fix the frame I will just put either some hockey stick tape on it, or find the tape that the others have put on it.

If you are on the fence about this bag pull the trigger, it is worth every penny.

I just ordered to $50 dollar one. I wandering if anyone tweaked the PVC frame dimensions or if LT.Dan's worked fine?

I just ordered to $50 dollar one. I wandering if anyone tweaked the PVC frame dimensions or if LT.Dan's worked fine?

I used lt. Dans one and it wored fine, but there is slso fredvegas' and the one with the chair in it. Wanted to try the one eith the chair but it was a little difficult to make.

I used Dans, but made it a little shorter and added the rear brace. It works great and once i got it painted and taped you cant tell it wasn't meant to be there.

I will take it out here in a few weeks and repaint and poly it. Maybe do a tape wrap. I used gorilla tape due to color and the strength of the tape. Other than the gaphers tape i was thinking maybe hockey tape. Any one else use any tape other than gaphers, or made it so the painted frame doesn't rub off on the discs, maybe what brand and type of paint you used.

I used Dans, but made it a little shorter and added the rear brace. It works great and once i got it painted and taped you cant tell it wasn't meant to be there.

I will take it out here in a few weeks and repaint and poly it. Maybe do a tape wrap. I used gorilla tape due to color and the strength of the tape. Other than the gaphers tape i was thinking maybe hockey tape. Any one else use any tape other than gaphers, or made it so the painted frame doesn't rub off on the discs, maybe what brand and type of paint you used.

I don't have my bag yet... My gf says I can't have it until Christmas. But I did buy the parts for the frame. I'm going to use bar tape for road bicycles. Its a little padded and pretty durable and comes in a million colors.

Free shipping for 5 days

So I paid like $9 bucks to ship this bag cause I was impatient ... it's absolutely killer .. I love it

you can get it for FREE SHIPPING till 12/17/12
coupon
then the backpack itself

So that is like $30 off ... basically getting the bags shipped door to door for $50

GET IT NOW DAMMIT
DISCDOGNATION.COM's xmas gift to you !

(I'd like a ROC for Christmas if you have a spare ... just sayin)

I have read all 38 pages of this thread and am now convinced that I should ditch my plans to get a Grip Bag, make this bad boy instead and use the extra money on plastic.

Thanks for all the tips and tricks from everyone involved. Can't wait to make this thing this weekend.

My daughter has a Speedo Swim Bag that looks like a Grip. Luckily I don't know what my wife paid for it, but it could easily be made into a DG pack. And I am relatively sure it was a lot less than a Grip. Must be the same factory pumping out bags for everyone.

Latest posts