• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

Just to let anyone who is interested know, I am selling mine in my FSOT thread in my signature. I finally saved up enough to get a hyzerbomb backpack and don't need it anymore. It's still in great condition.

QUOTE=desertstormvet;1465614]Just found another fishing back pack at bass pro shop for $30. Just wondering if you all think this might work just as good for converting it into a disc golf back pack?

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Extreme-Qualifier-360-Backpacks/product/10204414/87305[/QUOTE]

I have one, it works fine and there is a thread around about using it. I never put a frame in it and it is a little tippy without it (but others have and had not complaints with tipping). My biggest problem is if the top isn't filled with stuff they putter will sag it down.

Good for day trips and tourneys but for a single round I just take my Deluxe bag.

For $30 it is a good alternative. I'm selling mine since I play 99.9% single rounds and only used it twice in the past year. If interested, let me know.

Picked one of these up about 3 weeks ago and it is awesome.

Added in a PVC pipe frame, and sprayed "Plasti-Dip" on the bottom to keep the mud/water from soaking up into the material.

Really sweet bag, especially at a good price. With the PCV frame, it holds 18 disc in the bottom, 2 putters in the putter pocket, and plenty of room in the top storage compartment for all kinds of goodies.

The quality is very good and looks like it will last me for years to come (I play about 3 times a week).

Total cost (including the PVC frame and Plasti-Dip) was about $65. Not too bad for a quality DG backpack! :thmbup:

Could one of you guys who coated the bottom of their bag with "plasti dip" please provide a link or picture to the specific product that you use?

I'm sure I could find this somewhere on the site, but the perfect result did not come back on my search.

Just to let anyone who is interested know, I am selling mine in my FSOT thread in my signature. I finally saved up enough to get a hyzerbomb backpack and don't need it anymore. It's still in great condition.

lol so the Cabela's is a gateway backpack like Marijuana

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...=10053&langId=-1&keyword=plasti&storeId=10051

did about 4 or 5 coats just tape off what you dont want rubberized from the overspray
Exactly what I did to mine a couple of months ago - working well.
Playing about 3 rounds a week, holding up niceley. Frame holds discs well, I've tucked the flap in under the discs - was just becoming a PIA. Discs not falling out at all. I've got 19 in the bottom (18 would fit a bit better) + two putters in the pocket. The dry pouch hold most 1 Liter water bottles pretty well. My only beef is I need to put a thin, stiff support on top of the PVC frame to support the upper compartment so it doesn't sag when I load it up - makes disc insertion/removal on the bottom a bit difficult.

My only beef is I need to put a thin, stiff support on top of the PVC frame to support the upper compartment so it doesn't sag when I load it up - makes disc insertion/removal on the bottom a bit difficult.
While I've not motivated to actually start using this bag (have a Voodoo Mojo so the Cabelas is sitting in the garage untouched), I can see using those thin plastic cutting boards as a cheap and easy solution as the upper support for the cage/upper compartment.

Cut one to fit, put in a few holes and snake some zip ties through it, through or around the PVC frame, and boom! Instant lightweight support. Depending on how you anchor the zip ties to the plastic sheeting, probably pretty strong too. Just an idea...

Bogey, what are you putting in the top section that makes it sag so much? I always have a pile of stuff in there but never had any need to support the upper section.

Side Note - I am sure you recall when we were playing Deer Lakes that guy was taking all those pictures? Well the magazine finally came out and he used this one. Of all the pictures he took there had to have been a better one. The Cabela's bag is featured much more than the course. LOL.

I think the cutting board is a good idea. It may be easier and a tough lighter to just string some 1/4 in wide zip ties back and forth and kinda weave them together. Creating kinda a zip tie mesh of sorts for the stuff to sit on. Then you don't have to deal with cutting a cutting board to fit and drilling holes to attach it.

Looks like I'm stuck in a waiting game until these go back down in price. I'm interested in modding one, but I don't NEED to. Like Um... I also use a Mojo and I love it. But while it's perfect for the disc space and organization I want, I think I'm too big (or too out of shape) to use it for all-day tournaments. By the end of two rounds, wiggling into the quads was becoming tiresome. Perhaps if I had a Karma the straps would be spaced out broader and easier for me to get in and out of. But the Karma is also more bag than I need.

So now it's come to trying out a backpack style to see if it is less fatigue. But I'm also not going to spend $200 on something that may or may not be a benefit. So I'm going to give this a try as soon as I can nab one for $50.

Looks like I'm stuck in a waiting game until these go back down in price. I'm interested in modding one, but I don't NEED to. Like Um... I also use a Mojo and I love it. But while it's perfect for the disc space and organization I want, I think I'm too big (or too out of shape) to use it for all-day tournaments. By the end of two rounds, wiggling into the quads was becoming tiresome. Perhaps if I had a Karma the straps would be spaced out broader and easier for me to get in and out of. But the Karma is also more bag than I need.

So now it's come to trying out a backpack style to see if it is less fatigue. But I'm also not going to spend $200 on something that may or may not be a benefit. So I'm going to give this a try as soon as I can nab one for $50.

You should just by Um...'s. He's not using it.

Bogey, what are you putting in the top section that makes it sag so much? I always have a pile of stuff in there but never had any need to support the upper section.

Side Note - I am sure you recall when we were playing Deer Lakes that guy was taking all those pictures? Well the magazine finally came out and he used this one. Of all the pictures he took there had to have been a better one. The Cabela's bag is featured much more than the course. LOL.

Thanks for posting the link, (and even more for hosting me). I agree, great shot of your bag! With all the posing and posturing he had us do, you'd think the end product would have at least featured a fairway or something more specific to the course. Not a bad blurb on the cousre and the sport for 200 words or less.

Top sags when I put snacks, a lightweight jacket, or a few discs in it - not majorly, but enough to affect putting discs back.