• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NC/SC Courses that are Cart Friendly

Current:
1) Rolling Pines
18) Pipeline -nope
26) Sugaw -nope
27) ...

If we're listing nos and maybes, why not just put all 330 courses (227 in NC, 103 in SC) and comment on them all? It's much easier whittling down the list than building an 'inclusive' list that has 'excluding' courses already on it. And that's something the OP could easily do while self-eliminating 75%+ of the courses on his own.

I'm curious as to the point of the exercise. Is the O.P. planning on dragging a golf cart around to play whatever courses he can? Does he anticipate interest by others who want to drag golf carts around to courses?

For what it's worth, I've done it (on a hybrid ball/disc golf course), and played with ATVs on an ATV-friendly course, and it's not quite as cool as it seems. At least, not if you don't throw any further than I do.

Somebody who has played Catawba Meadows give us a second opinion?

My memory is hazy but I'd be surprised if it wasn't one of the most cart-friendly courses in the state.

I'm curious as to the point of the exercise. Is the O.P. planning on dragging a golf cart around to play whatever courses he can? Does he anticipate interest by others who want to drag golf carts around to courses?

For what it's worth, I've done it (on a hybrid ball/disc golf course), and played with ATVs on an ATV-friendly course, and it's not quite as cool as it seems. At least, not if you don't throw any further than I do.

bad knees. not mine

Somebody who has played Catawba Meadows give us a second opinion?

The bridge between 3 and 4 wouldn't be golf cart accessible, making the greenway pedestrian bridge behind 18 the only other way to get a cart to the southwest side of the course. I feel pretty confident that they don't allow the public to drive anything motorized on the greenway, so, generally speaking, I don't think it would work. That said, if someone were to approach the parks and rec dept with a special need to use one on the course, I wouldn't be surprised if they would allow it.